Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Criminality: All Things Jason Midd | More Guilty Pleas Than Inbounds Plays
Mugshot.jpg
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Mr. Kidd hasn't been in trouble with the law for a while (that we know of). It looks like he has moved on from crimes that send you to jail, to crimes against the Mavs and basketball itself.

Coaching criminality exhibit A:

https://twitter.com/HalfCourtHoops/statu...21t5zOSAw0&t=v_EUW
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 4 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, Dahlsim, Kammrath, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 03:55 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Mr. Kidd hasn't been in trouble with the law for a while (that we know of). It looks like he has moved on from crimes that send you to jail, to crimes against the Mavs and basketball itself.

Coaching criminality exhibit A:

https://twitter.com/HalfCourtHoops/statu...21t5zOSAw0&t=v_EUW

It seems lacking that Luka seems to require a change in call from the bench without any way to signal a change in play to his teammates.  Cry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dahlsim's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
I asked the same question when people wanted to get rid of RC. Lets say Kidd is gone. Who replaces him? Better have a good plan. If there is one thing that is worse than a bad coach it is constant turnover.
Like Reply
The first thing that needs to happen is Cuban firing himself, and then hiring a real GM.
(12-10-2022, 11:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I asked the same question when people wanted to get rid of RC. Lets say Kidd is gone. Who replaces him? Better have a good plan. If there is one thing that is worse than a bad coach it is constant turnover.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 11:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I asked the same question when people wanted to get rid of RC. Lets say Kidd is gone. Who replaces him? Better have a good plan. If there is one thing that is worse than a bad coach it is constant turnover.

Quin Snyder
[-] The following 2 users Like sterlingmallory's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Kenny Atkinson. The guy I wanted all along. Great at developing young players. Excellent bench coach. May have had a hand in Brooklyn play eval (a lot of gems unearthed on his watch).
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
At this point, I'll take anyone thought of as a basketball tactician, preferably someone capable of creating advantageous situations on offense and drawing up a good ATO on the fly.
Like Reply
(12-11-2022, 06:13 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Kenny Atkinson. The guy I wanted all along. Great at developing young players. Excellent bench coach. May have had a hand in Brooklyn play eval (a lot of gems unearthed on his watch).

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/statu...98241?s=46&t=KSWKQLzK4-3t6KeR3TR-6w
Like Reply
(12-11-2022, 09:53 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: At this point, I'll take anyone thought of as a basketball tactician, preferably someone capable of creating advantageous situations on offense and drawing up a good ATO on the fly.

Kind of assume Kidd is here to stay but in a perfect world I’d prefer promoting Sweeney but would like someone as you described in Sweeneys current spot.

I really do enjoy watching what our defense has become and I feel that’s all Sweeney. Last night (though there was a lot of other factors at play too) showed me how important roster continuity is to Sweeneys defense and I’m trying to figure out how to process that piece of information still. It makes it really hard to plug new pieces in and still be productive on both ends which I think we’ve seen a lot of this season.
Like Reply
Kidd said just get the ball to one of our great FT shooters and this was the reaction of the inbounder:

[Image: mcmahon-ear.gif]
Like Reply
Elite defender Tim Hardaway Jr.

https://twitter.com/calliecaplan/status/...05633?s=46&t=2FDnW42JHO_DUAvK4EL6jw
Like Reply
Hopefully this goofus had an epiphany in the 3rd tonight, realizing Tim and Reggie aren't NBA players.
Like Reply
Kidd's Partners in Crime

[Image: GettyImages-1367052874-scaled-e164375761...84x543.jpg]
[Image: f86d0e10-7576-4ec6-99f7-8944d14f3a26.jpg]
Like Reply
I like Kidd, Tim & Reg. Guess I don’t belong in this thread.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(01-09-2023, 10:43 AM)The Jom Wrote: I like Kidd, Tim & Reg. Guess I don’t belong in this thread.

A unicorn! What are you gonna tell me next? You like McShaqtin?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jadubin5/status/1615...32993?s=46&t=RHcrnzqWQVn1VGcnuK7CJw
Like Reply
The only way Cuban fires Kidd is if Luka requests it so I don't see that happening.  Who is available out there anyway?  Snyder?
Like Reply
(01-19-2023, 10:30 PM)cow Wrote: Who is available out there anyway?

I would make Will Hardy an offer he cannot refuse.
Like Reply
(01-19-2023, 10:33 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I would make Will Hardy an offer he cannot refuse.

Utah seems to have a knack for finding coaches.
Like Reply