Poll: Do the Mavs out-rebound AND score more points in the paint tonight against PHX?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
58.33%
7 58.33%
They out-rebound them, but don't score more points
0%
0 0%
They score more points in the paint, but lose the rebound battle
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 1: DAL (0-1) vs. PHX (1-0)| 114-121 loss
(05-02-2022, 11:14 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: If we're drafting players on both teams in this draft for right now:

1. Luka
2. Booker
3. CP3
4. Bridges
5. Ayton
6. Cam Johnson
7. And then you would get to the second Maverick, whether it's Brunson, Dinwiddie or DFS

Give me...

1. Luka
2. Bridges

Bridges is everything people THINK DFS is.

But seriously, Bridges is arguably the most important player on the Suns.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ItsGoTime, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:27 PM)cow Wrote: What do you do with his minutes though?  Green was a disaster on offense.  Frank?  Burke?

I’d run Powell out there every minute the Suns play McGee.  If they want to post McGee fine. 

I’d play Maxi against Ayton and then try and close with the Mavs death lineup lite.  DFS and Maxi will have to play incredibly smart to avoid foul trouble but can’t play Powell against Ayton anymore.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Give me...

1. Luka
2. Bridges

Bridges is everything people THINK DFS is.

But seriously, Bridges is arguably the most important player on the Suns.

God King is way better.  Ayton is the most important Sun in this series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:29 PM)cow Wrote: Dinwiddie has 8 points.

He fucking sucked too.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:30 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: I’d run Powell out there every minute the Suns play McGee.  If they want to post McGee fine. 

I’d play Maxi against Ayton and then try and close with the Mavs death lineup lite.  DFS and Maxi will have to play incredibly smart to avoid foul trouble but can’t play Powell against Ayton anymore.

McGee can eat on the offensive end too.  Don't underestimate.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Bridges is everything people THINK DFS is.

DFS was one of our best 3 players tonight and it wasn't even close. Dude actually tried on defense.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Wonder if Ayton can stay on the court without a center or power forward to guard. Last 10 minutes were like that, and Suns pulled him.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:27 PM)cow Wrote: What do you do with his minutes though?  Green was a disaster on offense.  Frank?  Burke?

Have to go with any guard at this point. Powell and Bertans will get picked on with all of the Suns screening and off-ball movement. On offense, there are no good options but at least the Suns would have to pay more attention to any of them over Powell from behind the 3-pt line.
Like Reply
Mavs' terrible front court starting with Powell completely dooms them from winning this series.
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
The funny thing is -- Biyombo didn't play.
He would have been the better option than DP.
Like Reply
Crazy we ended with only 8 turnovers after that horrendous start where they throwing the ball around everywhere

Had to fight up hill after that and just couldn't get 2 stops in the row when it mattered
Like Reply
Let's see what wrinkles Kidd comes up with Wednesday. He needs to find something.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:31 PM)cow Wrote: McGee can eat on the offensive end too.  Don't underestimate.

McGee is a better player than DP.  But if the Suns want to play through him so be it.  It doesn’t solve the issue on the offensive end with DP but I don’t think you can just eliminate his minutes. 

The main thing is making Ayton guard Maxi or DFS every second he is on the floor.  That’s where I think the Mavs can find the advantage.  Look at Ayton’s missed shots in the second half when he had to chase on defense.  

I will be disappointed if DP starts game 2.
Like Reply
Biggest concern right now is Kleber. I don’t think he went back in the game after the fall. I know he stayed in a minute or so but if he can’t play. Oh boy.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:35 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Let's see what wrinkles Kidd comes up with Wednesday. He needs to find something.

I've got a hidden camera in the coaches meeting.

[Image: 44f98929-fff3-43f0-b495-794774a06fd9_text.gif]
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:36 PM)Smitty Wrote: Biggest concern right now is Kleber. I don’t think he went back in the game after the fall. I know he stayed in a minute or so but if he can’t play. Oh boy.

If he is concussed (very real possibility) then I think we can get the fishing gear ready.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:36 PM)Smitty Wrote: Biggest concern right now is Kleber. I don’t think he went back in the game after the fall. I know he stayed in a minute or so but if he can’t play. Oh boy.

He might be in concussion protocol.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:30 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: I’d run Powell out there every minute the Suns play McGee.  If they want to post McGee fine. 

Good thoughts.  Yeah, that may be an option.  Really no good answers but while Ayton may destroy on offense, make him guard on the perimeter.

Mavs need better support performances.   If I am PHX I am fine with LUka putting up huge numbers on a lot of shots.    Mavs need to find ways for Jalen and Din to get around 30 total in these game imo.

In the end, Mavs weren't going to win tonight if the Suns play/shoot like that.   Mavs need to be perfect and hope the Suns play their B game.

Nice fight though.   We will see if it mattered in game two.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply

I'd guess concussion protocol.  He was rubbing his head on his way back to the defensive end after he missed the free throw.
Like Reply
(05-02-2022, 11:39 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Good thoughts.  Yeah, that may be an option.  Really no good answers but while Ayton may destroy on offense, make him guard on the perimeter.

Mavs need better support performances.   If I am PHX I am fine with LUka putting up huge numbers on a lot of shots.    Mavs need to find ways for Jalen and Din to get around 30 total in these game imo.

In the end, Mavs weren't going to win tonight if the Suns play/shoot like that.   Mavs need to be perfect and hope the Suns play their B game.

Nice fight though.   We will see if it mattered in game two.

One more thing, even when they are beating your head in, the Suns play a visually pleasing style of play.  They dissect you like a surgeon out there.  Really now answers if they are making shots.
Like Reply