Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-05-2021, 12:21 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Poor statement that lacks context.

All time peak case rate was in Feb 2021, following holiday gatherings and just after emergency use approval of Pfizer vaccine in late December, 2020. January and February were focused on vaccinating those most vulnerable, elderly and immune-suppressed. Case rate fell sharply though spring and summer to the point that COVID support facilities were shut down.

However, the improved infectivity Delta variant in the US went from almost nothing in early summer to 99+% by mid-September. Vaccinated were still infected, but the ICUs are by far mostly filled with unvaccinated patients. 

So, yes more cases in 2021 than 2020, but early peak was a holdover from pre-vaccine 2020 activities. Later peak has been due to increased infectivity with vaccinated still less affected than non-vaccinated in both disease acquisition and severity.

Personally, if a person wants to fly without a net, go for it. We'll see if Darwin really knows what he's talking about. I know that's a little judgmental there.

My biggest gripe is how these "personal choices" have clogged the emergency and intensive care medical systems. I know the philosophy is first come, first served, but no capacity to handle non-covid injury and disease is a problem. 

Also, a lot of statements over the last few pages fail to acknowledge that this has been a dynamic situation in both response to the virus and effects from the virus. Learnings 18 months ago may or may not be still valid just because we've learned more since and we can't cherry pick old vs new and claim that nothing is valid.

OK. I'm going back in my cave now.

Yes, take it seriously. Get a vaccine if you need it. If you don't, you can roll the dice but the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor. 

I find it interesting that in some states (ahead of the epidemiological curve) are receiving an hospitalization case count for the vaccinated--like maine. https://bangordailynews.com/2021/09/30/n...tion-rate/
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by luka_skywalker_77 - 10-05-2021, 12:36 PM