Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
https://twitter.com/keefmorris/status/16...47584?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Becoming more and more convinced that we have the worst coach in the league
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, Branduil, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-11-2023, 09:50 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: And did I miss something. Is this Board finished?

Not finished. There are still many active posters here and an unbelievable amount of readers. However, a few people, including some of the popular ones, ran Kamm off. Whether he stays gone or eventually comes back is anyone’s guess, but the reality is that he did 95% of the work here, which I’ve tried to explain each and every time the villagers grab their pitch forks and head towards his house.

I love all of you and this place, but I’m certainly not about to plan my life around making game threads, so if we want to keep some of those traditions going, some others are going to need to pitch in.

(03-12-2023, 08:15 AM)Jym Wrote: Becoming more and more convinced that we have the worst coach in the league

Yeah, this is what’s sucking the fun out of things for me. I just don’t enjoy the offensive or defensive systems and I miss Carlisle’s ATOs with a passion.
Like Reply
(03-12-2023, 07:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not finished. There are still many active posters here and an unbelievable amount of readers. However, a few people, including some of the popular ones, ran Kamm off. Whether he stays gone or eventually comes back is anyone’s guess, but the reality is that he did 95% of the work here, which I’ve tried to explain each and every time the villagers grab their pitch forks and head towards his house.

I love all of you and this place, but I’m certainly not about to plan my life around making game threads, so if we want to keep some of those traditions going, some others are going to need to pitch in.

Yeah, this is what’s sucking the fun out of things for me. I just don’t enjoy the offensive or defensive systems and I miss Carlisle’s ATOs with a passion.

Idk if anyone would have a problem with me having mod privileges, but I’m putting the offer out now to help out. I won’t abuse and am usually checking the board every hour or 2. Can help with game threads, deleting those weird bot threads, etc.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(03-12-2023, 07:59 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Idk if anyone would have a problem with me having mod privileges, but I’m putting the offer out now to help out. I won’t abuse and am usually checking the board every hour or 2. Can help with game threads, deleting those weird bot threads, etc.

To be honest, I don’t even think there’s anyone still here with the access to grant new mod abilities. But, anyone can make threads. You are more than welcome to pitch in with game threads. Dirkie threads…as much as you want.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(03-12-2023, 08:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: To be honest, I don’t even think there’s anyone still here with the access to grant new mod abilities. But, anyone can make threads. You are more than welcome to pitch in with game threads. Dirkie threads…as much as you want.
Yes, I’ve said this in the past that anyone can make threads (game or otherwise) and we can sticky them when we glance at the board. I thought it would be a great idea to possibly break the tradition of how and what makes a game thread. Get creative (when I do them I usually try to find a cool past pic of like Dirk vs the star of the opposing team we’re playing that night or go even further back than Dirk). Posting a poll of some sort of weird/quirky question for the matchup is also a nice addition. 

The board can be anything all of us wants it to be and at one point we were a board that believed that stickied posts just got in the way of finding a topic we wanted to discuss. That threads stickied themselves if it was a good topic of discussion. After the work I put into the first year of board challenges I tried to recruit people to help me come up with ideas for new challenges and to help judge those challenges that needed judgement. I still think those are a good idea and can make this place a bit more fun, just can’t devote the amount of time and energy to doing that day in and day out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
I think this board just got fed up of the Mavs.

It started with letting JB slip thru FA. That's just bad management.
And then, the McGee signing, which some people still hoped would be worth at least in McGee's first year, but they know now, that's not the case.
The Wood signing gave most fans some flicker of hope, but even before the season started, Kidd was already putting out the flame.
Kidd took on the persona of ice cold water continually dousing whatever excitement fans have for the Mavs.
It wasn't just the Wood issue, but his over all coaching was very suspect.
Not to mention Kidd's demeanor and his tendency of blatant lies and lack of accountability,
And then, there's  also this Luka's constant whining.
Couple that with a play style that's boring specially pre-Kyrie.
The Mavs play style would have been understandable if they were winning the way they are playing now.
But they aren't.

At this point, Mav fans do not believe in this team.
The one last shot in the arm was the Kyrie trade and the first few games Kyrie had with the team.

But it's clear at this point.
The Mavs can never truly make a step forward if Jason Kidd is still the head coach.
The good news is --- this board would be alive again for next season's free agency, MOST SPECIALLY IF KIDD IS GONE regardless if Kyrie is back or not.
[-] The following 3 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-12-2023, 07:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: However, a few people, including some of the popular ones, ran Kamm off. Whether he stays gone or eventually comes back is anyone’s guess, but the reality is that he did 95% of the work here, which I’ve tried to explain each and every time the villagers grab their pitch forks and head towards his house.

