Poll: Who will win the game? (Celts 4.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
51.85%
14 51.85%
Celtics
48.15%
13 48.15%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ BOS (8-1) | 106-116 loss
Not a chance in hell would I want or would the Mavs trade KP for Green.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 07:56 AM)omahen Wrote: Everyone is looking at Luka and waiting for him to create. I believe this is not always resulting in positive team result, as guys don't get involved.

Yep, this is why Luka's +/- wasn't good last year (the numbers don't lie). That doesn't mean he should stop doing what he is doing, but with some tweaking (which we have seen in a number of games this season) he can be a monster and huge positive. But sometimes he is just putting up monster numbers and it isn't helping the team win. I am confident he (and the team) will get it figured out.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 09:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: honestly looking at the guys Luka plays with

Wright and Brunson you forgot to mention basically just disapear when playing with Luka. Without him, they are able to create
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 10:36 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep, this is why Luka's +/- wasn't good last year (the numbers don't lie). That doesn't mean he should stop doing what he is doing, but with some tweaking (which we have seen in a number of games this season) he can be a monster and huge positive. But sometimes he is just putting up monster numbers and it isn't helping the team win. I am confident he (and the team) will get it figured out.

So here is a big factor on the offensive side:

https://twitter.com/Sportinfosi/status/1...8729776129

Also, we need to mention that Luka's plus/minus is mostly a defensive issue. So far he is -9.9 defensively in on/off +/-..... So it isn't the offensive side of the ball that is the concern (and imagine if guys starts making more of his potential assists), it is about the team defense when he is on the court.  
Like Reply
Per Kamm's post above, as the season goes on, it's becoming more clear to me why the MBT prioritized Kemba and Danny Greene.

The mavs lack another tier 1 playmaker and play finisher - that's Kemba (that's not KP)
Staring level 2-guard shooting - that's Green for you

Granted, I still like the guys we ended up with.  But, I can see why they prioritized the 2 aforementioned guys.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 12:22 PM)dcon Wrote: Staring level 2-guard shooting - that's Green for you

Granted, I still like the guys we ended up with.  But, I can see why they prioritized the 2 aforementioned guys.

If Luka+Curry can get into a groove it would be really good for the whole team. Curry is *only* shooting 37% on threes. That is 7% below his career average. But even then, a Curry look is good (only Maxi and JJ and KP are shooting better, and not by much). The problem is THJ (0.328), DFS (0.286), and Brunson (0.269). And it feels like teams are purposely letting those guys shoot as much as they want....understandably.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 12:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 12:22 PM)dcon Wrote: Staring level 2-guard shooting - that's Green for you

If Luka+Curry can get into a groove it would be really good for the whole team. Curry is *only* shooting 37% on threes. That is 7% below his career average. But even then, a Curry look is good (only Maxi and JJ and KP are shooting better, and not by much). The problem is THJ (0.328), DFS (0.286), and Brunson (0.269). And it feels like teams are purposely letting those guys shoot as much as they want....understandably.

They only shoot bad because they are trigger happy outside the flow of the game but not good enough to do it.

All of them are good at spot up shooting, they are even good at passing if they do it. They just lack awareness or have too big of an ego.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 12:22 PM)dcon Wrote: The mavs lack another tier 1 playmaker and play finisher - that's Kemba (that's not KP)
Staring level 2-guard shooting - that's Green for you

I still say they really dropped the ball when they didn't make an offer sheet to the more attainable Brogdon
Like Reply