Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(11-11-2021, 03:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Dirkfan, I found the post here that I was referring to. I think the "bubble" of people (not just family) surrounding a person who has any adverse reaction to any shot has a viable reason to not want to get any shot (not just the one the person had an adverse reaction to). Should that be forced on them? I wonder what the mental health bill would be to those that are forced to take something they actually believe will harm them?

First of all. It´s obviously not only the person. A close relative could be at risk for a similar adverse reaction. That should be an automatic medical exemption.

For the most part medical exemptions ignore mental health aspects. In my opinion a big problem. Based on the standards that were used in the past they aren´t an option for this scenario.
That´s where it gets shaky. Where to stop. Where to draw the line? Friends, neighbours, co-workers?
That´s why I think that exemptions and the clear definition of them is so important.

Personally I am once again torn. On the one hand I absolutely understand why traumatic experiences like this would lead to the rejection of any kind of treatment. But on the other hand I am concerned about potential ways to abuse an exemption like this. If a situation really calls for a vaccine mandate that´s not acceptable.

And to bring this back into the real world. There are states that only allow medical exemptions for existing mandates in schools or for specific vaccines in certain field of work. No religious, philosophical or personal belief exemptions. That´s not quite the same but it might give us an idea. It looks like the majority of states that have mandated COVID vaccines for certain groups are following a similar approach.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/sch...-laws.aspx

Not to mention that as pointed out in previous posts we have to differentiate between soft and hard mandates. If the mandate offers another option like testing that´s probably a good alternative.

Mind you that this is not exactly my field of expertise. Reading stuff and listening to smarter people can only get one so far. Would love to hear more from a legal expert.
(That is the moment were another poster reveals himself as an attorney and offers a detailed explanation. Or not because the majority of posters simply moved on from this thread and started to ignore my lengthy rambles)
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-11-2021, 05:18 PM