Yeah more than a few times he would annoy me but I'd always bite my tongue and hold my sarcastic comment to myself because I knew how important he was around here. Especially during the offseason this place is going to be completely dead without him. Hopefully he comes back as a regular user
Like Reply
I appreciated (most of) Kamm's work, posting, and interaction.  I also liked Dan's informative posts--I didn't always agree with him--but I liked his posts.  I wish both of those guys, and others, were still here.  But this doesn't mean we don't still have some great posters with good information, funny posts, and witty come backs. This forum isn't dead and is still the best on a very short list I can find.

I'm just a fan of the Mavs--for the last...43 years.  Since 1980.  Yeah...that covered some pretty bad years.  I got disgusted with the Mavs in those years as well.  I'm not so disgusted with the players--mostly the coaching staff and management.  They've worked themselves into a dead end corner.  It will take some time to get out of it--if they ever do.  Surely they will.  As you can see...I am not a good gambler.

I don't have any special knowledge, or basketball expertise.  And I don't want to spend the time to learn any more than I know.  I'm just a fan.  A driveway point guard (it was a big driveway!...and I was very good!)  At this point in my life my vertical jump is 1"--if I can manage a take off.  Sometimes it takes a few tries.

So...for the guys who got mad, picked up their ball, and went home--come on back.  We need the ball--and we miss you.
Like Reply
I would imagine Kidd is back next year.  99% chance?   I think at a minimum they need to get defensive type players he prefers and he should shuffle his staff some and bring in a veteran assistant.   

But Nico should definitely be having in-depth review if Kidd is the right long term fit.    Cuban should also be having the same thoughts if Nico and Kidd are the right fits.   I would be surprised if this is actually happening though.  

From the outside, it certainly feels like both Nico and Kidd have a closer relationship to Luka than Cuban.   I expect both to be here for at least a few more seasons.    The question is, should they?
Like Reply
This has to be a deep fake right?

https://twitter.com/nickvanexit/status/1...50368?s=46&t=-lW3MUk_hy_SiUq46U-6RA
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Kidd bringing unity to the board..

Fire him please.
[-] The following 5 users Like LifeAquatic's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-13-2023, 10:26 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Kidd bringing unity to the board..

Fire him please.

I mean...I used to hate the "blame everything on the coach" mentality, I really did. But these days it's pretty tough to identify anything else that could be the main problem here. The roster has flaws, but not the type of flaws that lead to a complete collapse like this down the stretch. 

I really, really think losing Brunson was THE extinction level event for this current team, but it's becoming so obvious that Kidd doesn't know how to get things pointed in the right direction again. Idk if he's just not qualified or if his style is just prone to an early "tune out" from the players, but this is basically starting to seem like the scene in Atlanta. Something has to change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I’m starting to understand how Rick haters felt. I don’t think they were justified considering Rick is a championship coach and has more than one inbounds play, but I get it now.
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...31777?s=46&t=vJVRjsNMIspCGYJu_TpvwA

Alarming quote. Just alarming.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-14-2023, 12:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...31777?s=46&t=vJVRjsNMIspCGYJu_TpvwA

Very odd thing for a coach to say. It possibly sounds like they've thrown in the towel on the season, but it's possible Kidd just doesn't care one way or the other.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/pertinacal/status/16...02337?s=46&t=cAjiZ2gVPiu1EIPzyAz6Ag

Have no clue who this guy is so take it with a grain of salt but if this is true then it's more of the same for Kidd.

(03-14-2023, 12:29 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Very odd thing for a coach to say. It possibly sounds like they've thrown in the towel on the season, but it's possible Kidd just doesn't care one way or the other.

Exactly. Nothing good comes from saying something like that.

Either you have actually thrown in the towel or you're trying to subvert the media by playing some weird mind game and just look stupid.

This is the version of Kidd I was terrified of when they hired him in 2021. He actually did a good job last season, but I'm starting to believe it was more of Igor and Brunson really calling the shots.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-14-2023, 12:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...31777?s=46&t=vJVRjsNMIspCGYJu_TpvwA

So let me preface by saying, I can’t stand Kidd. To me, this quote has me thinking he thinks the playoffs are a lock for the team.
Like Reply
(03-14-2023, 02:51 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So let me preface by saying, I can’t stand Kidd. To me, this quote has me thinking he thinks the playoffs are a lock for the team.

This quote reads to me the dude basically doesn't care what happens as it's all small on the scale of life.

I really want to read it positively but this comment and the other one about just "watching" the team, Kidd has a serious case of foot-in-mouth syndrome.
Like Reply
(03-11-2023, 11:01 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I'm in the "Fire-Kidd-And-CWood-is-mishandled" program.
So I don't disagree with you often, but this is what I think..

NELSON is 1a
RC is 1b

Avery is a very distant 2.
Random AAU coach > Kidd

I thought Nelson was a little blase.

RC was a good coach--yeah, but It seemed to me he had his pets--and his whipping boy(s).  He played mind games.

Avery was a good gym coach.  He sucked at in game coaching.

Random AAU coach > Kidd?  I won't argue that at all.

I'm also in the "Fire-Kidd-And-CWood-is-mishandled" program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply