Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Letter to the Negative Nancies
(06-25-2021, 12:11 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Since I wrote a letter to the negative folks asking if I could join then again,  do I now have to write Kam to see if I can be in the hopeful crowd again?

As I've said several times, until Nico is inked, there's still time for this to go VAJ-south or Miami2019-south. Don't jump ship from the U.S.S. Nancy yet.
Like Reply
I'm just going to stay ready to freak out in either direction
Like Reply
I think I will remain overall optimistic on the Mavs despite recent developments, in a similar way when I was optimistic on the Mavs even when Avery Johnson was the coach. 

We still had Dirk. We still have Luka. Where there’s a generational superstar franchise player, there’s a way. 

Just don’t screw this up as bad as Avery did, Kidd. Pls. I expect you to screw it up a bit, as is tradition — just not too much pls.
Like Reply
(06-25-2021, 12:11 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Since I wrote a letter to the negative folks asking if I could join then again,  do I now have to write Kam to see if I can be in the hopeful crowd again?

Nah, we knew you never really left home. Welcome back. Smile
Like Reply
(06-25-2021, 12:20 AM)fifteenth Wrote: I'm just going to stay ready to freak out in either direction

When it comes to Mavs takes, maintaining a good triple threat position is always helpful.
Like Reply
I joined team Nancy back in 2015 when Carlisle and the Mavs org tried to sabotage Rondo's career, but now that karma has finally done it's thing and Rondo led the Clippers back from down 0-2 to not just get Carlisle relieved of his duties but literally take a wrecking ball to the entire franchise, and now that they have replaced him with a childhood favorite of mine, Jason Kidd, I am 50% of the way back to joining team Pollyanna Sunshine Pumper. All they have to do is trade Porzingis. Then the healing process will be complete
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
Maybe Porzingod will rise from the ashes
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

You are doing it all wrong. Don´t give up on the first sign of positive change. Embrace the negativity.
Like Reply
Just need the right mindset. What about this headline: "Mavs sign shoe salesman and alcoholic wife beater."
Like Reply
One thing I've learned tonight:

The negativity that has flourished in this place for the past week, whether justified or not, is only a fraction of what Mavs Twitter has to offer. Jesus, that scene is toxic 
and scary.

We are the calm, measured voices of the middle when it comes to Mavs fan takes.
Like Reply
I really like the middle. What ever happened to listening to both sides and patiently waiting for all information before locking into a position. Actually I do have a position. Passionate Mavs fan!
Like Reply
If anything it's the time to get off the negative nancy wagon. This team needed to shake things up and they actually pulled the trigger. Now it's time to wait and see what happens. This is actually an exciting time, we don't know what to expect with this much change. I barely know anything about shoe guy so I'll wait and see what he does before I pass judgement. Kidd may not be the same coach he was in Milwaukee at this point so again, the wait and see approach
Like Reply