Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-02-2021, 08:14 AM)Kammrath Wrote: FIFY

There is no mention of race in any of those statements. it was a foundational document that the country didn't live up to at times, and is still living up to to this day. As a person of color, i find that comment insulting to the legacies of millions of blacks that came after, understanding these foundations, and working together with people of all creeds to live up to those standards. So who are you or we to be ignore to those sacrifices because there were bad actors? Who are you to be the judge in that instance? Thou at a judge? That reeks of presentism.

(10-02-2021, 09:04 AM)soog Wrote: I’m still upset about the whole seat belt mandate - who is the government to tell me I have to wear some fabric strip around my chest while I’m driving?!?!  How is something so dainty going to stop a manly man like me? And it’s my choice to protect my own life!  It doesn’t affect anyone but me.  If you don’t like it just let me get in a car wreck and die.  Then you won’t have to deal with me anymore.

And this whole car passport?!?!  Who is the government to tell me I can’t drive to a restaurant or drive to go shopping without first registering with them?!?! This is how it starts.  Why can’t I just hop in my car and go eat without the government getting my involved?  Is this not a free country?  

So you all deal with your new age issues.  I’m old school and still fighting the original tyranny.

Well, that's not really an analogous comparison and you know it. If the seat belt required you to have a substance of an experimental nature injected into your body that would theoretically save you or someone else from dying, you would have a completely different conversation. You cant compare a car's safety measure to a therapeutic similar to that of a flu shot and have it be taken seriously.

(10-02-2021, 10:38 AM)WildArkieBoy Wrote: Let this comment touch as many raw nerves as possible:

For our evangelical friends, the war against COVID-19 has been won.  Brother Kenneth Copeland, shouting from his God Ranch on Eagle Mountain Lake, made possible by your generous love offerings, told COVID to go straight to holy Hell.  

For my Arkansas friends:  The shortage of Clorox is due to Brother Trump's recommendation of injecting bleach to fight the nasty virus.  Buy Purex until the pandemic subsides.

As far as absolute freedom existing in other countries:  Please be aware that weed possession is an automatic life sentence in the Philippines.  Consider yourself fortunate that President Duterte doesn't execute the entire family of such a "drug pusher."

Absolute freedom?  bullshit.  Just look at what the so-called law of gravity has done to my sagging body.

All you have to do is actually excise yourself from your bubble to realize that those that balk at the vaccinations are a fairly diverse group. Blacks, whites, Hispanics, evangelicals liberals etc. I talk to them every day as a matter of fact and they have good reasons. ven my nurses offer their concerns and tens of thousands have lost their jobs as a result. Care to know how many nurses are pocs? So this isnt an evangelical thing. it isnt a white thing.

(10-01-2021, 11:10 AM)michaeltex Wrote: True, infected people spread the virus similarly regardless of vaccination status. The missing piece is that vaccinated people are MUCH less likely to get infected in the first place, much less at a virus load high enough to cause transmission. 

Somehow a death toll of almost 700,000 Americans isn't enough of a big issue because it has been spread over about 20 months so it has become a sad event, but somehow short of a consolidating crisis.

Point #1: that is not true by any objectionable measure. In fact it's flat out false. I'll provide context if you need it, but there is literally no difference between the vaxxed and unvaxxed in terms of transmission and infection. And it's even debatable that its needed. 99% of those infected have mild cases and most don't even realize it in the first place, so the vaccine is essentially for that 1%. 

Point #2: Over 95% of all deaths from covid are over the age of 50. So unless you're old, with an comorbidity, overweight, etc. (all of which we have metrics for), you have not much to be too concerned about--especially if you've had a bout with covid and research shows (as it always has) that natural immunity is far superior to vaccine induced immunity, especially in this case. 

(10-02-2021, 12:18 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Agreed, there will be no government enforced mandate and there shouldn't be. Whatever pressure will just come from society taking action where government can't. If you can't show proof of vaccination or a recent negative covid test then you just won't be allowed to go anywhere. Seems fair to me. If you refuse to do your part to protect others in society you live in then don't expect to receive the benefits of living in that society. And anyone who refuses to get vaccinated and ends up contracting covid, go ahead and do us all a favor and wait it out at home. Chances are you'll be fine, but if not, well you had your chance. Don't take up a hospital bed and ventilator from someone else who needs it.

Which is correct. Gov't shouldn't be taking a seat at that table. Business has every right to do what they think will work based on all available evidence. To your other point, me making a conscious decision thats in the best interest of my own health isn't your concern. Me getting a vaccine doesn't protect you; it protects me. You can still catch covid from me just as well as you could catch it on your own despite being vaccinated. By now everyone has had the opportunity to get the shot and if they haven't, they've made a conscious decision not to for whatever reason. So you coercing/forcing someone to get a shot to protect someone isnt virtuous--its self righteous. And btw, hospitals are designed to run on against the margins. Remember we had this issue last year WITHOUT VACCINES? So when the ICU fill up, they want to blame it on the unvaxxed? Try blaming it on those firing employees for not getting the shots.

What was all this for if the result ended up being the same? Be better yet, let me know how it works next year after your third and fourth boosters. Then we'll see better what the long term effects of injected compound are because science says that it's not all good for your immune system... (but then again drug companies and politicians are truth tellers right? Big pharma has never been sued...)
[-] The following 4 users Like luka_skywalker_77's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Bayliss, Dahlsim, embellisher
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by luka_skywalker_77 - 10-02-2021, 12:05 PM