Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giddey Discussion
There are some pictures and even some video suggesting Josh Giddey has been hooking up with a high school student.  Some sources claim she's a high-school sophomore and others say a junior. If it's confirmed, I'm interested to see how the Thunder react to this.  Will they cut ties completely like the Spurs did with Josh Primo?  Will they hang onto talent regardless of character and optics like the Hornets with Miles Bridges?

https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/nba/...b45f1.html
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 07:25 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: There are some pictures and even some video suggesting Josh Giddey has been hooking up with a high school student.  Some sources claim she's a high-school sophomore and others say a junior.  If it's confirmed, I'm interested to see how the Thunder react to this.  Will they cut ties completely like the Spurs did with Josh Primo?  Will they hang onto talent regardless of character and optics like the Hornets with Miles Bridges?

https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/nba/...b45f1.html

If this is true, and we don't know yet, he should be suspended for a long damn time. Any NBA team should cut a player under the same circumstances, no matter who they are. I would say the same thing if it was Luka. Plus he's a somewhat famous NBA player so he can literally get 99% of women out there. This is disgusting if true. All that being said, maybe it's a BS story. He deserves to explain his side.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
To take it further, he'll be lucky to avoid jail time if she's 15. Apparently 16 is the consent age in Oklahoma and that's crazy to me. If that was my daughter, I would be pressing charges.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 11:19 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: To take it further, he'll be lucky to avoid jail time if she's 15. Apparently 16 is the consent age in Oklahoma and that's crazy to me. If that was my daughter, I would be pressing charges.

Sadly, I doubt it will go that far. Money will change hands and this will go away, eventually.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 11:19 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: To take it further, he'll be lucky to avoid jail time if she's 15. Apparently 16 is the consent age in Oklahoma and that's crazy to me. If that was my daughter, I would be pressing charges.

Nothing is confirmed yet. This is all based on a couple of unverified tweets. I've seen posts where they say she's 15 and a sophomore in high school. Others that say she was 17 when Giddy was 19.  

Another post that said she was 18 and this is an old story.

I agree though, if she was in fact underaged and Giddy knowingly went out with her, dude should be banned for life.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Josh Giddey averaging 14 on and off the court
[-] The following 2 users Like juanc's post:
  • BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 12:11 PM)juanc Wrote: Josh Giddey averaging 14 on and off the court

Youngest triple double Josh Giddey. Oldest triple double Karl Malone...
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 12:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Nothing is confirmed yet. This is all based on a couple of unverified tweets. I've seen posts where they say she's 15 and a sophomore in high school. Others that say she was 17 when Giddy was 19.  

Another post that said she was 18 and this is an old story.

I agree though, if she was in fact underaged and Giddy knowingly went out with her, dude should be banned for life.

Banned for life over a consensual relationship?

Every girl I have ever known liked older guys.  I would say more than half the girls I hung around in high school had hooked up with guys older than Giddey's current age.

Prove to me he manipulated and took some crazy advantage of her or its a nothing burger to me.  

Get scolded and have some sort of reasonable punishment...but banned for life over this?  I guess I need to see that he has some issue with very young girls before I go that far...not just one relationship...assuming this is real.   I dont know if I would even punish him unless she is under 16.   Dude is only 21.

Please dont tell me Im advocating for some nefarious thing that I am not.   Nothing about this relationship seems bad to me.   Im all for laws.   If she is under 16 then give him reasonable punishment...not label him a child molester or perv and ban him for life from basketball...especially if its consensual and neither party was manipulating the other.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 12:46 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Please dont tell me Im advocating for some nefarious thing that I am not.   Nothing about this relationship seems bad to me.   Im all for laws.   If she is under 16 then give him reasonable punishment...not label him a child molester or perv and ban him for life from basketball...especially if its consensual and neither party was manipulating the other.

I don't think you're advocating for something nefarious... but the man is a multimillionaire picking up his "girlfriend" after she just finished algebra class. If you don't think that's odd then I think we're at an impasse. He could get literally 99.9% of above 18 year old girls out there by the mere fact he is an NBA player. 

Lets assume these rumors are true, and that she is 15. The fact she is so young means she doesn't know any better and the mere fact that Giddy is trying to form a relationship with her is a form of manipulation on his part. I felt I knew everything at 15, and now I look back when I was a kid and I was the biggest idiot on earth. The reasonable punishment if she was underaged is actually labelling Giddy a child molester because by definition that is what he did. Consensual or not, this isn't something that should be accepted socially. 

Of course it's never that cut and dry. Maybe she lied to him about his age and he didn't know any better (doesn't mean Giddy didn't commit a crime!). Maybe she had a fake ID and that's how she was able to get into clubs. Lots of gradations here.

