Poll: How many rebounds does the Mavs team as a total get this game? O/U 36.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
71.43%
5 71.43%
Under
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 57: DAL (31-26) vs. SAC (31-24) | 122-114 WIN
I didn’t think Wood was terrible defensively tonight, but I do think he took it upon himself to go one on three for about three or four possessions in a row to start the second quarter, and I think probably multiple people affiliated with the Mavericks took issue with that. Just a guess, but I know I hated it as a viewer, and the ball had been moving so well before that.

Now in the first quarter he was amazing.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:35 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t think there are mind games being played… I just don’t think they give a crap that Wood is going to walk.

Reason why I said mind games is what did Wood do or didn't do, to play so few minutes? Looks like McGee is out the doghouse and back in his good graces. For now..
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:38 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: PREEEACH

It was a wire to wire win too. Kings never even came close to taking the lead back. 

And. This. Is. All. Without. Luka.

I mean that's crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have not trailed since they made the trade. They’ve had the lead for two straight games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Might take a little while to figure out the dynamic but it's hard to argue with the fact that the Kyrie trade hugely raised the team's ceiling this year 
Especially in the playoffs, that's going to be such a nightmare for teams to try to gameplan against
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:27 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I don't mind reduced minutes for Wood.
DP and Joel has played as well as they can.

But Kidd is handling this badly.
He needs every big he has in the play-offs, ticking off Wood does not help the Mavs cause.
Give him a few minutes more, that's fair.

Again, among the things why Kidd should not be coach.

The biggest part of this is that it is proven that DP is a liability in the playoffs. You play drop defense against the PnR, he's a non factor offensively we are basically playing 4 on 5 on offense. Maxi and Wood are likely the only bigs you can reliably play big minutes throughout the playoffs because they don't kill offensive spacing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
I was wroooooong about Kyrie. Dude is a closer and will change the ability for teams to foul their way back against the Mavs!

IMO Kidd pulled Wood too soon in the 1st half when he was incredibly efficient. But the 2nd Half minutes were about right.

The guy that needs to killed is Theo Pinson. He is in the game to keep Fox in front of him and instead let him have the Louisiana Move.

Timmy hit a couple of clutch shots that were not jump shots... McGee was huge in the 1st half. 

Weird situation incoming: IF Dallas has not picked up a 15th man in the FA market after 10 days (Silva expires) they will need to figure out IF they want McKinley Wright IV to be the 3rd PG in the playoffs. Signs say yes, but Luka changes so much when he is playing heavy minutes.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:37 AM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Thinking back on CWood’s night. 

He started with 2 outstanding assists and then got it rolling himself.  He had 2-3 rack attack misses that weren’t really in the flow but he probably got fouled too.  After that he gets yanked and sits for a looooooong time.  

I wonder what the communication is with him and where his head is.  He has to feel like he played his way into the bigger role he wanted and an injury has him right back to square one. 

I don’t know what the solution is, but this team needs everyone pulling in the same direction and an engaged CWood would go a long way toward pushing this teams ceiling.

It must be hard knowing you can go out there and help your brothers win, but your coach with more felonies than inbounds plays and probably your own front office are yanking your dick around.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Branduil
Like Reply
So we have such a crushingly dominant roster that we can afford to flush even 18 and 8 off the bench down the toilet? And I'm not talking about anyone walking; I mean this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:42 AM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: they want McKinley Wright IV Jaden Hardy to be the 3rd PG in the playoffs.
FIFY
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:42 AM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: they will need to figure out IF they want McKinley Wright IV to be the 3rd PG in the playoffs.

oh god. 
we're screwed if Wright or Pinson are getting any meaningful minutes in the playoffs
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:41 AM)Jym Wrote: Might take a little while to figure out the dynamic but it's hard to argue with the fact that the Kyrie trade hugely raised the team's ceiling this year 
Especially in the playoffs, that's going to be such a nightmare for teams to try to gameplan against

You know what I think? I mean, don’t get me wrong, it matters that the guy they got is Kyrie Irving, a special player. I am sure he, specifically, is giving the team a lot of confidence.

