Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(11-09-2021, 09:17 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: @"Hypermav". Good summary. Complex issue with multiple questions.

Are vaccine mandates like this within OSHA authority?
Is the mandate itself adressing all important points (necessity, alternatives, exemptions)?
And rarely mentioned. Potential issue for private business. What about a potential competitive advantage for smaller business that do not fall under the mandate?

I was trying to stay away from much discussion on this subject but I am very interested in the outcome of this case.  This has been an informative thread for sure. 

I did think the "underinclusive" point was interesting.  

"The brief argues that the new ETS is "underinclusive" because weekly testing can miss COVID-19 carriers, because employees who are vaccinated can still carry the virus but don't have to be tested or wear masks, and because the rule does not apply to customers or other visitors who may transmit COVID-19 in the workplace. "

Could you imagine a workplace where the vaccinated have to test the same as the unvaccinated?  How would we even have enough tests for the unvaccinated?  I don't think there are currently enough.  

If I tell my employer I cannot test this week because there are no tests available, what is the resolution?  What is to keep me from taking a picture of my same false test every week? Not that I would...

Before the mandate, my employer was adding a surcharge for unvaccinated employees.  It is not that much, but does penalize much like tobacco use.  

The antiviral pills would be more palatable for me long term as an alternative.  Assuming they don't have any weird side effects like making me like the Lakers. Smile
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by Hypermav - 11-09-2021, 03:00 PM