Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: SUNS GET KD| BRK GETS BRIDGES, CAM, JAE, 4 Unprotected FRP AND A SWAP
Luka and Kyrie can take the Suns down. 

Can we trade Wood for DFS? Lol (I wish). We need another one to defend KD/Kawhi
Like Reply
https://imgur.com/LioJPbp
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
My evaluation of the trade:  the Suns are on tilt because the Mavs stole Kyrie for one pick and two role players and the Lakers also made a sneaky good trade today. All those unprotected picks plus the best defensive wing in the NBA for an aging player who can’t stay healthy?  This will blow up in their faces.  This is the end of the Suns.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:56 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: My evaluation of the trade:  the Suns are on tilt because the Mavs stole Kyrie for one pick and two role players and the Lakers also made a sneaky good trade today. All those unprotected picks plus the best defensive wing in the NBA for an aging player who can’t stay healthy?  This will blow up in their faces.  This is the end of the Suns.

It's Kevin Durant.

He was shooting an absurd 65% or something from mid range this year. He might be made of glass, but he's not going to age poorly. The Suns are as scary of a team as ever. We can only hope they get gassed playing CP3+Durant 45+mins in the playoffs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
thought we got the biggest deal with the kyrie one  and I was  wrong. seems nets are starting to rebuild right now. congrats to rockets, those picks are gonna be more valuable. cant wait to see DFS being bought out so we can sign him back for vet min.
[-] The following 2 users Like LukaMVP's post:
  • MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 02:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's Kevin Durant.

He was shooting an absurd 65% or something from mid range this year. He might be made of glass, but he's not going to age poorly. The Suns are as scary of a team as ever. We can only hope they get gassed playing CP3+Durant 45+mins in the playoffs.

Agree, but the significant injuries he's sustained are going to severely strain him moving forward at his age in terms of more consistently and frequently picking up injuries that take him out for bigger chunks of time. It's not like he's had the clean health of a Lebron (nor the body of a Lebron to sustain the punishment into athlete pensioner age).

I'd be surprised if his body holds up much past next season and he's able to play much into his late 30's. The Suns will need to just hope his body holds up at the right part of the season while they have him. It probably only needs to be one playoff run to be worth it how ridiculous they are fully healthy.
Like Reply
multiple first round picks have been the fair price for a superstar since the gobert trade. picks are inflated so bad, it makes the kyrie trade look more like a hard bargain for us.

teams are crazy.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:23 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I have no clue. The buyout market hasn't happened yet, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think that's going to be a prime destination for buyouts to go. They still have talent on their roster regardless. I don't see their lack of depth some are toting.

With that starting lineup, they'll figure the rest out. TJ Warren was also included in the deal. Phoenix has to be one of the favorites in the West now.

(02-09-2023, 02:49 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: multiple first round picks have been the fair price for a superstar since the gobert trade. picks are inflated so bad, it makes the kyrie trade look more like a hard bargain for us.

teams are crazy.

Dallas got Kyrie, but they need to do more.
Like Reply
bridges is a solid 3D and he is worth our remaining FRP imho. we also need to strengthen our paint so a 3-team trade would work, get bridges and a defensive big while ditching some bad contracts, we STACKED.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 02:49 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: multiple first round picks have been the fair price for a superstar since the gobert trade. picks are inflated so bad, it makes the kyrie trade look more like a hard bargain for us.

teams are crazy.

What I'm sitting back and wondering, do the Nets even do the Mavs trade given that they knew KD would demand out 3 days later?

Should've taken the Westbrook+2 firsts now no?

In any case, Kyrie for 1 first, even with all of his craziness is a comparative steal given what the Suns just paid for KD. And it's in another stratosphere of highway robbery compared to the Gobert trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Nets have no FRPs of their own for many years (2028), compliments of James Harden, so they can't tank to any real benefit. It will be interesting to see how they play it from here, with no real star to build around, and no chance at lottery luck either.
Like Reply
SD can  lead  this team to the playoffs. it doesn't make much sense for nets to go full tanking mode now, they already won too many games this season and they owe many of their picks to houston.
Like Reply
After that deal, our deal for Kyrie looks like a steal. 

Yes it's KD, but the Suns give up all their deph, youth, deffense and 4 picks for KD. I would call this desperate and all in move.

Offense is going to be lethal, but deffense and depth? I don't think that's enough for a championship. Paul is slowly declining, Booker and Durant are injury prones and it's going to be interesting to see how long they can last after playing 40+ minutes game after the game.

I'm pretty happy where the Mavs are now, and how we can  build up our future.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAVS-SLO's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:56 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: My evaluation of the trade:  the Suns are on tilt because the Mavs stole Kyrie for one pick and two role players and the Lakers also made a sneaky good trade today. All those unprotected picks plus the best defensive wing in the NBA for an aging player who can’t stay healthy?  This will blow up in their faces.  This is the end of the Suns.

You better hope it is.  I don't see it that way.  I hope Dallas has more moves to make.
Like Reply
Well guess that Suns owner doesn´t move to the top of the dummy list. They are the clear favourite now, even if some Mavs fans want to be in denial about this. It´s a two year window with CP3/KD, but they still have Booker/Ayton for the next round.
Like Reply
Maybe we can test the dummy theory. They also tried to include Saric in the deal (for whatever reason given their depth), so clearly do not value him. Sneaky McGee offer. Tongue
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:13 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: bridges is a solid 3D and he is worth our remaining FRP imho. we also need to strengthen our paint so a 3-team trade would work, get bridges and a defensive big while ditching some bad contracts, we STACKED.

Bridges ain't no solid 3&D. He's way more than that, and would require much more than just our first.

(02-09-2023, 03:44 AM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: After that deal, our deal for Kyrie looks like a steal. 

Yes it's KD, but the Suns give up all their deph, youth, deffense and 4 picks for KD. I would call this desperate and all in move.

Offense is going to be lethal, but deffense and depth? I don't think that's enough for a championship. Paul is slowly declining, Booker and Durant are injury prones and it's going to be interesting to see how long they can last after playing 40+ minutes game after the game.

I'm pretty happy where the Mavs are now, and how we can  build up our future.

Their defense is still way better than ours. In fact even after this trade they still look like a deeper team than ours. I think it's easily enough for a chip, when everyone is healthy they are the best team in the west no question IMO. Of course staying healthy will be an issue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
so Booker is available in 2/3 years max...well that's the conclusion that many drew from our KI trade, the movement of the Suns is more desperate than ours and I don't agree that they have better defenders than us now... What do they have? Craig/Okogie (more unplayable than Frank even) and the times that KD/Ayton give you...?...aside... I don't dislike the package received by the Lakers, looking out of the corner of my eye for a possible ST than KI if it is true that he wants to meet with Lebron.. What would Russell/Beasley/Vandervilt/Lakers FRP be like?
Like Reply
I’m not scared of the suns. We have the better team “as is”. Bring it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply
last season the suns looked better than us on paper and we ended up on the winning side. KD can be a game changer though.
Like Reply