Poll: How many rebounds does the Mavs team as a total get this game? O/U 36.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
71.43%
5 71.43%
Under
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 57: DAL (31-26) vs. SAC (31-24) | 122-114 WIN
(02-11-2023, 12:17 AM)The Jom Wrote: Whoa, there. THJ takes as much shit as anybody here.

Yeah but he's been trash most of the season, he should be. Wood gets the same level of shit if he even has an average game. While his production is light years ahead of THJ.
[-] The following 3 users Like Dundalis's post:
  • Arioch, IamDougieFresh, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:23 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean do you think he's played good after the first...?

But I agree with you. Wood shouldn't be stuck at below 15 mins in a game, especially if he's scoring well. Kidd sending a message

He barley played after the first lol.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Kyrie despite having a bad night, has more points tonight than last game when he was efficient lol
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:20 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I bet. What did he play, 10 minutes?

I don't mind reduced minutes for Wood.
DP and Joel has played as well as they can.

But Kidd is handling this badly.
He needs every big he has in the play-offs, ticking off Wood does not help the Mavs cause.
Give him a few minutes more, that's fair.

Again, among the things why Kidd should not be coach.
Like Reply
Good win!  Sabonis didn't get off, but Fox did. When the 3 ball is falling, they're a hand full. Mavs had 7 players in double figures. Might be the blueprint going forward. Still don't understand why Wood only played 13 minutes. It's baffling.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:28 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Good win!  Sabonis didn't get off, but Fox did. Mavs had 7 players in double figures. Might be the blueprint going forward. Still don't understand why Wood only played 13 minutes. It's baffling.

Kidd has all the answers apparently.
Like Reply
Hard not to like the flat earther.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
I can’t believe we are already complaining.

Guys, at one point in the season it looked like the Mavs literally could not win a ROAD game against a WNBA team. They have just gone back to back on the road (WITHOUT LUKA) without trailing for a second, and tonight’s win was against one of the best teams in the Western Conference this year (so far).

Yeah, the Kings made a little run, but the Mavericks don’t have any chemistry yet and somehow look better than they have all season, anyway. This game was never in jeopardy for a second.

Maybe let’s just enjoy it a little bit, yeah?
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:28 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Good win!  Sabonis didn't get off, but Fox did. Mavs had 7 players in double figures. Might be the blueprint going forward. Still don't understand why Wood only played 13 minutes. It's baffling.

Wood is letting opponents score right in front of him. Kidd doesn't like that
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:27 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I don't mind reduced minutes for Wood.
DP and Joel has played as well as they can.

But Kidd is handling this badly.
He needs every big he has in the play-offs, ticking off Wood does not help the Mavs cause.
Give him a few minutes more, that's fair.

Again, among the things why Kidd should not be coach.

Maybe he's saving Wood for tomorrow night?

I don't know. Trying to explain low mins here and that seems like a valid reason.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Balance and unselfishness.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LifeAquatic's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:29 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Kidd has all the answers apparently.

Well...I think Kidd is subconsciously pushing Wood out the door with these mind games. I think he walks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:34 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Well...I think Kidd is subconsciously pushing Wood out the door with these mind games. I think he walks.

I don’t think there are mind games being played… I just don’t think they give a crap that Wood is going to walk.
Like Reply
Shoutout to Hardy. Not much mention of him 
4 of 5 on threes and only 1 turnover
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft, LifeAquatic, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:34 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Well...I think Kidd is subconsciously pushing Wood out the door with these mind games. I think he walks.
There's nothing subconscious about it.
Like Reply
This team is so good. I see Theo out and just pretend he’s Dorian. Lots of wins ahead. We will pass up the kangz in short order
Like Reply
Thinking back on CWood’s night. 

He started with 2 outstanding assists and then got it rolling himself.  He had 2-3 rack attack misses that weren’t really in the flow but he probably got fouled too.  After that he gets yanked and sits for a looooooong time.  

I wonder what the communication is with him and where his head is.  He has to feel like he played his way into the bigger role he wanted and an injury has him right back to square one. 

I don’t know what the solution is, but this team needs everyone pulling in the same direction and an engaged CWood would go a long way toward pushing this teams ceiling.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:32 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maybe he's saving Wood for tomorrow night?

I don't know. Trying to explain low mins here and that seems like a valid reason.

Wood can be so inconsistent defensively. It's like he only plays defense when he feels like it.

I like him, tho. Just needs to put more effort on defense.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I can’t believe we are already complaining.

Guys, at one point in the season it looked like the Mavs literally could not win a ROAD game against a WNBA team. They have just gone back to back on the road (WITHOUT LUKA) without trailing for a second, and tonight’s win was against one of the best teams in the Western Conference this year (so far).

Yeah, the Kings made a little run, but the Mavericks don’t have any chemistry yet and somehow look better than they have all season, anyway. This game was never in jeopardy for a second.

PREEEACH

It was a wire to wire win too. Kings never even came close to taking the lead back. 

And. This. Is. All. Without. Luka.

I mean that's crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • LifeAquatic
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 12:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I can’t believe we are already complaining.

Christian Wood having a shorter leash than THJ is just so tiring.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41
Like Reply