Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next 6 games (12/12 - 12/22)
It was all about the must win game!
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:41 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 11:24 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:53 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Seriously though, my expectation is that the non-Luka Mavs will be a pain in arse for teams. I don't care about the whole "1 subpar starter" thing. I expect them to play hard, to play well coached and to give teams fits. I think they'll play a lot like our bench has played the last few years, sound, unselfish, together and scrappy.

They may get outclassed by superior talent in some of these games, but teams should beware. If they let their guard down because Luka is out, we'll snatch that W.

Hey man, nice pre-game post!
Smile

(12-15-2019, 05:34 PM)mtrot Wrote: Folks, the Mavs will play a lot better than they did last night.  Chins up.  The loss of Luka threw them for a loop last night, and they dang near won the game, actually would have won the game with a couple more made free throws. They just have to come out even more aggressive than they have so far with Luka at the helm.
Nice pre-game post, man!

Yeah, that's a couple of really nice pre-game posts!

I figured @"Scott41theMavs" would stop by to say so.  Big Grin

(12-15-2019, 08:54 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Scott, you have produced some if the best crow eating posts of all time. I'm hoping for another one!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
shameless bump
Like Reply
(12-15-2019, 11:53 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Seriously though, my expectation is that the non-Luka Mavs will be a pain in arse for teams. I don't care about the whole "1 subpar starter" thing. I expect them to play hard, to play well coached and to give teams fits. I think they'll play a lot like our bench has played the last few years, sound, unselfish, together and scrappy.

They may get outclassed by superior talent in some of these games, but teams should beware. If they let their guard down because Luka is out, we'll snatch that W.

Is it bad form to keep quoting myself?
Like Reply
(12-19-2019, 01:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

Nope, it's not too hot, not too cold, but juuuuuust riiiiight!

Let's not forget that they had Hayward and Smart out as well. For sure the two don't have the impact on their team that Luka has on ours, but it's worth noting IMO.
Like Reply
(12-19-2019, 01:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

Naw, it's all good!  And I'll quote myself from the start of the Mavs/Celts game thread:

"It's going to be a lot harder to beat the Celtics than it was to beat the Bucks".  Which turned out to be the case.  

The Celts are so aggressive to the rim and have numerous players who can finish and draw fouls.  They are disciplined and their defense is top notch.  I think the Bucks are going to have their hands full with Boston in the East.

Having watched a good bit of the Sixers vs Heat game, the Sixers look to me beatable for the Mavs.  Embid is just not very disciplined and tends to chuck that three point shot way too much.  And with Simmons on the floor, they really only have four shooters on the court.  Against the Sixers, I would go with more Wright and less Brunson.
Like Reply