Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
2023 DRAFT: Mavs take Lively, OMP, sign Mike Miles to 2-way, sign Jordan Walker
(06-22-2023, 10:44 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Lavine doesn´t want to be a Knick, if traded. Would you Kyrie for Lavine? Much better fit with the Luka´s timeline. Duffy client.

Lavine caught feelings when he though Derozan was getting too much offensive workload.  I can't imagine he'd want to be paired with Luka.
Like Reply
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Update here: Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul began calling teams in the second round and requested them not to take client Chris Livingston. It‘s believed Livingston has a set draft spot in the second round.

·
Jun 8
Sources: Kentucky’s Chris Livingston has cancelled all seven of his remaining workouts for the 2023 NBA Draft, fueling belief that he’s received a draft promise from a team.
Like Reply
Coach Spins was really high on Sidy Cissoko. Another Ignite guy. Dallas try to go back to that well again. Still 19.

There are several good players left. There have been a few guys picked who I didn't have interest in.

Lakers take Maxwell Lewis. Lakers have been great with late first and second round picks. Is Lewis the next?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:38 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I’ve got us at $169mm if we use the MLE and get Kyrie at $40mm.  If we have to give Kyrie his full max, we can chose between smaller MLE or a trade spread on someone.  S/W Reggie is a possibility (saves $8.7mm and puts the Full MLE back in play if Kyrie needs the full Max).  Unfortunately, decision day is before you know who you might get in free agency.

I think there is a pretty easy path to G-Will or someone of that nature in the mid teens as an add on to tonight’s deals.  Just need someone to want Reggie expiring.  It would be nice to add a starter at 3 or 4 that moves THJ or Reggie out and the other to the bench.

I’ll spend the next week fantasy trading, but I suspect we may be down to about one more whether it be MLE or trading out Reggie or THJ for someone.  If nothing happens,  I see the lineup as:

Holmes/Lively/McGee
Luka/Maxi/Morris
THJ/O-Max/Lawson
Green/Reggie/
Kyrie/Hardy
Reggie for Williams would be great. Bruce Brown is another name
Like Reply
2 36 Andre Jackson Jr. SG United States Orlando Magic UConn (Jr.)
2 37 Hunter Tyson SF United States Oklahoma City Thunder (from Washington via New Orleans)[O][G] Clemson (Sr.)
2 38 Jordan Walsh SF United States Sacramento Kings (from Indiana)[P] Arkansas (Fr.)
2 39 Mouhamed Gueye PF Senegal Charlotte Hornets (from Utah via New York)[Q][I] Washington State (So.)

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
2m
Sources: Lakers are selecting Max Lewis at No. 40.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Coach Spins was really high on Sidy Cissoko.  Another Ignite guy.  Dallas try to go back to that well again.  Still 19. 

There are several good players left.  There have been a few guys picked who I didn't have interest in.

Lakers take Maxwell Lewis.  Lakers have been great with late first and second round picks.  Is Lewis the next?

GO GET CISSOKO
Like Reply
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
1m
Sources: Hornets are picking Amari Bailey at No. 41.
Like Reply
Vukcevic gone
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:38 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I’ve got us at $169mm if we use the MLE and get Kyrie at $40mm.  If we have to give Kyrie his full max, we can chose between smaller MLE or a trade spread on someone.  S/W Reggie is a possibility (saves $8.7mm and puts the Full MLE back in play if Kyrie needs the full Max).  Unfortunately, decision day is before you know who you might get in free agency.

I think there is a pretty easy path to G-Will or someone of that nature in the mid teens as an add on to tonight’s deals.  Just need someone to want Reggie expiring.  It would be nice to add a starter at 3 or 4 that moves THJ or Reggie out and the other to the bench.

