Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-04-2021, 11:23 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: Nope, he's 100% correct on this. If my body my choice means anything, this is what it means. 

The difference is pretty clear. You, Mr. Skywalker, getting pregnant, doesn't immediately put those in your poximity in danger of contracting a potentially deadly virus. Whether that difference means that a vaccine mandate is reasonable is still a discussion. But the discussion can't end with, "they're the same", because they're not. 

(10-04-2021, 11:23 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: I'm not sure you have any idea how many "peer reviewed" studies are often bunk.

The peer review process isn't perfect, but it does provide an avenue for experts to review and critique the work of others that should be experts as well. The hope is that this pushes the science forward as things get incorporated, revised or thrown out. Not all journals are of equal value, and if a journal publishes questionable stuff too often, or published poor work for profit motive, or if folks create their own journals to try to push sub standard work, then the folks that know what they're doing eventually learn that about the outlets that are substandard. 

Folks leaning on non-expert, non peer reviewed stuff regarding the pandemic has lead to the circulatoin of some pretty crazy, easily debunked beliefs about the virus.

(10-04-2021, 11:23 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: He's done everything but.

I don't really get this comment. Even if you disagree with his content, he's been a gentlement. Same for @"Dahlsim" actually. 

Not sure if I've read all your stuff, so maybe you've done the same. Your stuff seems to be "assertion" heavy. But if you don't value the peer review process, then maybe that's what you're left with.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by fifteenth - 10-04-2021, 12:11 PM