Poll: Who will win the game? (Celts 4.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
51.85%
14 51.85%
Celtics
48.15%
13 48.15%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ BOS (8-1) | 106-116 loss
When Portizingis gets it worked out, and he will, we'll be lots better.

Tonight was a tough night.  You won't have many nights with Seth Curry shooting 0-4 from 3 with the looks he got tonight, as well as Porizingis having such a terrible night as well.

Also, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, please stop playing Tim Freakin' Hardaway Jr.  Good Lord... he is the momentum killer with the Hero shots at the ABSOLUTE WORST times ever.

Man, just don't play this cat if the game is close.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 10:01 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If the Mavs can't figure out this Porzingis shit, this is going to be a very long and very disappointing season.

Worst game I've ever seen from KP. He was just bad. He makes me miss Dirk so bad. Why can't he take advantage of small guys?

But I've told myself to not expect anything from him until at least after All-Star game. He still has time.
Like Reply
Not sure why guys are picking on RC. KP had the worst game of his carreer. THJ and Curry bricked almost everything. Celtics were without Hayward and Kanter (few minutes). STOP PUTTING KP ON THE POST. Of course Boban needed to get minutes, especially if the opponent doesn't have a good frontcourt. And please I know Powell had a decent game, but he can't shoot 3-pointers, not a good FT shooter, not a good defender or rebounder. He's only there to give Luka 3 automatic assists that most centers could do as well. Trade for a starter is a must if we want to make playoffs.
Like Reply
Tatum was 1/18.  That's gotta be close to some kind of record?
Like Reply
hate to beat a dead horse but if rick is a great coach and he cant see how KP wants to get fed offense (3s, pick and rolls, play delon curry and jj more then yea, he's getting by with luka the way dirk used to cover his butt. Just my vent. We have sizable lineups we can play yet wind up chucking 3s (see THJ, Brunson, sometmes Kleber) if luka cant pull a rabbit out of a hat every time down. 

Some players need to stop  shooting 3s after 3 or more misses while Curry, Luka, JJ and KP should get the benefit of the doubt. Also maybe a play call or two to get better shots smh. Ok done ranting forreal
Like Reply
If this team doesn't learn how to make free throws in the 4th, they'll struggle to make the playoffs. I honestly think we need to make a move or two to make the playoffs for sure. We're definitely better than last year and fun to watch, but we're not a lock for the playoffs imo.
Like Reply
I just love this board. After a win we have the best depth in the league. After a loss half of the roster needs to be traded. RC only gets mentioned after a loss anyway.
But the dynamics are changing. We still have the RC out crowd preparing pitch forks and torches but we also have the newly arrived Luka bandwaggon crowd that not only hates the coach but also the management, teammates and probably even equipment manager + janitor.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 09:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Where is Boban?? Celtics are so small. Bobi will destroy

Its what I suspected unfortunately.  Carlisle is not going to use Bobi because he would be worried about Brad Stevens and the Celtics getting the mismatch against Boban, going small ball 5-out etc.  
You might think when Celtics had a center on the floor he might but nope, its not in Carlisle's DNA to play the mismatch vs. mismatch.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 10:08 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Tatum was 1/18.  That's gotta be close to some kind of record?
It's definitely John Starks esq
Like Reply
I mean almost every publication and betting system had this team between 39-43 wins.  I think 538 was the high water mark at 45 wins.  KP is sucking and we're still over .500.  Yall need to learn how to enjoy the ride.
Like Reply
With every game against serious opponent that decides to play defense it is becoming more obvious, that we desperately need another starter guard or wing. None of the guys we have will be able to take that role. We have no back up options if one of our stars doesn't have his night.

Other than that, Boston is a very good team that plays tough defense. On to the next one, we have to win on Thursday.
Like Reply
Boban couldn't play?  I would think this would have been okay for some stretches.  Trying to understand RC's thinking.  He could have been better than some of our offensive choices.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 10:11 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Boban couldn't play?  I would think this would have been okay for some stretches.  Trying to understand RC's thinking.  He could have been better than some of our offensive choices.

Boban is Rick new puppy in the dog house. Did it other years with Mejri when Mejri clearly could have helped. Rick is a problem folks and I’ve been saying it for years. He will be fired before Luka takes us to the NBA championship one day
Like Reply
Carlisle's biggest mistake was going for an all out offensive line-up with 4 mins to go when we were down 7 points. He took out DFS and Delon for THJ and Seth!!!! Couldn't believe it, does Carlisle not realize you need to get STOPS also? That line-up didn't stand a chance. 

Another problem I had was in the 3Q when KP had already shown he was hot garbage tonight, the Mavs offense continued to go through him despite that. I like KP and think he'll be solid for us but I don't see him as a true go-to option, someone you just dump it to to get buckets. 

He's a catch 'n shoot guy and needs to take his shots in rhythm. Then give him the occasional rim running sets. 

Seth and THJ were also huge liabilities tonight, especially the former. When he doesn't make his 3's, he's pretty useless out there. We gave Barnes a lot of crap for being a 1-trick pony, same should apply to Seth.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 10:08 PM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 09:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Where is Boban?? Celtics are so small. Bobi will destroy

Its what I suspected unfortunately.  Carlisle is not going to use Bobi because he would be worried about Brad Stevens and the Celtics getting the mismatch against Boban, going small ball 5-out etc.  
You might think when Celtics had a center on the floor he might but nope, its not in Carlisle's DNA to play the mismatch vs. mismatch.

I agree with the Bobi take. They should give it a try. He is literally the only guy (besides Luka) on this team that knows how to post up.
Like Reply
I desperately wanted the Mavs to sign Marcus Smart in 2018. Exactly what we are missing right now. Toughness combined with smart veteran plays. Every single time Boston needs a momentum changing play he gets the stop, draws the offensive foul or nails a 3.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 10:08 PM)Dahlsim Wrote:

That's my problem with RC. Why can't Mavs dictate a game for once? Why are the Mavs always the one to make the adjustment? They sign Boban for a reason. Fucking use his height advantage.

It's frustrating.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 10:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I desperately wanted the Mavs to sign Marcus Smart in 2018. Exactly what we are missing right now. Toughness combined with smart veteran plays. Every single time Boston needs a momentum changing play he gets the stop, draws the offensive foul or nails a 3.
Yeah we badly need someone like him on this team.
Like Reply
(11-11-2019, 10:15 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I desperately wanted the Mavs to sign Marcus Smart in 2018. Exactly what we are missing right now. Toughness combined with smart veteran plays. Every single time Boston needs a momentum changing play he gets the stop, draws the offensive foul or nails a 3.

I wanted the other Marcus.

Marcus Morris would've been a nice addition. Imagine him and Smart in Mavs unis..
Like Reply
Is there anyway we could aquire Draymond Green since the Warriors are tanking now? I know he's part of their future, but I wonder if all the injuries have changed their view on that at all.
Like Reply