Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.5 pt RAPTOR favs & 2.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
75.00%
6 75.00%
Bulls
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 40: CHI (26-11) @ DAL (22-18) | 113-99 win
Heart 
[Image: GettyImages-1237592669-1024x683.jpg]

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1479904341893038083
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-08-2022, 03:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: GettyImages-1237592669-1024x683.jpg]

Chriss sez, "Where's my contract??"
Like Reply
Two hot teams playing.    Hopefully Luka plays.   And hopefully Mavs get some revenge from the semi beatdown they got in Chicago.
Like Reply
This one will likely be rough. Chicago is good. 

Josh Green made his first steps towards getting a statue with anal beads on it by getting his first double digit scoring game last time. Would like to see him be able to stay on the court for this one. DeRozan and LaVine are a handful
Like Reply
(01-08-2022, 08:12 PM)MrGoat Wrote: This one will likely be rough. Chicago is good. 

Josh Green made his first steps towards getting a statue with anal beads on it by getting his first double digit scoring game last time. Would like to see him be able to stay on the court for this one. DeRozan and LaVine are a handful

It's not just them, Vucevic, Ball, Caruso, White, etc. They're deep.
Like Reply
First game with 41 waving from the rafters, those kind of immaculate vibes deserve to open with a W. Must win game.
[-] The following 5 users Like DrMav's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
Would be nice to have added some of that depth this offseason.  Derozan, Lonzo, Caruso. They all could have been had. But we opted for Bullock and the Brown Bros.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
[Image: FIsW-e0XMAIAdrP?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 01:06 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Would be nice to have added some of that depth this offseason.  Derozan, Lonzo, Caruso. They all could have been had. But we opted for Bullock and the Brown Bros.

Hopefully Bullock can stay hot. He's been pretty decent the past couple weeks

Just tough to do any major upgrades with only a MLE. Maybe we could have gotten a Holmes or someone like that instead but a Bulls-type offseason wasn't an option
If we wanted a real upgrade we needed to do it this past trade deadline using the expirers plus Brunson and Green. Passing that spot kind of locked us in unless we planned on trading KP
Like Reply
Really like how this team is consistently starting fast in this recent run.
Like Reply
3 three point shots from Luka in 4 mins and now complaining to the refs.....oh boy.
Like Reply
Thank God for JB to bring some stability to things.
Like Reply
More often than not there seems to be a direct correlation with Luka getting upset with the refs and the Mavs giving up a run to their opponent.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 07:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 3 three point shots from Luka in 4 mins and now complaining to the refs.....oh boy.

Shouldn´t he take the open corner 3? Should he let the clock expire instead of taking the shot?
Like Reply
If we are talking about shot selection THJ and Bullock have been worse than Luka so far.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 06:20 PM)Jym Wrote: Hopefully Bullock can stay hot. He's been pretty decent the past couple weeks

Just tough to do any major upgrades with only a MLE. Maybe we could have gotten a Holmes or someone like that instead but a Bulls-type offseason wasn't an option
If we wanted a real upgrade we needed to do it this past trade deadline using the expirers plus Brunson and Green. Passing that spot kind of locked us in unless we planned on trading KP

It was Mavs choice to only have MLE.  They could of had 34 mil in cap space.  Instead they went for THJ, WCS, a useless TPE and the MLE.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 07:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Shouldn´t he take the open corner 3? Should he let the clock expire instead of taking the shot?

He should take the corner three. That catch and shoot shot was the only one I liked. The trend though that I notice is that when he takes lots of threes early it usually is a bad sign for his offense for the game.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 08:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If we are talking about shot selection THJ and Bullock have been worse than Luka so far.

THJ cannot be traded soon enough IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 08:05 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He should take the corner three. That catch and shoot shot was the only one I liked. The trend though that I notice is that when he takes lots of threes early it usually is a bad sign for his offense for the game.

I don´t think it it is that easy. For the most part Luka takes what the defense gives him. After the two lob plays to Powell the Bulls adjusted and started to collapse on every single Luka pick and roll. Mavs are struggling because they cannot punish them for collapsing. Can blame Luka because he missed some floaters. Also have to talk about bad spacing and role players missing open looks.
Like Reply
(01-09-2022, 08:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I don´t think it it is that easy. For the most part Luka takes what the defense gives him. After the two lob plays to Powell the Bulls adjusted and started to collapse on every single Luka pick and roll. Mavs are struggling because they cannot punish them for collapsing. Can blame Luka because he missed some floaters. Also have to talk about bad spacing and role players missing open looks.

I don't disagree with those complexities, but at the end of the day I don't want a 31% three point shooter taking 8 threes a game...or in this case 3 threes in the first 4 minutes. Again I LIKE the catch and shoot three in the corner. But otherwise, force the defense so that you get a different shot than a contested Luka step back three. I am personally just done with that shot, except on rare occasions.
Like Reply