Poll: Do the Mavs out-rebound AND score more points in the paint tonight against PHX?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
58.33%
7 58.33%
They out-rebound them, but don't score more points
0%
0 0%
They score more points in the paint, but lose the rebound battle
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 1: DAL (0-1) vs. PHX (1-0)| 114-121 loss
(05-02-2022, 10:58 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I don't think he was trying to hurt him. Maxi tried to hold on to the rim and his hands slipped off. McGee did nudge him though.

Mixing up the plays. McGee went out of his way to knee Luka in the thigh/quad.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Another series where the other team's backup center would be a major starter on the Mavs  Big Grin
Like Reply
Wow finally a good defensive possession.

Pathetic by Brunson. Doesn't get back after forcing a bad shot.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Shamet does this:

[Image: riskybusiness-tomcruise.gif]

And it's not a travel.
Like Reply
Can't even run good offense against the Suns' bench. Just 1 on 5 ISO ball
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:00 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Another series where the other team's backup center would be a major starter on the Mavs  Big Grin

He's a free agent.  Smile
Like Reply
Defense is the story for this game. Or rather the absence of it. On the other side of the court I cannot describe how much I hated Brunson and Dinwiddie's effort this game. Holy shit the difference between the Utah series and this one.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Defense is the story for this game. Or rather the absence of it. On the other side of the court I cannot describe how much I hated Brunson and Dinwiddie's effort this game. Holy shit the difference between the Utah series and this one.

Ayton kind of neutralizes what we do well on defense.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:03 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Can't even run good offense against the Suns' bench. Just 1 on 5 ISO ball

Their backup Center just ran the fast break better than our #2 offensive option.  

I’m piling on JB but it’s not a lie.
Like Reply
Booker made 2 of his last 8 after hitting 5 of his first 9.

Jalen hits last 3 after just 2 of his first 9. 

Starting to figure things out.
Like Reply
Phoenix is just a meaner, more hard nosed team. Where’s the Mavs Javele?
Like Reply
The fact we can't convert ANY fast break this game shows this team thought they were closer to PHX than they were. No focus. Gotta be better.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The fact we can't convert ANY fast break this game shows this team thought they were closer to PHX than they were. No focus. Gotta be better.

Add in a pinch of overestimating the quality of Utah as an opponent.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Defense is the story for this game. Or rather the absence of it. On the other side of the court I cannot describe how much I hated Brunson and Dinwiddie's effort this game. Holy shit the difference between the Utah series and this one.

Yeah it´s almost like the Suns are the best team in the NBA and Utah is not.

Reality check. Talent wins. No proper asset management, self-sabotaging all these draft positions (#1 pick in January in the Tatum draft --> #9 in the end) and screwing up every draft for 20 years, except one (Doncic/Brunson), ain´t winning you a title.
Like Reply
Putting on a clinic in not rebounding
Like Reply
Interesting to watch them with DFS & Luka as the bigs.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:11 PM)DrMav Wrote: Putting on a clinic in not rebounding

I mean, we are playing Dorian at the 5.
Like Reply
Good block by Luka.
Like Reply
Fucking dumb, Reggie.
Like Reply
Reggie with a couple of dumb fouls back to back
Like Reply