At the end of the day there still isn't any confirmation whether or not this is true so I'm not going to judge Giddy until the facts come out. But if she was 15, then the dude is gross and 100% should be banned from the NBA for statutory rape and child molestation.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 12:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't think you're advocating for something nefarious... but the man is a multimillionaire picking up his "girlfriend" after she just finished algebra class. If you don't think that's odd then I think we're at an impasse. He could get literally 99.9% of above 18 year old girls out there by the mere fact he is an NBA player. 

Lets assume these rumors are true, and that she is 15. The fact she is so young means she doesn't know any better and the mere fact that Giddy is trying to form a relationship with her is a form of manipulation on his part. I felt I knew everything at 15, and now I look back when I was a kid and I was the biggest idiot on earth. The reasonable punishment if she was underaged is actually labelling Giddy a child molester because by definition that is what he did. Consensual or not, this isn't something that should be accepted socially. 

Of course it's never that cut and dry. Maybe she lied to him about his age and he didn't know any better (doesn't mean Giddy didn't commit a crime!). Maybe she had a fake ID and that's how she was able to get into clubs. Lots of gradations here.

At the end of the day there still isn't any confirmation whether or not this is true so I'm not going to judge Giddy until the facts come out. But if she was 15, then the dude is gross and 100% should be banned from the NBA for statutory rape and child molestation.

Too much missing information...all speculation on both our parts.

If true...assuming its information we can go by...I stand by my opinion that this is not a big deal at all based on their ages alone.

You want to use the illustration of picking her up from high school...what if he lives in a high rise apartment and goes to the coffee shop or subway daily that is on the bottom floor of his building.   They see each other often...they speak and like each other...it progresses from there into something sexual.   The are both kids, man.   

I got to have proof Josh has a problem with young girls, he specifically seeks them out routinely and that hes been told on more than one occasion that you cant due this but he repeatedly does.  Sure...he can get a lot of girls that are of age....but he could just be smitten by the girl that works at the coffee shop that he goes to often...and she is smitten with him...and they both decide to take it further.

I dont like your Algebra decription...its too negative and most likely not how this played out...not even close.  I didnt read the story or see the photos that surfaced....if he was picking her up from school...thats stupid of him....but they are both just kids.   Who knows...in Australia this might be a nothing burger.   Yeah...hes in the USA now...I get it....but like I said....almost every girl I knew had been with dudes a lot older.

I havent read the article or seen the photos...assuming this is consensual...its a slap on the wrist and dont do it again.  If she is 15 give him reasonable punishment.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 12:11 PM)juanc Wrote: Josh Giddey averaging 14 on and off the court

You win the internet.  Holy shit is that funny!
Like Reply
Last thing...

Its pretty hypocritical if a young girl can seek out older guys and not get in trouble. I know the girls I went to school with preferred and sought out older guys.

No one wants to talk on that subject though.

If the dude is a creep...and did creepy things...give him a harsh punishment.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 12:46 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Banned for life over a consensual relationship?

Every girl I have ever known liked older guys.  I would say more than half the girls I hung around in high school had hooked up with guys older than Giddey's current age.

Prove to me he manipulated and took some crazy advantage of her or its a nothing burger to me.  

Get scolded and have some sort of reasonable punishment...but banned for life over this?  I guess I need to see that he has some issue with very young girls before I go that far...not just one relationship...assuming this is real.   I dont know if I would even punish him unless she is under 16.   Dude is only 21.

Please dont tell me Im advocating for some nefarious thing that I am not.   Nothing about this relationship seems bad to me.   Im all for laws.   If she is under 16 then give him reasonable punishment...not label him a child molester or perv and ban him for life from basketball...especially if its consensual and neither party was manipulating the other.

If she's under 16 he is a child molester, BY DEFINITION!  Child molestation is never "consensual".  Dude, it's 2023.  Evolve.  Be better than this.

(11-24-2023, 01:30 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Last thing...

Its pretty hypocritical if a young girl can seek out older guys and not get in trouble.  I know the girls I went to school with preferred and sought out older guys.

No one wants to talk on that subject though.

If the dude is a creep...and did creepy things...give him a harsh punishment.

They are effing minors!!!  What don't you understand???  So adult men *have to eff minor girls if they're sought out?  Say that out loud.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 12:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't think you're advocating for something nefarious... but the man is a multimillionaire picking up his "girlfriend" after she just finished algebra class. If you don't think that's odd then I think we're at an impasse. He could get literally 99.9% of above 18 year old girls out there by the mere fact he is an NBA player. 

CORRECT.  THANK YOU.

There is no grey area in interpreting the law, hence "statutory".  DA's will prosecute with evidence even if the victim and his/her family refuse to press charges.

They only "grey" area is when they're 16 or 17.  15 or under...  you are molesting a child.  Period.  Hard stop.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 01:32 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: If she's under 16 he is a child molester, BY DEFINITION!  Child molestation is never "consensual".  Dude, it's 2023.  Evolve.  Be better than this.

They are effing minors!!!  What don't you understand???  So adult men *half to eff minor girls if they're sought out?  Say that out loud.

I need better info to become better.

