Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
64.71%
11 64.71%
Spurs
35.29%
6 35.29%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 13: SAS (5-9) @ DAL (8-5) | 117-110 win
Heart 
[Image: EJlqelZUwAAsGWX?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EJlnrw5UcAAZ4ws?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EJloa22VUAAvddt?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
I always thought the man bun was the stupidest looking hairstyle a man could have, but a couple of those guys on the Spurs look like they're trying to give the man bun a run for the money.
Like Reply
Gotta beat them while they are down. We can't let them get this win at home. I know i said this the past two games, but this is a must-win. At least it feels like it, lol. Also, that standing positioning is important too.
Like Reply
The Spurs will never be down against us. They never are. We are their little brother. We need to punch them in the mouth several times and keep them floored. This is definitely a team we need to pass if we want to be a playoff team. We might as well take the lead in the season series. 

Wins over the Spurs and Lakers make me happier than any other win.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Taking odds on whether Pop gets tossed again!  If he does, it probably means it's not going well for the Spuds.
Like Reply
San Antonio isn't all that this year. I actually think they have a good shot at missing the playoffs this year. They are not the same Spurs of old. 

They are 5-8, 3-5 in conference play, 0-1 against division (let's make it 0-2), 4-4 at home and are 1-4 on the road. They are 2-8 in their last 10 and have lost 5 in a row. They currently have 112.1 PPG vs 113.9 OPPG and in their last 5; they have lost against Memphis, Minny, and Orlando. 

This is a must-win. Mavs can't be losing to struggling teams this year if we have playoff aspirations. 

I am actually intrigued on how the team will come out tonight. I am hoping for a good showing. Go Mavs.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 08:53 AM)iolide Wrote: This is a must-win. Mavs can't be losing to struggling teams this year if we have playoff aspirations. 

You can say totally the same for SA :-) Important game for both sides. I hope Mavs will show character as they did against Toronto. But I am affraid of this one. Based on the trend this season, Bellineli will have a personal best game with 30 points on 80 % shooting, 3 steals and 4 blocks
Like Reply
Don't let Pop dictate the game.  Mavs just need to stay aggressive on offense, drive the lane, cut and slash to the goal, get to the FT line.  Don't settle for early shot clock threes.  Make our free throws.  If they just do these things, they can get the win.
Like Reply
Spurs are currently on their worst losing streak since 2011, when they lost 6 in a row. They should be hyper motivated tonight to break it.

Plus it's against us, a long time rival. Mavs have to kick em while their down.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 01:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Spurs are currently on their worst losing streak since 2011, when they lost 6 in a row. They should be hyper motivated tonight to break it.

Plus it's against us, a long time rival. Mavs have to kick em while their down.

All that makes this a scary game. Add to that the fact that it can be hard for an immature team to put together back to back good team efforts, and I think this one is on tough game alert.
Like Reply
If you guys wanna see a truly toxic game thread look no further than this one during tonight's endeavor.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthr...p?t=281951

Will be a slaughterhouse if the Mavs finally get hot from three for once.
Like Reply
Keys:
  • Let's beat them hard: Spurs games are always extra special and it's actually even a fairly important game for the Mavs. Win this and you not only get some separation to the 9th seed, but also have a really good shot at going on a little win streak before things get really tough in the schedule. Spurs are reeling lately against a relatively light schedule due to their paltry defense. So let's push them towards the lottery even more!
  • Spurs weird offense: San Antonio presents a different challenge defensively. They by far take the most long twos in the 10-3pt range and the fewest shots behind the arc and at the rim. Besides this very analytics unfriendly approach, they feature a potent offense. So the Mavs might want to guard the midrange shot tonight although that's generally something are willing to give the opponent.
  • Battle of the boards: The shot selection of the Spurs might not be the best, but they are a great rebounding team both offensively and defensively. Our front court really has to be up for the challenge.
  • Known Mavs killer LA: Dallas native LaMarcus Aldridge just loves to play in the AAC. He is a known Mavs killer and had some pretty big games already this season. As he ages he's more up and down though and I hope that KP is willing to guard him. He might have the best shot because Maxi, albeit fierce, might be a little too small for him and not strong enough in the post.
  • Let's keep the starting unit: I would be surprised to see any changes to the starting lineup. If they don't want KP to guard LA maybe BOBAN could make an appearance, but I'd like them to stick to what's working.
  • Has Seth finally arrived? Seth had that great game against Toronto and I severely hope he'll be able to finally establish himself as an important piece in the rotation.
  • Delon as 6th man: Wright is not a flashy player at all, but dang he has been one of the most consistent guys so far. Even if he's not the first off the bench I hope he'll get the most minutes outside the starting unit for now.
  • KP is due for a big shooting night: KP gets open looks, but is not able to convert them so far. I think he'll eventually have a monster night based on the shots he's taking. That's also true for our three point shooting in general. We are only a mediocre shooting team, but the last two games were especially tough.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 02:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote: All that makes this a scary game. Add to that the fact that it can be hard for an immature team to put together back to back good team efforts, and I think this one is on tough game alert.

On the other hand it would really be about time Mavs would hit a couple of threes.
Like Reply
Mavericks being at home need to win this game, I would have less confidence if the Spurs were at home. They are a desperate team. Mavs will get full effort from the Spurs but then the Mavs offense finally clicked the other night, so maybe this is the beginning of their groove.
Like Reply
(11-17-2019, 11:32 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: The Spurs will never be down against us. They never are. We are their little brother. We need to punch them in the mouth several times and keep them floored. This is definitely a team we need to pass if we want to be a playoff team. We might as well take the lead in the season series. 

Wins over the Spurs and Lakers make me happier than any other win.

I agree, but I would add Rockets to that.
Like Reply
https://out.reddit.com/t3_dxvgmk?url=htt...om%2Fdaujy&token=AQAA_CbTXf0DHmgeEqnNhxcx6vG4FuHmcO1IorK8jbHRiLTPSgMs&app_name=mweb2x

Go Maverick go
Like Reply
Starters are
Luka
Curry
DFS
KP
Powell
Like Reply
Powell?
https://media.giphy.com/media/ilkfz8Mn5Yz7O/giphy.gif
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 08:13 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Starters are
Luka
Curry
DFS
KP
Powell

Oh, crap.  Incoming Aldredge career night.
Like Reply
Scared of Trey Lyles abusing Maxi!?!?!?!?

Not sure what Jackson and Hardaway have done to Carlisle to be the only rotation players not to get a starting spot yet.
Like Reply