Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(09-30-2021, 04:13 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: That freedom, that difference, needs to be respected and given that youre vaccinated, youve done your part to keep yourself "safe", but your idea of safe doesn't place a demand on someone else to follow your example, especially when there is little to no difference between both ideas.

The difference is your freedom requires me to inject an experimental solution into my body, in order to enjoy the freedom i already had/given to me via citizenship/birthright/human. That's the problem. It's not like a seat belt.

I think the concern that many have over people not getting vaccinated is due to the increased amount of hospitalizations which puts a huge strain on the healthcare system (along with the increased chance of the virus mutating into more dangerous strains).  As you said, the vaccine isn't 100% effective, but it does reduce the likelihood of getting/spreading it.  So it's not a matter of "I make my choice, you make yours, and there aren't any consequences to either of us based on those choices" since whether or not someone is vaccinated has an overall impact on the group at large.

Funnily enough, I think the seat belt example is a case where the personal freedom crowd would have a very good point (and maybe that's what you were saying too).  Choosing to wear a seatbelt or not wear a seatbelt impacts you, but does not impact me.  So I could see a valid "personal freedom" argument for that scenario, but I don't follow it for vaccines.

Just my two cents, not trying to convince you of anything or be insulting (hopefully it's not coming across that way), just trying to explain a perspective.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: MAVS NEWS: Luka, THJ, DFS, KP & DP to start | Vax rate ~90% - by Jmaciscool - 09-30-2021, 04:33 PM