If what I am experiencing is real...people screw.   It is what it is.   They are both kids.   This isnt some 50 year old married guy with a family using tricks to lure 12 or 13 year old girls for sex.   SAY THAT OUT LOUD.   This is two immature kids choosing to have a good time with each other.   SAY THAT OUT LOUD.

Until its reported he did creepy things to lure her in and manipulated her into sex she didnt want to participate in....this is all just young kids being young kids.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 01:38 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I need better info to become better.

If what I am experiencing is real...people screw.   It is what it is.   They are both kids.   This isnt some 50 year old married guy with a family using tricks to lure 12 or 13 year old girls for sex.   SAY THAT OUT LOUD.   This is two immature kids choosing to have a good time with each other.   SAY THAT OUT LOUD.

Until its reported he did creepy things to lure her in and manipulated her into sex she didnt want to participate in....this is all just young kids being young kids.

What about "statutory" rape do you not understand.  Moreover, what about statutory rape would an NBA star not understand?

You act like it's open to individuals' interpretation.  It's...
Stat·u·to·ry
/ˈstaCHəˌtôrē/
adjective
1.  required, permitted, or enacted by statute:
"the courts did award statutory damages to each of the plaintiffs"

There's literally no defense against statutory rape if it's established that the accused knew the victim was below the statutory age.  In other words, everything you're saying is noise, no meaning to it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 01:51 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: What about "statutory" rape do you not understand.  Moreover, what about statutory rape would an NBA star not understand?

You act like it's open to individuals' interpretation.  It's...
Stat·u·to·ry
/ˈstaCHəˌtôrē/
adjective
1.  required, permitted, or enacted by statute:
"the courts did award statutory damages to each of the plaintiffs"

There's literally no defense against statutory rape if it's established that the accused knew the victim was below the statutory age.  In other words, everything you're saying is noise, no meaning to it.

Listen...this is the same old psychology trap every time.

Im reasonable.   

You arent.

You follow a rigid interpretation of the law whether its reasonable or not.

If he is seeking underage girls out online...he has issues.   If this is just two young humans smitten for each other and they came in contact with each other in an organic way...its a nothing burger.   Scold the kid...tell him the optics are bad plus there are laws.   

Dont ruin the kids life over falling for temptation unless he is doing something shady.

Very reasonable.   We can agree to disagree.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 01:59 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Listen...this is the same old psychology trap every time.

Im reasonable.   

You arent.

You follow a rigid interpretation of the law whether its reasonable or not.

If he is seeking underage girls out online...he has issues.   If this is just two young humans smitten for each other and they came in contact with each other in an organic way...its a nothing burger.   Scold the kid...tell him the optics are bad plus there are laws.   

Dont ruin the kids life over falling for temptation unless he is doing something shady.

Very reasonable.   We can agree to disagree.

What do you not understand about statutory????  There is NO interpretation.

I'm not saying you aren't reasonable; there is no reasoning here.  You are trying to give context and justify something that is judged void of context and justification.  What you are saying is fundamentally wrong.  Period.

Let's say he was 19 and she was 15.  That's statutory rape, regardless of the circumstances.  The only thing we have to wait for to make the story valid or not is if he was >=18 and she was <16.  Period.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 02:37 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: What do you not understand about statutory????  There is NO interpretation.

I'm not saying you aren't reasonable; there is no reasoning here.  You are trying to give context and justify something that is judged void of context and justification.  What you are saying is fundamentally wrong.  Period.

Let's say he was 19 and she was 15.  That's statutory rape, regardless of the circumstances.  The only thing we have to wait for to make the story valid or not is if he was >=18 and she was <16.  Period.

Im saying I dont care.   Its law...but its not perfect.   

Its not hard to understand.

I agree with having laws...but not all of them are perfect.

I dont think this kid should be labeled a monster over this for falling for temptation, assuming it was in an organic, consensual thing.   The law says he should be labeled that...so.   Im not ruining his life over it if it was simply mutual temptation and consensual....YOU CAN THOUGH.   I think that would be unreasonable.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 02:57 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Im saying I dont care.   Its law...but its not perfect.   

Its not hard to understand.

I agree with having laws...but not all of them are perfect.

I dont think this kid should be labeled a monster over this for falling for temptation, assuming it was in an organic, consensual thing.   The law says he should be labeled that...so.   Im not ruining his life over it if it was simply mutual temptation and consensual....YOU CAN THOUGH.   I think that would be unreasonable.

OK?  So I guess you agree and stand corrected on the words you used like molester, pervert, and nefarious?  You can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own laws and word meanings.

>=18yo having sex with <16yo in OK = statutory rape, molester, pervert, and nefarious.

IMO, our own opinions on something so defined and used to protect children is mental masturbation.  

And how am I ruining Giddy's life when I can't even vote in OK?  This is a problem with social media...  arguing your opinions is pissing in the winds.  Don't kid yourself; you're not ruining or helping his life.
Like Reply