Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Harden+Tucker to LAC| Morris+Batum+RoCo+KJ Martin to PHI+picks
(10-31-2023, 08:33 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I'm interested to see if they develop continuity. Kinda of a tough sell when 4 of them are pretty much ball-dominant  I can't even say if they are a legit playoff team. To be determined....

I agree. My first thought was "so LACs get to play with more than one ball now?"
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 09:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @KeithSmithNBA
I’ve got the Clippers short about $1M or so in matching salary , if James Harden waives his trade bonus. If he doesn’t, the Clippers are about $5M or so short.

Between that and the third team for pick purposes, there are still lots of moving parts in this trade.
@KeithSmithNBA
Seems like the final piece we are waiting on is if James Harden is waiving his trade bonus or not. If he is, trade is good as is. If Harden isn't waiving the bonus, then the Clippers need to shed some additional salary.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 09:29 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: BE PREPARED

In the league for 14 years? Vet minimum contract? Sounds like a starter to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 11:48 AM)loki Wrote: In the league for 14 years? Vet minimum contract? Sounds like a starter to me.

The worst part of the Mavs picking up Green, should that happen, is that we won't know how unhinged Donnie Nelson becomes upon hearing the news.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 11:53 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: The worst part of the Mavs picking up Green, should that happen, is that we won't know how unhinged Donnie Nelson becomes upon hearing the news.

It will also be confusing for the sportscasters.
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 11:48 AM)loki Wrote: In the league for 14 years? Vet minimum contract? Sounds like a starter to me.

And a recent major injury further limiting his mobility to boot! DJJ better watch his back. We never miss an opportunity to replace an actual NBA level athlete with a disabled veteran.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Way more interested to see how this plays out for the Clippers than the Sixers. On NBA2K they would be scary. I mean from a talent standpoint they are. MANY question marks - depth, commitment, health and chemistry. I would wager too mabe question marks (I sure hope so, I pretty much hate the franchise and all the players involved, outside of Kawhi). But IF everything goes their way, I could see them being great. As a betting man I would still put my money on an interesting implosion. I will be there to watch.
Like Reply
I think this will be it for Harden...win or lose, he will probably just be happy to play in LA and finish his career there.
Like Reply
That should be it for Harden. I mean come on. I might give everyone ONE instance of forcing his way out of a situation. But the guy has done it like what? 3 times now? Tried it on several more occasions? Also to get away with all of this... the dude just makes me sick on a personal note.
Like Reply
I think at the very least, PG is on the move this next offseason. Kawhi is home, he isn’t going anywhere else. RW might get a bigger payday from them and has kinda found a place where he’s wanted. Hardy is going to the highest bidder, wherever that is. I think Harden will break PG and he’ll just want to finish his career away from drama.

We could be a landing spot for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 05:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think at the very least, PG is on the move this next offseason. Kawhi is home, he isn’t going anywhere else. RW might get a bigger payday from them and has kinda found a place where he’s wanted. Hardy is going to the highest bidder, wherever that is. I think Harden will break PG and he’ll just want to finish his career away from drama.

We could be a landing spot for him.

In media day interviews Kyrie talked about how the front office asked him about potential fits of the players available and ones who will be available over the next couple seasons and PG was the only name that really came to mind for me.
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 05:46 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: In media day interviews Kyrie talked about how the front office asked him about potential fits of the players available and ones who will be available over the next couple seasons and PG was the only name that really came to mind for me.
I like that you just said you are Kyrie right here!!!

Ya, PG is on the decline, tricky calculation to figure out where the deep drop off will happen, but his skillset is exactly what we need.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 06:00 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I like that you just said you are Kyrie right here!!!

Ya, PG is on the decline, tricky calculation to figure out where the deep drop off will happen, but his skillset is exactly what we need.

Blew my cover!
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(10-31-2023, 06:00 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I like that you just said you are Kyrie right here!!!

It’s tough to grab a falling knife.  Veterans like PG can be useful, but they also need to come cheap.
Like Reply
PG’s game will fall off like Trix’s did. He’ll no longer be an all star. But he’ll be a terrific, versatile player well into his late 30s.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply