Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.5 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
6 75.00%
Bulls
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: CHI (26-11) @ DAL (22-18) | 113-99 win
Excellent little run by JG...though the attempted oop to THJ might have been too aggressive.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 08:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I don't disagree with those complexities, but at the end of the day I don't want a 31% three point shooter taking 8 threes a game...or in this case 3 threes in the first 4 minutes. Again I LIKE the catch and shoot three in the corner. But otherwise, force the defense so that you get a different shot than a contested Luka step back three. I am personally just done with that shot, except on rare occasions.

That´s not always a possibility. When the defense goes under the screen or takes away the drive not shooting would hurt even more. Important part is that Luka gets his percentages back to last seasons level. Otherwise he will face Westbrook/Wall-type defense.
Important part for the coaches is to improve the spacing. I really don´t like the passing angles when Luka drives. He can throw the occasional no look pass over his head but that shouldn´t be the default.
Like Reply
JG is looking better and better around the rim! HUGE development!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 08:23 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s not always a possibility. When the defense goes under the screen or takes away the drive not shooting would hurt even more. Important part is that Luka gets his percentages back to last seasons level. Otherwise he will face Westbrook/Wall-type defense.
Important part for the coaches is to improve the spacing. I really don´t like the passing angles when Luka drives. He can throw the occasional no look pass over his head but that shouldn´t be the default.

It's not possible to move the ball around to other guys like what happens when Luka isn't in? I just don't believe that.
Like Reply
Gotta give Luka credit for passing to Maxi and not taking the 2-for-1 three on his own! Great decision!
Like Reply
Lucky 7's for number 77 at half.....

7 pts, 7 ast, 7 rbd, +7, 27% shooting
Like Reply
Three thoughts....

1) JG is growing up in visible ways every game.

2) Maxi was HUGE in the first half.

3) Great resilience from the team to take that big punch from CHI.
  • Tyler
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 08:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It's not possible to move the ball around to other guys like what happens when Luka isn't in? I just don't believe that.

Depends on the players that are on the floor. Depends on the shot clock situation. Depends on the spacing. Requires good positioning from his teammates.
Of course the Mavs could stop running pick and roll with Luka but I don´t think that would improve the offense. As long as they are doing it the step back three remains the primary bail out option for badly executed possessions or late clock shot situations. Also against collapsing defenses. I don´t think there is a way to avoid a high 3-point volume when the opposing team is trying to shut down the paint.
Like Reply
Brunson passing up open shots. Teams stopped playing him for the shot. And that´s the case with many Mavs players. Opponents expect the fake.
Like Reply
Just give Maxi the Dirkie NOW (assuming a win)!
Like Reply
Okay...maybe give the Dirkie to JG! Two man race!
Like Reply
Josh Green what...
Like Reply
Luka frustrated. Gets back on defense. Gets the steal. Fastbreak. Lobs it to Green. Good things happen when Luka gets back on D.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Might need to do a redraft and see if JG goes higher than #18! Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 09:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka frustrated. Gets back on defense. Gets the steal. Fastbreak. Lobs it to Green. Good things happen when Luka gets back on D.

YES, YES, YES. The team is SO much better when he gives his full effort, especially in transition.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Green's confidence is through the roof right now. Last game was the first time in his career he had a double digit game and now he's following it up with this
Like Reply
Another real solid effort by DP.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
God King Dagger
Like Reply
Let’s Go Mavs! Gotta finish strong!
Like Reply
Just.. wau
Like Reply