Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-05-2021, 09:18 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: I love it when people call things conspiracies, while refuting nothing at the same time. Please, if you can, dispute anything I've said. I think I've been about as candid as I could. I've not posted a falsehood and perhaps that's what gives you a reason to dismiss. 

Good point. My bad on jumping in with the "conspiricy theory" comment. Thanks for your posts recently sharing about where you're at personally! 

Regarding giving you feedback about your long list of items. I hope this isn't a cop out, but I just don't have time, or really the experitse. Doing research about each of those topics in order to have something worthwhile to say would take an enormous amount of time that I just can't give. 

Much of what I read in your list are assertions that just flat out contradict the little bit of CDC material and few studies I've read. Is seems like more knowledgeable folks have had something to say about a few of your items. 

Here's what it comes down to for me. I understand that governments are often not honest. Unfortunately, the U.S., like most others, seems to be willing to attempt to get their outcomes by any means necessary. This has lead to atrocities perpetrated by the U.S. that politically loyal folks spend their time trying to defend. **Danger Will Robinson, don't fall into rabbit hole**

BUT, I do actually appreciate the scientific method and am willing to put stock in actual studies performed, written and reviewed by educated experts in the field. And so I'm willing to go with the information about Covid that's put out by actual experts. The inherent dishonosty and willingness to use "any means necessary" of government has not corrupted all of the medical doctors and scientists that are doing good work. 

So when I see you list claims that go against what I'm reading from doctors and scientists that are in the mainstream then I forgo jumping down the research rabbit whole. Unfortunately, i don't have the time, or really even background, to become an expert myself. 

AND...I'm not willing to do a bunch of reading and present myself as an expert. I have expertise in a small scope of things, and medical science is not remotely in that scope. 

Side bar: if this really has become the summer, sprawling, all encomasssing debate (and humor) thread, then...

I visit this really cool site called Peaceful Science. Their message board is on a platform called Discourse (discourse.peacefulscience.org). It's this great place where actual scientists talk science, and layfolk, like me, can participate. And there is a lot of discussion that touches science/religion debate, which I'm interested in. And because of the evolution/creation debates extant in our culture, folks show up at times, without scientific expertise, to try and coach up the scientists. And it becames really obvious that these "internet experts" are wading in to waters that are too deep for their knowledge base and skill sets. 

So there's a long, meandering post where I claim not to have time for long meandering research!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by fifteenth - 10-05-2021, 09:58 AM