Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-07-2021, 07:29 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Wrt natural immunity, my Covid worsened into Covid pneumonia and I had a 4 day hospitalization. Luckily day 2 my body started fighting back though it took a good two months to feel somewhat normal again. My lungs clearly showed damage. I am skinny, exercise, was in very good shape with no other comorbidities and it still got me.  Docs I know talk in recent months about many who are coming in who are younger than 30. 

As soon as the 3 months from my discharge was up, I signed up for the vaccine and now am fully vaccinated. I would have loved it if my stint with the actual virus built up some natural immunity but everything I have read says that those antibodies are not staying long. Even if natural immunity was strong after catching it, why would anyone want to go through what I and others who have had a serious case have gone through?  You think lung damage and and other longer documented effects is better than any undocumented long term fears that you might have about the vaccine?  

None of us know for sure. I agree. So we research and hopefully do what we feel is best for our own situation.  But this is a global pandemic and if studies are documenting that hospitalization and serious outcomes are less for folks who are vaccinated, do strongly consider getting one.

Sorry you endured it and glad you survived @"hakeemfaan" thru that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dahlsim's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by Dahlsim - 10-08-2021, 09:30 AM