I’ll spend the next week fantasy trading, but I suspect we may be down to about one more whether it be MLE or trading out Reggie or THJ for someone.  If nothing happens,  I see the lineup as:

Holmes/Lively/McGee
Luka/Maxi/Morris
THJ/O-Max/Lawson
Green/Reggie/
Kyrie/Hardy

I just can't see Holmes being the starter. He exhibits many of the same issues as Powell, save for being a better rebounder. He hasn't been playing for a year and a bit so who knows if he's still good?

If the Mavs figure out a way to convince Luka at around 40mm and we use the MLE for a G-Will type, I think we almost have to consolidate 2 of THJ+Bullock+Maxi+McGee and use it to get a true vet center. 

Holmes is a Powell replacement. Lively is a McGee replacement. We still need that starter.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
2 42 Tristan Vukčević PF/C Greece Washington Wizards (from Chicago via Los Angeles Lakers and Washington)[T]

2 43 Rayan Rupert PG France Portland Trail Blazers (from Atlanta)[U]

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
9s
Sources: Spurs picking Sidy Cissoko at No. 44.
Like Reply
Vukcevic +Cissoko were pretty hyped up in the discord. I wonder how they'll fair in San Antonio and Washington.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I just can't see Holmes being the starter. He exhibits many of the same issues as Powell, save for being a better rebounder. He hasn't been playing for a year and a bit so who knows if he's still good?

If the Mavs figure out a way to convince Luka at around 40mm and we use the MLE for a G-Will type, I think we almost have to consolidate 2 of THJ+Bullock+Maxi+McGee and use it to get a true vet center. 

Holmes is a Powell replacement. Lively is a McGee replacement. We still need that starter.

I’m not so sure.  I think they’ll give Holmes/Lively a run.  They have Maxi for some C minutes if needed also.  I think I’d rather get someone who pushes Luka to the three and THJ to the bench or off the team.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
3m
Sources: Memphis is picking GG Jackson at No. 45.

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
1m
Sources: Hawks picking Seth Lundy at No. 46.
[-] The following 1 user Likes speedkilz88's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:04 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Vukcevic +Cissoko were pretty hyped up in the discord. I wonder how they'll fair in San Antonio and Washington.

If Pop wanted him, you know he's good.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:07 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I’m not so sure.  I think they’ll give Holmes/Lively a run.  They have Maxi for some C minutes if needed also.  I think I’d rather get someone who pushes Luka to the three and THJ to the bench or off the team.

Agreed. This is our center rotation next year and I'm good with that. I'm always down for an improvement, but I think this is the Mavs plan as of now to go with these guys.
Like Reply
I´m secretly hoping

PG13 to Portland
Kyrie to Clippers
Scoot to Dallas

happens. Cool 

Objectively we have not improved for next season yet and the smartest move might be to get Scoot, see what the kids can do next summer and screw the Knicks out of their pick one more time.  Tongue
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 10:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I just can't see Holmes being the starter. He exhibits many of the same issues as Powell, save for being a better rebounder. He hasn't been playing for a year and a bit so who knows if he's still good?

I think we use a bullpen approach. Powell, Lively and one of Holmes/Mcgee. 

Also Maxi small ball minutes 

O Max/Maxi at the 4

THJ/Bullock at the 3

Plus the best guard rotation in the league (still need a vet min bench guard)

I think the biggest need is a 3/4, so Grant Williams is logical. I like the direction
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:11 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: I think we use a bullpen approach. Powell, Lively and one of Holmes/Mcgee. 

Also Maxi small ball minutes 

O Max/Maxi at the 4

THJ/Bullock at the 3

Plus the best guard rotation in the league (still need a vet min bench guard)

I think the biggest need is a 3/4, so Grant Williams is logical. I like the direction

I'm not sure Powell is on this team next season, but we'll see. He won't be a priority for sure. It will depend on what is left for him.
Like Reply
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
2m
Sources: Pacers are picking Mojave King at No. 47.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 11:12 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm not sure Powell is on this team next season, but we'll see. He won't be a priority for sure. It will depend on what is left for him.
We have minimum contracts to hand out
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply