Poll: Who will win the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dante Exum, 26 pts, 7/9 3pt, +7
64.86%
24 64.86%
THJ, 32 pts, 5/10 3pt, 3 charges!
29.73%
11 29.73%
Grant Williams, 19 pts, 5/7 3pt, +7
0%
0 0%
Luka Doncic, 33 pts, 17 ast!!!, 6 rbd, +10
5.41%
2 5.41%
Derrick Lively, 8, 8, 3 blks, +8
0%
0 0%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 23 Dirkie: EX GON GIVE IT TO YA!
[Image: 17668681_MB_09-27_Training_Camp_Day_1-50...3834-2.jpg]
Like Reply
I can make a strong case for Luka and Hardaway, but had to go with Exum tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
I almost just want to vote THJ and Exum as co-Dirkies. Whoever is leading the poll vote for the other of the two. Exum dropped 17 in the 4th and was a flamethrower from deep. Hardaway had a season high 32 with 3 emphatic dunks and took 3 charges (should've been more but you saw the reffing in that game). How can I choose?

Dare I say it, this team is actually deep this year
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
17 assists is wild, man. Luka is so special.
Like Reply
Exum coming out party! If he can shoot the 3 like this he’s Matrix 2.0
Like Reply
This sort of felt like a playoff game where they had a gameplan and Exum unexpectedly punished them hard for it. Ez choice.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jakeospikez's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:48 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: This sort of felt like a playoff game where they had a gameplan and Exum unexpectedly punished them hard for it. Ez choice.

That IS what happened. It wasn't an accident that he was wide open at the end of that many possessions. This is what a few of us have been talking about. If he's going to hit those, he's going to help a TON with all the other stuff he brings to the table. But, imagine what the offensive would've looked like tonight if he had missed them all. I honestly think that would get him pulled in an important game. It would kind of have to. Can't just allow one of the opposing defenders to go rover and double Luka at will. 

Hopefully, Exum keeps dropping those shots.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 10:46 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Exum coming out party! If he can shoot the 3 like this he’s Matrix 2.0

Fourth best player on the Mavs behind Luka, Ky and DLive.
Crazy to think 3 of the 4 are point guards.
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 11:04 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Fourth best player on the Mavs behind Luka, Ky and DLive.
Crazy to think 3 of the 4 are point guards.

Thankfully two of them have legit wing size. Luka is build like a PF and it feels like Exum is doing a better job on opposing forwards than DJJ and Grant.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ballsrchr, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 11:07 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Thankfully two of them have legit wing size. Luka is build like a PF and it feels like Exum is doing a better job on opposing forwards than DJJ and Grant.

Luka is built like a tight end! But how bout the 43.5 mins per game in a back to back?

Also saw some D from Hardaway!

But yeah, Dante the Inferno for the Dirkie!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-12-2023, 11:20 PM)The Jom Wrote: Luka is built like a tight end! But how bout the 43.5 mins per game in a back to back?

That's just what it takes, sometimes. December is going to be a tough month for the entire team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
This team is scrappy! Shout out to GW, THJ, and of course--Luka. But...my Dirkie goes to Dante Exum. Exum seems to settle into the NBA game more and more each game. I'm not going to expect this kind of performance every game, but I like him!

Not going to slight Lively either. He's doing great for a rookie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Quite possibly the best all around game I've ever seen from THJ. Also, 17 assists like it's just another day at the job. Damn, Luka.
[-] The following 2 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
You take 3 charges and you get my vote!
[-] The following 4 users Like MFFL's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
I can’t wait to see the three headed point guard starting lineup. Exum is the perfect third wheel for this team. He dramatically improved his game, particularly his shooting, in Europe. Great find.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Hate to say it, but was anybody LESS effective than Seth Curry? D’Angelo Russell maybe. But no one else. He’d be sooooo good for the Bucks. Or maybe the Sixers want him back?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
The fact its almost impossible to choose means the Mavs played an incredible game.

Exum became prime Ray Allen tonight and hit timely 3 after timely 3. His ability to penetrate and make the correct pass just opens up so much for the offense. The only reason why I didn't give him the Dirkie tonight was solely because he got stripped a couple of times which lead to easy buckets for the Lakers. When the Dirkie voting is this narrow, the dumbest stuff can disqualify!

Lively had a quiet game on the stat sheet, but his impact was anything but. I lost track of how many times he contested the Lakers down low which led to easy missed layups. He had one on Lebron late in the 4th. The amount of points he prevented alone makes me want to vote him DPOY. He also flashed some super nice touch in the post twice tonight. I wish this dude could play 48 mins a night every night.

What can I say about Luka Legend? Cool Hand Luka? Wonderboy? The most badass dude in the NBA? Whatever you want to call him, he put together a masterclass tonight. 43 mins on the 2nd night of a back to back, and still dropped 33 points on great efficiency. Couple that with SEVENTEEN assists??? This dude isn't human. He's unreal. I am so happy he's on my team. He sadly doesn't get the Dirkie tonight...

THJ stepped up in such a major way. Not only did his hot shooting propel the Mavs to a 15+ point lead, he was passing too. Never thought I'd say say that! THJ had several great passes tonight. Couple that stood out to me was one to Holmes on the fastbreak where THJ passed back instead of forcing a shot to try and draw a foul. The other was in the last minute in the 4th where THJ gets a kickout pass, puts it on the floor, and finds Exum in the corner for a wide open 3 which he drains. The amount of growth there for THJ! He could've easily taken the shot multiple times, but he didn't and he made the correct basketball play. Couple that with 3 HUGE charges that effectively negated all of Reaves tonight.

THJ deserves the dirkie.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Benskix2, DallasMaverick, fifteenth, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Has to go to Exum - he made the big thress down the stretch. Of course, Luka was the best player but if we went by this, it would be 82 Dirkies for him. Hardaways was amazing as well in his best Kyrie impression.
[-] The following 5 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(12-13-2023, 03:47 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: The fact its almost impossible to choose means the Mavs played an incredible game.

Exum became prime Ray Allen tonight and hit timely 3 after timely 3. His ability to penetrate and make the correct pass just opens up so much for the offense. The only reason why I didn't give him the Dirkie tonight was solely because he got stripped a couple of times which lead to easy buckets for the Lakers. When the Dirkie voting is this narrow, the dumbest stuff can disqualify!

Lively had a quiet game on the stat sheet, but his impact was anything but. I lost track of how many times he contested the Lakers down low which led to easy missed layups. He had one on Lebron late in the 4th. The amount of points he prevented alone makes me want to vote him DPOY. He also flashed some super nice touch in the post twice tonight. I wish this dude could play 48 mins a night every night.

What can I say about Luka Legend? Cool Hand Luka? Wonderboy? The most badass dude in the NBA? Whatever you want to call him, he put together a masterclass tonight. 43 mins on the 2nd night of a back to back, and still dropped 33 points on great efficiency. Couple that with SEVENTEEN assists??? This dude isn't human. He's unreal. I am so happy he's on my team. He sadly doesn't get the Dirkie tonight...

THJ stepped up in such a major way. Not only did his hot shooting propel the Mavs to a 15+ point lead, he was passing too. Never thought I'd say say that! THJ had several great passes tonight. Couple that stood out to me was one to Holmes on the fastbreak where THJ passed back instead of forcing a shot to try and draw a foul. The other was in the last minute in the 4th where THJ gets a kickout pass, puts it on the floor, and finds Exum in the corner for a wide open 3 which he drains. The amount of growth there for THJ! He could've easily taken the shot multiple times, but he didn't and he made the correct basketball play. Couple that with 3 HUGE charges that effectively negated all of Reaves tonight.

THJ deserves the dirkie.

Nice observations especially on THJ. Our good dude sure seems to be buying in as well. He must realize how lucky he is to be a strong supporter guy to Luka and Kyrie. They are all playing like they want the chip and with continued growth they could get there. I’m having fun watching the process.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I give it to Exum. Well deserved.

Feel a little dirty not giving it to Luka though. While Exum made the shots, Luka was the one who made everything run. I loved putting Luka at the Dirk spot and making the defenses pick their poison. It is a much better spot than being 28 feet from the basket and taking step back threes. Could this be our end of the game closing play? While Exum hit the shots, I think Kyrie is in the spot when healthy. So you have Luka at the Free throw line with a spread floor. Lively at the rim. If no on doubles Luka he uses his strength and height to take 10 foot shots. If they double it leaves a good shooter open. Lively is there to look for the lob or crash the board.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dmavs4life03, fifteenth, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply