Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim Hardaway Jr.
This is exactly what I was waiting for, because THJ with the trade value of his best two years in Dallas gives us way more flexibility at the TDL. We really needed this to be in the game to acquire something decent. Hope he keeps it up to jack up those shooting percentages before TDL.
Like Reply
Timmy has the ability to get the shot off quickly, and with a high release.  Much faster than Bullock, Maxi, Dorian, or Green.

Each of those guys needs more space, more time.

This is one of the reasons why Timmy is highly valued.

Often, Luka will drive into the paint, the defense collapses, and he passes to someone for a 3-pointer.... but there wasn't quite enough space and time for them to get the shot off.  So they reset, pass back to Luka, and it starts again, but this time with a lot less shot clock.

Timmy gets his shot off quicker.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 01:36 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Timmy has the ability to get the shot off quickly, and with a high release.  Much faster than Bullock, Maxi, Dorian, or Green.

Often, Luka will drive into the paint, the defense collapses, and he passes to someone for a 3-pointer.... but there wasn't quite enough space and time for them to get the shot off.  So they reset, pass back to Luka, and it starts again, but this time with a lot less shot clock.

For better or worse, he doesn't hesitate where Dorian and Maxi often do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 01:36 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Timmy has the ability to get the shot off quickly, and with a high release.  Much faster than Bullock, Maxi, Dorian, or Green.

So. . . . if Timmy continues to start and average 20, does he become an asset the Mavs want to keep?
[-] The following 2 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • DallasMaverick, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
The problem with Tim is he kills possessions by not making the BEST BASKETBALL PLAY.

Cool...he's a decent chucker.  I would rather have a player that doesnt kill possessions and makes the best basketball play.  I do understand that Mavs are in a bind with scoring outside of Luka...but that doesnt mean make bad plays.

Just my opinion, but he's too trigger happy for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 01:43 PM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: So. . . . if Timmy continues to start and average 20, does he become an asset the Mavs want to keep?
Please no.
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, dynamicalVoid
Like Reply

And sometimes the offense fails to deliver a good look at all, and somebody has to jack up a bad shot. Timmy is what, a 20% shooter maybe on such shots? Whereas Reggie and Maxi are pretty close to zeros?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1600365210023251968
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1600363308422504448
Like Reply
TIMMAY!!!!!!
Like Reply
I still want him traded though.

It's just now, I don't want the other team's bad contracts to swap with.
So no more talk of Hayward types in exchange for THJ.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
THJ as a starter is a different player.  He’s been a flamethrower.
Like Reply
#FreeTimmy
Like Reply
I'm willing to eat a little crow and give the man a genuine chance here - IF he maintains this level of the play throughout the rest of the season, which past evidence suggests will not be the case. I do eat crow on him being toast post-injury.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 10:58 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm willing to eat a little crow and give the man a genuine chance here - IF he maintains this level of the play throughout the rest of the season, which past evidence suggests will not be the case. I do eat crow on him being toast post-injury.

I don't think anyone could keep this level of play up for an entire season. My dude is on a true heater right now. But, look at the impact just one additional offensively competent player has had on the team's results. Just knowing what Hardaway is capable of should be reason enough for them to try playing to his strengths.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 10:58 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm willing to eat a little crow and give the man a genuine chance here - IF he maintains this level of the play throughout the rest of the season, which past evidence suggests will not be the case. I do eat crow on him being toast post-injury.

This is the Tim Hardaway experience.  He'll go through lulls for weeks at a time and then get hot for a stretch.
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 11:32 AM)cow Wrote: This is the Tim Hardaway experience.  He'll go through lulls for weeks at a time and then get hot for a stretch.

Yeah, there is a trailing 5 game moving average on EPM for players.  He spent most of the season around -2 (replacement level) but his current 5 game average is +11 which is better than MVP level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply
(12-07-2022, 11:54 AM)mvossman Wrote: Yeah, there is a trailing 5 game moving average on EPM for players.  He spent most of the season around -2 (replacement level) but his current 5 game average is +11 which is better than MVP level.

Daddy Hardaway is his Holger, tbh.
Like Reply
Id prefer to cash him in if the opportunity arises.  Streaky, bad handles, bad at finishing, doesnt create for others, iffy defense and usually does not make the best basketball play when ball is in his hands.

He has maybe the best looking shot in the league and can go en fuego some nights.  But...he gets tunnel vision on nights he is hot leading to him making bad basketball plays(chucking while killing possessions early in shot clock) and on nights he is not hot has the frequent behavior of not being able to tell his shot is off leading to bad shots.

He has played well lately shooting and passing wise...I will definitely give him props for that.   If he can play within flow of offense and not chuck so much on off nights I think I am ok with him for now but would move him if chance arose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I still want off THJ's wild ride.

If anything this just goes to show how good this team would be with a consistent 16-19ppg scorer from the perimeter. Totally transforms this team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply