Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(09-30-2021, 03:18 PM)omahen Wrote: Same as in US people hate restrictions and a lot of are quick to "waive the democracy and human rights flag", which is understood by them as "I am allowed to basically do what I want and no one is allowed to p
revent me from doing it". Basically same thing you explain above.

Sigh.   Sad   that reflects a complete void of understanding about what our ideas of freedom and liberty are based on.rooted in. 
the basic idea of liberty and freedom here:  

You cannot really understand the foundations of American liberty, government and the constitution without understanding its connection to Theology i.e. to our understanding of the Creator and beliefs about what His revealed will is.  

Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence listed some “truths” which should be understood “self-evident.” 
1) all men are created equal,
(2) men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights,
(3) among the rights that men have are the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,
(4) governments are created to secure these unalienable rights,
(5) governments get their powers from the consent of the governed,
(6) when a form of government starts destroying people's rights, the people have the right to alter or abolish it and create a new government.

American liberties were / are rooted on 1st a common understanding and firm faith about our origins being from our Creator, God. 
A loss of understanding about God, theological losses ultimately leads to people no longer understanding what our freedoms should be under a Government that is by the people and for the people.  

Under Atheistic/Agnostic secularized value systems we inevitably revert back to giving our rights and even the control of our own bodies, to human authorities. 

President Eisenhower encouraged Congress to add one nation under God to the United States Pledge of Allegiance  in direct response to the growing threat at the time from Communism, an ideology with Godless values pushing the belief that religion is simply "the opium of the people", Karl Marx
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." 

This is vast topic but for anyone interested in the relationship between our Constitutional government and our Judeo-Christian foundational beliefs: 
THE BIBLICAL FOUNDATION OF OUR CONSTITUTION

[-] The following 3 users Like Dahlsim's post:
  • BasketballJones41, embellisher, luka_skywalker_77
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka, THJ, DFS, KP & DP to start | Vax rate ~90% - by Dahlsim - 10-02-2021, 06:58 AM