Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-02-2021, 09:42 AM)haveitall Wrote: First I want to say that I make a living as a statistician.  The problem with the study   

As I said, I am not arguing the merits or interpretations of the study.  There something said about Lies, Damn Lies and StatisticsCry  The single study isn't even relevant to my point because there are others that don't conform to the officially sanctioned narrative.

My point is to defend the right of citizens to hear the interpretations from people like you and also from others that might be similarly credentialed but have a different interpretation of the data.  Do you agree with that? 

(10-02-2021, 09:42 AM)haveitall Wrote: As far as freedom goes, does it apply in times of war when a draft is instituted? 

A draft is a different can of worms but for argument sakes let's just think about the basic idea.  If hypothetically there is a threat that an organized entity of some kind is actively working and planning to attack the country, maybe even go into your neighborhood and mine as American citizens then how do we as a country deal with that threat?

The merits can be debated on each individual war or action of the military but in general the defense of the country is something agreed to as critical by just about every country in existence.  At a certain point if its kill or be killed its not about some politician its about whether the average citizen working 9-5 even has enough information to know about the threat before it lands at their doorstep.

Whether a draft is needed to maintain or mount a defense is a different question.  At some point a country can decide it isn't necessary. That was 1973 for the United States.
If there was a clear imminent threat to us as citizens that could change again, quickly. 

A refusal to be drafted won't stop a possible enemy from coming to your doorstep and butchering families just as is currently happening in other countries.

(10-02-2021, 09:42 AM)haveitall Wrote: The other question is who should pay the price for freedom.  If people choose not to get vaccinated and this causes emergency rooms to be overrun in Alabama, then should  people with heart attacks die waiting because an unvaccinated person has taken their bed? 

What about other diseases or behaviors that cause other people to run of resources that could save them?  Should we go back to prohibition because of all the harm we know alcoholism causes.  How about obesity?  Should we ration people's food forcibly until they meet the weight requirements because obesity is the known cause of many health issues affecting the system.  Eating too much sugar? 

There is also an basic assumption you make that the underlying causes of the covid problem is because of unvaccinated people.  Do we really know this to be accurate? There are numerous challenges to that assumption coming from many Medical experts and scientists.  

Many doctors and scientists have been under attack so the data to the public is artificially one-sided.  That's the problem that goes with suppression of free speech and expression.  Incomplete or false data inputs invalidate your assumptions.

Your statistics are no better than your underlying assumptions and the assumptions can only be based on the data inputs you are allowed to consider.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dahlsim's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by Dahlsim - 10-02-2021, 10:32 AM