Poll: Do the Mavs out-rebound AND score more points in the paint tonight against PHX?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
58.33%
7 58.33%
They out-rebound them, but don't score more points
0%
0 0%
They score more points in the paint, but lose the rebound battle
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 1: DAL (0-1) vs. PHX (1-0)| 114-121 loss
(05-02-2022, 10:31 PM)cow Wrote: [Image: DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif]

Yes…it’s a dumb take!  I’m grasping here!!!
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 10:32 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Yes…it’s a dumb take!  I’m grasping here!!!

I love you bro.  It's more of a commentary on our options.
Like Reply
Honestly how bad would Boban be...?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Your reminder that the Pelicans absolutely destroyed Phoenix on the boards. 
Was hoping it'd be more of toss-up
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 10:32 PM)cow Wrote: I love you bro.  It's more of a commentary on our options.

100%.  Mavs FO gonna need to pull a rabbit out of a hat this offseason with limited assets.
Like Reply
Damn JB never seems to be able to finish on fast breaks
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 10:34 PM)Jym Wrote: Your reminder that the Pelicans absolutely destroyed Phoenix on the boards. 
Was hoping it'd be more of toss-up

https://tenor.com/view/jonas-valanciunas...f-24805501
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 10:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly how bad would Boban be...?

Bad.  Even if he scores, he's a massive liability on defense.  Can't trade 2s.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 10:35 PM)cow Wrote: Bad.  Even if he scores, he's a massive liability on defense.  Can't trade 2s.

It's not like the Mavs are playing any better defense with Powell out there. Boban's size will force PHX to change things up a the least.
Like Reply
As expected…this team is fighting.  It’s an uphill battle but they don’t have any quit in them.
Like Reply
DFS picks up CP3 full court in the second half.   CP3 quickly gets screens  from  Crowder/Ayton every time.  Something the Mavs didn't do a lot against Utah when  Bojan hounded Luka/Brunson.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 10:21 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: I don’t think it’s necessarily knee jerk to acknowledge that the first half of basketball illustrated the different talent levels of these two rosters. 

2nd half adjustments, then game 2 adjustments, and so on…impossible to draw full conclusions from 24 minutes about how this series plays out. 

But more than fair to say PHX has a significantly better roster once you get past Luka.  Hopefully JB finds a rhythm and avoids fouls in the second half so we can see if our #2 can tilt that imbalance a little more in the Mavs favor

Declaring a series over after 1 game is knee jerking. Doing so in the 2nd quarter of game 1 is just plain funny. But yes, a rough first half. Against a good team. We’ll see.
Like Reply
Say what you will about DFS, but he has to be one of the best conditioned athletes in the league.  Follow-up dunk, then a hustle tap out after picking up CP3 full court.  Dude just never stops working.
Like Reply
2 passes thrown by Luka to guys who just don't have their head in the game. Bullock set in stone running to the corner instead of recognizing he's wide open down low. 

Maxi goes to set a screen at half court for Luka even though if he just broke to the rim it's an easy dunk.

These guys know how to play their role, just lack the ability to create on the fly. Only Brunson and Dinwiddie can do it other than Luka, and those guys seem like they don't want to be basketball players anymore. Absolute pathetic showing from those two and if I was Kidd I'd make them run suicides for 10 hours straight.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 10:38 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Declaring a series over after 1 game is knee jerking. Doing so in the 2nd quarter of game 1 is just plain funny. But yes, a rough first half. Against a good team. We’ll see.

I agree with you there. 

Luka having to try and do everything already leading to tired legs and a 10-25 shooting night.  If that doesn’t improve, meaning JB and Spence picking up some of the load, then it probably is all Suns W’s short of Luka supernova games.  

That will be adjustment #1 for Kidd.  How to get JB and Spence going.

On second though adjustment #1 is how to keep the Suns from shooting 60%
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
Ouch. A series of missed opportunities now it’s 15. We will come back again but it is getting late.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 10:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: 2 passes thrown by Luka to guys who just don't have their head in the game. Bullock set in stone running to the corner instead of recognizing he's wide open down low. 

Maxi goes to set a screen at half court for Luka even though if he just broke to the rim it's an easy dunk.

These guys know how to play their role, just lack the ability to create on the fly. Only Brunson and Dinwiddie can do it other than Luka, and those guys seem like they don't want to be basketball players anymore. Absolute pathetic showing from those two and if I was Kidd I'd make them run suicides for 10 hours straight.

With all due respect, JB's foul trouble never let him get in rhythm. But he's not going to have the same impact vs Phoenix anyway. Too much length and athleticism.
Like Reply
Josh Green with a rookie moment WTF is he doing??

Shoot the fucking ball you cumquat.
Like Reply
Cameron Payne dagger.
Like Reply
DINSWISHIE FINALLY MAKES AN APPEARANCE.
Like Reply