Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
64.71%
11 64.71%
Spurs
35.29%
6 35.29%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13: SAS (5-9) @ DAL (8-5) | 117-110 win
(11-18-2019, 10:51 PM)Dwhistle Wrote: I’m so happy we are better than the Spurs. Also, Pop is a bit overrated when he doesn’t have hall of fame talent on his roster.
Just stop it. 

Pop 100X the coach Rick will ever be. He’s doing alright with not so great talent. Imagine Pop was coaching Luka. It would be like Bellicheck with Rodgers/Brady/Mahomes
Like Reply
Wow!!
Luka is some kind of special and the team is if DFS can do this with him!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/...72096?s=21
Like Reply
That shot Luka hit was such a killer shot. 

Reminded me of Kobe. It certainly wasn't the BEST shot, but it made me feel the best.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I cam in here tonight just so I can say how much I hate THJ and I would rather have CP3 and his bad contract than THJ and Lee. At least CP3 is a competent NBA player, old or not.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 11:26 PM)Tetra Wrote: I cam in here tonight just so I can say how much I hate THJ and I would rather have CP3 and his bad contract than THJ and Lee. At least CP3 is a competent NBA player, old or not.

I think we all agree (well those of us that actually follow basketball instead of worrying about his attitude). The problem is CP3 has an extra year on his contract at a huge number. That’s a deal killer even if you don’t think the Mavs can do anything in the summer of 2021.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 11:26 PM)Tetra Wrote: I cam in here tonight just so I can say how much I hate THJ and I would rather have CP3 and his bad contract than THJ and Lee. At least CP3 is a competent NBA player, old or not.

And we wouldn't have to worry about Paul dampening Luka's end game magic. 
Paul always disappears and passes off decent looks near the end of games
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 11:32 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:

I think we all agree (well those of us that actually follow basketball instead of worrying about his attitude). The problem is CP3 has an extra year on his contract at a huge number. That’s a deal killer even if you don’t think the Mavs can do anything in the summer of 2021.

Ahh my mistake, didn't realize he had an extra player option year on his deal. Thought it was over after next year.
Like Reply

I'm curious how many 1st round picks would be attached to him 
Houston gave up 4 picks and all they got was Westbrick who is nearly on an untradable contract himself 
Hypothetically if we could get 2 first picks attached that would make me way more comfortable. That'd let us use Paul for a year or 2 then move him right along for other playable guys when he's no longer useful to us
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 11:39 PM)Jym Wrote:

I'm curious how many 1st round picks would be attached to him 
Houston gave up 4 picks and all they got was Westbrick who is nearly on an untradable contract himself 
Hypothetically if we could get 2 first picks attached that would make me way more comfortable. That'd let us use Paul for a year or 2 then move him right along for other playable guys when he's no longer useful to us

The might be content on unloading Houston's/Clips first rounders, but those will likely be in the mid to high 20's. As much as I would want Paul, can't say plan Giannis 2021 isn't in full swing already with the MBT.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/nickvanexit/status/1...52641?s=21

Lol Luka. Soon players will be chasing him for those stats.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 11:48 PM)Tetra Wrote: The might be content on unloading Houston's/Clips first rounders, but those will likely be in the mid to high 20's. As much as I would want Paul, can't say plan Giannis 2021 isn't in full swing already with the MBT.

Finding a way to trade for Giannis should be our top priority. Even if it means we lose KP in the deal.  
I have near zero urge to create capspace again and hope someone signs here.
Like Reply
I wonder how many team boards are out there where they are discussing trading for or someday signing Luka.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
If you are only looking at competing now, then sure... CP3 for THJ/Lee looks good.  But... If the Mavs go into the 21-22 season without having a roster built for a championship run, we are in trouble and locked into trades/draft as the only means to improve the team.  It will be the last time that Luka isn't on max cap space (and supermax at that since he is ROY and likely going to make all-NBA teams between now/then).  I just don't think that CP3 is worth jeopardizing that window of opportunity to compete for championships long term, do you?
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 12:24 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: If you are only looking at competing now, then sure... CP3 for THJ/Lee looks good.  But... If the Mavs go into the 21-22 season without having a roster built for a championship run, we are in trouble and locked into trades/draft as the only means to improve the team.  It will be the last time that Luka isn't on max cap space (and supermax at that since he is ROY and likely going to make all-NBA teams between now/then).  I just don't think that CP3 is worth jeopardizing that window of opportunity to compete for championships long term, do you?

Yeah that contract is terrifyingly ugly. 
44 mil in just a couple years when he is 37 going on 38. You don't want to be the team stuck paying him that when he sucks too bad to even get on the court. You have to be comfortable with various scenarios to get out of that deal or you just stay away.  
One of those things that I just don't think I would do if I was in charge, but I'll talk myself into it being a good idea if Donnie pulls the trigger.
Like Reply
I wanted to confess that I've been a Dodo hater, and i was wrong - he can be really effective...at least sometimes.
Like Reply
Sadly I missed the game sleeping. What I can observe from the boxscore: Carlisle tightened the rotation even more. Definitely coaches to win right now. Seems something switched after their 2nd loss to the Knicks.

In a night where the Mavs finally hit 40% from three, the game still got close somehow.
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 01:05 AM)reckoner07 Wrote: I wanted to confess that I've been a Dodo hater, and i was wrong - he can be really effective...at least sometimes.

Yeah I didn't have too many nice things to say about him this summer either, but his composure and clutch play is winning me over.
Like Reply
Some questions:
  • Did Luka again play off the ball?
  • What did lead to the Spurs getting close again?
  • Did the game feel close at any point?
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 02:04 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Some questions:
  • Did Luka again play off the ball?
  • What did lead to the Spurs getting close again?
  • Did the game feel close at any point?

-On and off

-Rick sitting Luka for the first six minutes of the fourth quarter again and poor play from the bench in that time. We were fortunate the Spurs missed so many wide open shots early in the quarter or they might have pulled ahead to stay. Put Luka back in just in time as it was clear the Spurs were starting to get into a rhythm

-Yes. Would have been a heart attack finish if Luka didn't hit that dagger 3 in the final minute to put us up by 5
Like Reply