But honestly, I am starting to think that the team took Brunson walking just as hard as some of us fans… Harder than most. I think some of the lackluster efforts we saw in the first half of the season might be attributable to them being butthurt that they lost their 2nd best player/team leader. I really do.

But now, I bet they feel like management went out and got them a chance to compete again.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:44 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So we have such a crushingly dominant roster that we can afford to flush even 18 and 8 off the bench down the toilet? And I'm not talking about anyone walking; I mean this year.

if the replacement gives you 11 and 9 with way better defense
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:42 AM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I was wroooooong about Kyrie. Dude is a closer and will change the ability for teams to foul their way back against the Mavs!

IMO Kidd pulled Wood too soon in the 1st half when he was incredibly efficient. But the 2nd Half minutes were about right.

The guy that needs to killed is Theo Pinson. He is in the game to keep Fox in front of him and instead let him have the Louisiana Move.

Timmy hit a couple of clutch shots that were not jump shots... McGee was huge in the 1st half. 

Weird situation incoming: IF Dallas has not picked up a 15th man in the FA market after 10 days (Silva expires) they will need to figure out IF they want McKinley Wright IV to be the 3rd PG in the playoffs. Signs say yes, but Luka changes so much when he is playing heavy minutes.

Nobody in the league can stay in front of Fox. He blew by Green too. That's a lot to ask for a benchwarmer that's just starting to get a few token minutes.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:46 AM)Jym Wrote: if the replacement gives you 11 and 9 with way better defense

You're going to tire out that rather aged 11 and 9 - not to mention Maxi "Minutes Limitation" Kleber - in the playoffs (when Powell won't play more than 15 mpg) if you can no longer trust 18 and 8 because he's developed a hell-bent hatred for his team and essentially plays for the other one when he's in.

People were afraid Kyrie would be Rondo. I think Rondo is a little taller this time, and far more justified in his ire.
Like Reply
So just throw Wood out there instead of trying to (develop??) Pinson...
That small ball lineup with Pinson trying to be Don Nelson's Point-Forward almost put Sacramento in the lead.
Like Reply
Still hoping Pat Bev gets bought out. We need his aggressive, annoying defense. We need him in case we get Phx in the playoffs.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:55 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: Still hoping Pat Bev gets bought out. We need his aggressive, annoying defense. We need him in case we get Phx in the playoffs.
There's no need to stop CP3, he'll stop himself by being old.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:45 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know what I think? I mean, don’t get me wrong, it matters that the guy they got is Kyrie Irving, a special player. I am sure he, specifically, is giving the team a lot of confidence.

But honestly, I am starting to think that the team took Brunson walking just as hard as some of us fans… Harder than most. I think some of the lackluster efforts we saw in the first half of the season might be attributable to them being butthurt that they lost their 2nd best player/team leader. I really do.

But now, I bet they feel like management went out and got them a chance to compete again.

I guess that’s a theory. I’d like to think these fellas are more professional than that.

My take is it lifts everybody’s game to have a point guard on the floor. I know I’m gonna draw ire with this. But Luka and Spence are scorers first. Brunson too. Kyrie is a complete floor general. Has a lot to do with McGee’s reappearance imho. It’s gonna help THJ second most.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:57 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: There's no need to stop CP3, he'll stop himself by being old.

I don’t know man, have you seen that commercial where he speed walks competitively?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
He probably should get more minutes but minutes are tight.  Powell only got 16 due to early foul trouble.  But Powell just helps things move smoothly by doing the boring stuff well.  McGee has played with a fire The last two games that we have not seen this year.  So his 19 minutes were deserved.  So that leads a short leash at the 5 position if he have a few bad possessions.  He may very well be an under 25 minute per game player now even on his best nights.  He will have many chances to earn playing time.
Like Reply