Poll: Does Powell get the start tonight? If not, who starts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes he starts.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Maxi starts instead.
0%
0 0%
Someone else (say who!)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss
(05-04-2022, 11:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: DFS defense has disappeared on him this game.

An abomination of a game. Maybe the worst player on the court today.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:19 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: They just held home court..trying to remain positive  Sad

A lot of hope based on the first half tonight, slowly drained in the 3rd and just jumped off a cliff in the 4th.
Like Reply
I just hope Luka gets traded to a real team soon.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:20 PM)cow Wrote: No.  But you do you.

cow c'mon my man. 

I know DFS is your guy, but the dude laid an egg tonight. 3 fouls in the 1st quarter.  Got torched by Booker to start the 3rd. Got blocked by Biyombo. Literally has taken 2 shots the whole game cause the Suns are making him take 1 dribble. 

He played like shit tonight. 3 guys showed up again. DFS wasn't one of them tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:22 PM)Branduil Wrote: I just hope Luka gets traded to a real team soon.

Damn man, you ready to jump off a cliff?
Like Reply
Gotta make a lot of smart decisions this offseason. Be careful not to turn this team into the Utah Jazz 2.0 with a second round ceiling every year
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:12 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Need another great ISO scorer...that's all there is to it. We can talk about center all we want but none of it matters without a second legit scorer who commands respect from defenses. Brunson is not that guy and will never be that guy. It's not his fault, he's always been a player with a lot of limitations

Yeah. They made Luka work for it in the first half, wore him down and now they relentlessly attack him on defense, with his legs gone. It´s always the same stupid discussion. We have no legit Robin. We have Alfreds and Batgirls. Until we improve the high end quality of the roster, we are not going to challenge for the title.

Maybe 1.5 wins for the Mavs was a bit optimistic. Let´s start with trying to win one game.
Like Reply
What a strange series. Mavs aren’t even in game 1 but lose by 7. Mavs are competitive in game 2 even leading at the half but lose by 20+.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: cow c'mon my man. 

I know DFS is your guy, but the dude laid an egg tonight. 3 fouls in the 1st quarter.  Got torched by Booker to start the 3rd. Got blocked by Biyombo. Literally has taken 2 shots the whole game cause the Suns are making him take 1 dribble. 

He played like shit tonight. 3 guys showed up again. DFS wasn't one of them tonight.

Refs took him out of the game.  What do you expect?  I'm not defending him.  He might as well have not suited up.
Like Reply
Luka just got lit up tonight. That was the difference.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:23 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Damn man, you ready to jump off a cliff?

Yeah idk. Talk like that screams to me you're mentally weak and lay down at the first sign of adversity and WANT to be a loser.

Luka is on a real team already. A flawed one. But a real team. Actively wanting Luka to be traded is a beta mindset.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:21 PM)cow Wrote: A lot of hope based on the first half tonight, slowly drained in the 3rd and just jumped off a cliff in the 4th.

Im just going to pretend the 2nd half didnt happen - Luka and the team should too
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:23 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Luka just got lit up tonight. That was the difference.

There was a stretch of time where he played some of the worst defense I have seen, over and over.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:23 PM)Berknip Wrote: What a strange series. Mavs aren’t even in game 1 but lose by 7. Mavs are competitive in game 2 even leading at the half but lose by 20+.

Phoenix took their foot off the gas, when Mavs lost by 7. They were dominated most of the game.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:21 PM)Kammrath Wrote: An abomination of a game. Maybe the worst player on the court today.

That goes to Brunson for me. I would actually bench him for Dinwiddie game 3. 

Powell is a close 2nd. 

Luka/Dinwiddie/Bullock/DFS/Maxi should be the starting lineup game 3. Bertans comes in for DFS. Brunson comes in when Paul goes to the bench.
Like Reply
11 straight losses to this team.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:26 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Phoenix took their foot off the gas, when Mavs lost by 7. They were dominated most of the game.

Yep exactly what I meant when I said they weren’t even in the game.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah idk. Talk like that screams to me you're mentally weak and lay down at the first sign of adversity and WANT to be a loser.

Luka is on a real team already. A flawed one. But a real team. Actively wanting Luka to be traded is a beta mindset.

This franchise is nothing but Mark Cuban's worthless toy. Put Luka on a real team and he has a title already.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:25 PM)Kammrath Wrote: There was a stretch of time where he played some of the worst defense I have seen, over and over.

It was bad.  Incredibly bad.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 11:27 PM)Branduil Wrote: This franchise is nothing but Mark Cuban's worthless toy. Put Luka on a real team and he has a title already.

Ok!

https://tenor.com/view/clown-detector-bi...f-22298893
Like Reply