Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 52: OKC (16-34) @ DAL (29-23): 120-114 loss
better players are needed, but the offense needs to change.   Also, Luka needs to be able to play a different style when we get more players.  The offense can always be him to create to get an open three for others.   It is really tough to watch late.

They are attacking Luka in overtime.
Like Reply
Jeez. Luka is Oncic tonight.  Horrible D.
Like Reply
Ah Luka there it is.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 10:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Anyone else notice Powell getting benched tonight?

In foul trouble and not playing well. Like most of the team. Maxi was the best big today and Kidd likes to go small. No suprise that they are closing with single big Maxi.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
This teams always takes the personality of its owner.  Always the victim.  Grow up.   Be the enforcer.   Tired of all the complaining.   Get tough!

I am letting my emotion get the best of me, but blow it up.   Losing against Orlando and OKC back to back, where both teams looked better is just really bad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
We got pony whipped on the boards.  Good thing we are paying KP $30m a year.  Nice game by Bullock though.  If I hear "this team is close" as far as construction is concerned, I'm going to flip my lid.
Like Reply
Bad L. 4th seed was within reach. Mavs dropped two must win games.
Like Reply
Who knew THJ was so important to team D?
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 11:03 PM)cow Wrote: We got pony whipped on the boards.  Good thing we are paying KP $30m a year.  Nice game by Bullock though.  If I hear "this team is close" as far as construction is concerned, I'm going to flip my lid.

Yep! KP's fault we lost tonight I agree. Smile
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
None of these losses are surprising...we already complain that the team isn't good enough even WITH THJ and KP so without them, we have no chance against the rest of the league, even the bottom feeders like Orlando and OKC.
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 11:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yep! KP's fault we lost tonight I agree. Smile

It's more about the despair that even had he of played, it wouldn't matter.
Like Reply
Defense lost us this game, and Luka is the number 1 culprit.
Like Reply
How r people still like really into this team? Same shit 3 years running. Luka and a bunch of jerk offs who miss open shots. Oh yeah, and KP is hurt.

But Dorian Finney-Smith and Jalen Brunson are essentially untouchable because what if those trades result in worse results for the short term??!! Mark could never.
[-] The following 4 users Like VintagePejav2's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, khaled1987, omahen, SleepingHero
Like Reply
That what rock bottom looks like.  Back to back loses against two of if not the two worst teams in the league. They got beat by bad defense, bad rebounding, and a massive free throw disparity.  The young Thunder, and I’ve really never even heard of 70% of their players, just whipped the Mavs physically. The Mavs took a pummeling tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 11:06 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Defense lost us this game, and Luka is the number 1 culprit.

Disagree. Jalen Brunson ineffectiveness against length lost us the game. Actually two in a row now. He’s not a $20 million a year player folks.
Like Reply
I think defense was not that consistent but in stretches it was good enough. They just did not expect OKC to hit that many threes.

I think defense qas not the biggest issue this game, they were able to hold OKC to 103 in regulation.

I think the bigger issue was offense. Too many missed threes. The offense looked janky and unsure at times. I think the Mavs felt the absence of KP and THJ in this game.

Also, OKC came prepared. They have Dort defending Luka very well and their defense was well planned against what the Mavs are doing offensively. They defended Luka's post up very well which is what the Mavs are doing more lately.
Like Reply
Anyone know if the Thunder have a site like this one?
Like Reply
Rebounding lost us the game.  That and our cry baby "super star".
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 11:37 PM)cow Wrote: "super star".
Are we really going to say Luka isn't a superstar because he whines a lot? Dude has made 2 all nba first teams in 3 years before the age of 23.
Like Reply
(02-02-2022, 11:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Are we really going to say Luka isn't a superstar because he whines a lot? Dude has made 2 all nba first teams in 3 years before the age of 23.

We never held off on the anointing oil, much to Parcell's chagrin.  He's an entitled brat on the floor and really needs to get taken down a peg or three.  He can be a superstar when he gets us out of the first round or has as much playoff success as the guy we drafted and traded for him.  Or better yet, maybe he could start by leading our team to victory against the second worst team in the conference who is missing their best player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply