Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-01-2021, 10:08 AM)MFFL Wrote: I'm not really interested in finding out what they think - just like I'm not interested in finding out what a racist is thinking. Anti-vaxxers are hurting the country

priv·i·lege
/ˈpriv(ə)lij/
noun
a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.

right
/rīt/
noun: right; plural noun: rights; noun: the right; noun: Right; noun: the Right

a moral or legal entitlement to have or obtain something or to act in a certain way.

Not being interested is your perogative, for sure. I don't have a choice about being interested. I have friends and family on all sides of the discussion. but also, if you want to have any kind of impact in other's lives, you have to care about what they think. 

Conversations get moved forward when at least some are interested in understanding each other, rather than being content with the polarization. Also, I know that there are plenty of people not trying to understand where your side is coming from. 

Regarding privilege, who exactly is privileged in this discussion? Usually the the discussion of privilege has to do with the U.S. construction of race, before and during the country's conception, in order to create a caste system so that some could prosper on the backs of others. I don't understand how vaccination is part of that conversation. I'm willing to be wrong, though, if you can coach me up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • khaled1987
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by fifteenth - 10-01-2021, 10:30 AM