Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: SUNS GET KD| BRK GETS BRIDGES, CAM, JAE, 4 Unprotected FRP AND A SWAP
(02-09-2023, 06:56 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: last season the suns looked better than us on paper and we ended up on the winning side. KD can be a game changer though.
But the suns had Bridges(top 3? Luka defender in the league), Johnson, Crowder. And they were thin on depth last year. Now, they have zero depth or defense. And CP3 is a year older and much worse this year. I’m not scared
Like Reply
Only way our series with Phoenix gets more interesting is if we get Crowder from BKN.

Luka - Booker rivalry - check
Irving - Durant storyline - check
Crowder revenge games - check

Luka-Kyrie will feast just like Luka-Dinwiddie-Brunson feasted against Paul/Booker/Ayton. Only problem would be we can't double Booker anymore.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAguiar95's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 07:17 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: Only way our series with Phoenix gets more interesting is if we get Crowder from BKN.

Luka - Booker rivalry - check
Irving - Durant storyline - check
Crowder revenge games - check

Luka-Kyrie will feast just like Luka-Dinwiddie-Brunson feasted against Paul/Booker/Ayton. Only problem would be we can't double Booker anymore.

And we can't put DFS at KD ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mapka's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:26 AM)F Gump Wrote: Nets have no FRPs of their own for many years (2028), compliments of James Harden, so they can't tank to any real benefit. It will be interesting to see how they play it from here, with no real star to build around, and no chance at lottery luck either.

Nets have rebuilt a pretty salty team on the fly. Not championship caliber but enough that the picks that Houston acquired aren't going to be high in the lottery.

Suns went all in with two geriatrics
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
This is from the Woj article on the deal.  Phoenix came close to a deal for Collins.  Not sure what the package would have been, but it appears Cam Johnson was not as highly valued in Phoenix as I would have thought.  I've seen some speculation that Ayton could be flipped for Capela/Bogdanovic.  

Talks had progressed and stalled, and the Suns appeared to be pivoting toward a three-way deal that might've landed them Atlanta's John Collins sometime Thursday morning, sources said. On the direction of his new owner, Mat Ishbia, general manager James Jones texted Nets GM Sean Marks sometime after 11 p.m. ET -- and it wouldn't be long until Ishbia and Nets owner Joe Tsai had cobbled together the final elements of the blockbuster trade, sources said.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:25 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I've seen some speculation that Ayton could be flipped for Capela/Bogdanovic. 

Hawks forum is full of this speculation, starting already last summer
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:25 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: This is from the Woj article on the deal.  Phoenix came close to a deal for Collins.  Not sure what the package would have been, but it appears Cam Johnson was not as highly valued in Phoenix as I would have thought.  I've seen some speculation that Ayton could be flipped for Capela/Bogdanovic.  

Talks had progressed and stalled, and the Suns appeared to be pivoting toward a three-way deal that might've landed them Atlanta's John Collins sometime Thursday morning, sources said. On the direction of his new owner, Mat Ishbia, general manager James Jones texted Nets GM Sean Marks sometime after 11 p.m. ET -- and it wouldn't be long until Ishbia and Nets owner Joe Tsai had cobbled together the final elements of the blockbuster trade, sources said.

I don't see them flipping Ayton now, but that's just me. I expect him to be more engaged now with KD in the fold.
Like Reply
Also, other West teams will be scrambling to find wings that can try to match up with KD. He's still a problem to guard. Stay tuned...
Like Reply
Sorry, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around PHX giving away 4 FRP for a 34y/o, often injured KD. To pair with a 37 y/o, hanging on by his fingernails CP3.

My question is whether this really makes KD happy. He's a weird critter and seems to get moody sharing the spotlight.

Does not help PHX financially and I don't think this will prove out well on court. 

From sportrac.com :

But it’s the tax numbers that really pop out here:

In adding that $8.8M of salary, the Phoenix Suns’ projected tax bill for 2022-23 increased from $35.5M, to $67.6M. Their 2023-24 tax space dwindled down to a projected $2.5M.

The 8.8M is the difference between outgoing and incoming salaries.
[-] The following 2 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • DallasMaverick, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:34 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Sorry, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around PHX giving away 4 FRP for a 34y/o, often injured KD. To pair with a 37 y/o, hanging on by his fingernails CP3.

Agree. I think they have a two season window. After that it will take long time to recover. Just Booker and Ayton is not enough and they traded all real talent and picks.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:38 AM)omahen Wrote: Agree. I think they have a two season window. After that it will take long time to recover. Just Booker and Ayton is not enough and they traded all real talent and picks.

It's almost like the new owner wants to show just how much he is willing to spend to win. Going to be hard to compete with Ballmer though. Or the Allen's in Portland. Or any of several other multi-billionaires.
Like Reply
I think KD left a better team than he went to in all honesty.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:25 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: This is from the Woj article on the deal.  Phoenix came close to a deal for Collins.  Not sure what the package would have been, but it appears Cam Johnson was not as highly valued in Phoenix as I would have thought.  I've seen some speculation that Ayton could be flipped for Capela/Bogdanovic.  

Wood+THJ for Ayton PLEASE
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:34 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Sorry, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around PHX giving away 4 FRP for a 34y/o, often injured KD. To pair with a 37 y/o, hanging on by his fingernails CP3.

Looking at KD's injury history and you just gotta wonder:

2014-15: Jones Fracture
2016-17: Left MCL Sprain+ Bone bruise (60/82 games played)
2018-19: Strained right calf (missed 2 playoff series before returning for the finals)
2018-19: Torn right Achilles 
2019-20: Missed whole year recovering
2020-21: Left hamstring strain (35/75 games played)
2021-22: Left MCL sprain (55/82 games played)
2022-23: Right MCL sprain
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://imgur.com/TNvi5m6
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Suns are the favorites in the west now according to Vegas at least.

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/basketbal...hip/winner
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 10:38 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://imgur.com/TNvi5m6
Joke’s on that guy. He doesn’t even know how to spell Kevin Durant! GO BACK TO SCHOOL, GUY!
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 10:38 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://imgur.com/TNvi5m6

Genius.
Like Reply
Would the Warriors have any interest in Wood?  My target there is Kuminga.  I think that he could be the DFS replacement with a lot more upside.  He has the size and length to contend with the best wings and he is taking steps forward.

My assumption is the Warriors want to hang on to him, and if they did move him they would have their sights set higher than CWood.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/...05216?s=20&t=zJdKTeAahNWEJlk8lPnh1g
Like Reply