Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
2023 DRAFT: Mavs take Lively, OMP, sign Mike Miles to 2-way, sign Jordan Walker
(03-01-2023, 08:24 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsDraft/status/163...0963373061

Good news...Mavs employ at least 3 scouts Smile

I figure Cuban talked Finley, Dirk, and Haralabob into stopping in for a look.
Like Reply
Not sure Mavs would have been patient enough for Markkanen.
Like Reply
(03-30-2023, 03:53 PM)cow Wrote: Not sure Mavs would have been patient enough for Markkanen.

One of the many problems with this org
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(03-30-2023, 03:13 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Taylor Hendricks at 10 is my current optimistic outcome.

I like what I see.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(03-30-2023, 04:10 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I like what I see.

Feels like that big wing/small big we need right now.  Would still need a true center but we need both, badly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(03-30-2023, 04:03 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: One of the many problems with this org

True.  I think Josh Green is going to alter some thinking on the MBT's part.
Like Reply
If the Mavs get top10 pick, I think that one of Black, Walker, Whitmore falls to 9/10.

Outside of Wemby my favourite prospect is Anthony Black. A 6'7 guart, playmaker. Great athlete in my opinion, quick and fluid. A stud defender, a pest man to man defender, but he has also shown great instincts as a hlep defender. Also has active hands which is a great combination together with his size and fluidity. Once he fills out his frame it's easy to imagine him being one of the best defenders in the league.

On ofense, he is great at getting to the rim, explosive, also a good/great passer. Makes all kind of passes, out of the PnR, touch passes, Luka style crosscourt passes,... But he is struggling as a shooter. But I am a beliver in his shot, if he's a 37% three point shooter and 75+ % FT, he'll be a stud. I can see him being a Dinwiddie and Brunson hybrid on ofense. With the Brunson craftiness/playmaking and Din slashing/cutting ability.

STATS:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...hony-black

Fun fact - he is from Texas(born in Duncanville), but he spent his first 4 years in Germany(Now tell me a story that's more Mavs like Big Grin )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8y7gzwdHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_Nrorir6U

Some of his highlights
[-] The following 1 user Likes juanc's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 08:39 AM)juanc Wrote: If the Mavs get top10 pick, I think that one of Black, Walker, Whitmore falls to 9/10.

Outside of Wemby my favourite prospect is Anthony Black. A 6'7 guart, playmaker. Great athlete in my opinion, quick and fluid. A stud defender, a pest man to man defender, but he has also shown great instincts as a hlep defender. Also has active hands which is a great combination together with his size and fluidity. Once he fills out his frame it's easy to imagine him being one of the best defenders in the league.

On ofense, he is great at getting to the rim, explosive, also a good/great passer. Makes all kind of passes, out of the PnR, touch passes, Luka style crosscourt passes,... But he is struggling as a shooter. But I am a beliver in his shot, if he's a 37% three point shooter and 75+ % FT, he'll be a stud. I can see him being a Dinwiddie and Brunson hybrid on ofense. With the Brunson craftiness/playmaking and Din slashing/cutting ability.

STATS:

Fun fact - he is from Texas(born in Duncanville), but he spent his first 4 years in Germany(Now tell me a story that's more Mavs like Big Grin )

Some of his highlights

Thanks.  I can't get myself to get excited about the draft because I know we are going to wind up with the 11th pick.   Black is a name that a lot of people like though, so thanks for sharing.    

I really think Derrick Lively will be a consideration if we get the 10th pick.  It may be a tad early.   For a guy who I don't believe scored in his last two games, a top 10 pick seems questionable.  But I really liked his game when I saw him.   He has the potential to be an elite defender.    His best basketball is ahead of him.  His upside will likely depend if he can become a serviceable offensive player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mels_MLTKQs
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 08:39 AM)juanc Wrote: If the Mavs get top10 pick, I think that one of Black, Walker, Whitmore falls to 9/10.

STATS:

Some of his highlights

I know we need forwards and centers, but I totally agree here. Not sure he'll ba available past 8 as I have:

Wemby, Henderson, Miller, Ausar, Amen, Walker, Whitmore and Black as a clear top-8.

If we land 10 (go Bulls, go Jazz), I'd be excited to get Cason Wallace. Best perimeter defender in the draft/good smart helper and could contribute on and off the ball.

Luka/Wallace
Irving (max)/Hardy
Green/Z
X/Kleber
Y/Powell (vet-min)

Use Bullock/Bertans/Hardaway/McGee, MLE and the two picks we can trade to fill the rest. My idea:

DAL in: Harris, Nurkic.  
PHI in: Hardaway, Bertans, Bullock.
POR in: Korkmaz, House, McGee, '26 DAL 1st (lottery protected).

Use taxMLE on Thybulle.

Doncic/Walace
Irving/Hardy
Green/Thybulle
Harris/Kleber
Nurkic/Powell
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 10:04 AM)HAguiar95 Wrote: and the two picks we can trade to fill the rest.

If we get the 2023 draft pick, we can only trade one.
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 10:05 AM)omahen Wrote: If we get the 2023 draft pick, we can only trade one.
No matter what happens we will still have the 27 to trade. He has the 26 so that is not possible, but there are no other picks outgoing so that can easily be replaced with the 27.
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 10:22 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: No matter what happens we will still have the 27 to trade. He has the 26 so that is not possible, but there are no other picks outgoing so that can easily be replaced with the 27.

He said in his post that he is drafting the 2023 rookie and then trading two picks. This is what I was refering to. If you draft in 2023, you can only trade one pick.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • ItsGoTime, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
If we magically get #1 overall is there anyone here not taking Wemby?
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 02:04 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: If we magically get #1 overall is there anyone here not taking Wemby?

I've long said to never draft anyone over seven foot tall but I'd break that rule for Wemby.  He seems generational.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Appears to be deep draft so I could see the trade down angle. Depends on where you have players tiered. I think Draymond would do wonders for our defense and might be one of the few players who could hold Luka accountable on that end. That said, I wouldn’t be in any rush to trade a top 10 pick to give an undersized 33 year old that can’t shoot a 3yr-90 million deal or whatever Draymond wants.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 02:04 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: If we magically get #1 overall is there anyone here not taking Wemby?
I’m a trade down person. He looks so frail I don’t want to have the second Zion in the league on our team (or Oden or Thabeet). Get a serious right now contributor and overload our draft pick and/or player base and go to war with our generational talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
I'm back and forth tbh. Wemby is going to be great, but health is a concern for me. I know everyone is dying to have center though. I would certainly explore trading down. I'd love to get both of Orlando's picks (7 and 10 if the only change is us moving up). If they are really thirsting for Wemby, they don't need WCJ anymore and they can take Bertans off our hands.
Like Reply
Say we get #1 and Houston gets #2. My offer is Bertans + McGee + #1 for #2 and #20. I think there is a strong chance that Brandon Miller ends up being the best player in this draft anyways.
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 04:27 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Say we get #1 and Houston gets #2. My offer is Bertans + McGee + #1 for #2 and #20. I think there is a strong chance that Brandon Miller ends up being the best player in this draft anyways.

The GM that is willing to take the risk of not taking Wenbanyama isn´t working in the league right now.
Like Reply
(03-31-2023, 05:01 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The GM that is willing to take the risk of not taking Wenbanyama isn´t working in the league right now.

Mark needs a sicko like me running things.
Like Reply