Poll: Do the Mavs win the rebound war?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
14.29%
1 14.29%
No
85.71%
6 85.71%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 70: DAL (43-27) vs. PHI (43-26) | 101-111 loss
(03-18-2022, 08:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I HATE the foul calls that Harden gets.....HATE.

H
A
T
E

I tend to listen to the other teams broadcast. Always good to know how they view the Mavs/ Mavs players. But today I turned it off. Constantly complaining about Luka drawing fouls without ever mentioning Harden or Embiid. Really hope the 76ers don´t make a deep playoff run.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Bad day at the office for the two guys that have been so huge the last 10 games. 

This 76ers team is unbearable to watch.  Harden and Embiid flailing around hunting fouls is just gross basketball.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
On to Charlotte. This one's a wrap.
Like Reply
Hard to win games when Luka goes 5-20. 

Harden and Embiid took over the game through foul calls (most of which I felt were egregious non-basketball moves with the sole goal of drawing a whistle). 

Game like this really highlights the Mavs need for an inside presence. Powell dropped/missed at least 8-10 worth of points at the basket. DFS stepped out of bounds too many times. Maxi was petrified to shoot at times. 

But really at the end of the day Luka needs to do better. All in all an ok loss. Just hope they come out better.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Hard to win games where Luka plays like this, especially against good teams. This is why it's so hard to have just one superstar.
Like Reply
We scored 101 points. That’s enough to win a game if you can slow the big down from scoring 32, at least with that specific team. I get he’s a 30 ppg scorer, but that comes with lower scoring games too.

Also, Luka had just as many FTs as Embiid did and 1 less than Harden. I’d guess the Mavs blinders don’t allow for us to say he was hunting fouls all game.
Like Reply
I will be rooting against the Sixers in the playoffs.  Harden put it on the Mavs in the second half.   I am still not sure he is the same player as his MVP years in Houston.  We will see.  He really needs a championship run to put him in the next class of players.

With that being said, the longer he and Joel play together, that two man game is going to prove lethal.  Defenses really have no answers.  Especially if you surround them with shooters.  The question is can Harden deliver in a big playoff series.
Like Reply
(03-19-2022, 05:36 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, Luka had just as many FTs as Embiid did and 1 less than Harden. I’d guess the Mavs blinders don’t allow for us to say he was hunting fouls all game.

It's the types of fouls that Harden and Embiid gets. Luka for the most part gets hacked more often than not. He routinely gets no calls. 

James-Mr.Free Throw- Harden has mastered the ability to embellish contact when there really isn't. And the refs reward him every time. I remember when the refs actually called games like playoff games to start the season, and Harden was all but neutralized.

Also! A BIG congrats to @"DallasMaverick" for being the lone person to win this games poll! Mavs won the rebound war 40-38! 

You get 1000 fake internet points.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Harden and Embiid both are big body guys that respond to contact like they weigh 150 pounds.  They both are so talented but they have to incorporate that con job in their game.  Glad Harden is out of Houston so I don't have to see his act so much.
Like Reply
(03-19-2022, 11:45 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Harden and Embiid both are big body guys that respond to contact like they weigh 150 pounds.  They both are so talented but they have to incorporate that con job in their game.  Glad Harden is out of Houston so I don't have to see his act so much.
I don't disagree at all, I've hated Harden's style of play since showing it in full force at Houston. Sometimes, though, that's how you have to react when that little guy IS fouling you all game and the refs aren't seeing it cause the bigger body can just power through it. Until the refs completely erase it from the game, Luka would do well to figure it out a bit more, even though I would hate to see that.
Like Reply