Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
Was not expecting this. I'm guessing Cuban already has someone in mind to take over. I just hope it's not Bob.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:13 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: What happens to the Texas Legends now. Sad

Donnie might keep his share if he isn't hired by someone else in the NBA.
If it isn't a bad break up at least
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:12 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Someone got to interview Nellie.  That is going to be a doozy.

Especially if he is self medicated during the interview...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
So it's gotta be between Bob, Ainge and Masai right?
Like Reply
I think this is my first post since playoff elimination as I’ve just been lurking and stewing, but wow. Changes seemed expected after the Athletic article, but I didn’t think they would be major. Well, I guess they still may not be based on how much power Donnie actually had and who replaces him.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:10 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: May be time for a change, but he wasn't wrong. It's the problem when your primary ballhandler/point guard is also your primary scorer., ball can stay in one guys hands too much.. still need to move the ball and keep others involved, even it is will come back to you at the end.

Preaching to the choir. That has been o e of my major complaints about Luka. 

However to play Devil’s Advocate, whenever he sits the team stinks. He sees that too. Maybe he is not the issue. The lack of legit starter talent on this team might be the real issue.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:16 PM)loki Wrote: Was not expecting this. I'm guessing Cuban already has someone in mind to take over. I just hope it's not Bob.

I hope we get Ujiri , one can dream
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...0523500545
Like Reply
Messiah Ujiri, save us.

I hope the new GM will get FULL CONTROL, cause that means his decision on Porzingis (and THJ) will be completely detached from the original trade and still trying to win that trade. He´ll just assess the situation from an outsider position, which is probably best.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

At least we know who the source probably was for Cato's story now....and God help us if Donnie was right and the dysfunction remains.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:20 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: So it's gotta be between Bob, Ainge and Masai right?

Ainge has ties with RC , so he is a candidate. 
But now it seems agents turning GM is new trend, so won't rule it out.
Duffy as GM? Shwarzenger or wharever his name was?
Like Reply
My bet on what's going to happen - Phil Jackson, coming out of retirement. 

Nice knowin' ya, KP.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:21 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...0523500545

Yeah...this is EXACTLY what we needed before Free Agency.  I guess, if our reputation as a dumpster fire in a management civil war, it's a good thing...if we weren't, then all that "stability" thing is gone.

Please, please, please...don't go for some weirdo 12 year old "out of the box" guy...get someone safe and solid.

Jerry West anyone?  Morey?  Urji?
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:21 PM)Tyler Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...0523500545

Not a big fan of hiring a search firm.  Maybe that is a common step.   Mark should have names ready to interview.    Not a big fan when they bring search firms in.
Like Reply
RC is officially on borrowed time now. If Donnie is gone, the precedence has been set. He can get the axe at any time now
Like Reply

Maybe I'm reading into this too much but this kind of feels like Bob is gone too.
Like Reply
Wow this feels like a bitter divorce. 
Cuban tells Donnie he's out. 
Donnie tells all to Cato. 
Athletic urgently prints before the ouster is made public.
Yikes.
Like Reply
Is it normal for a NBA team to hire an outside firm to find the next GM?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:29 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Wow this feels like a bitter divorce. 
Cuban tells Donnie he's out. 
Donnie tells all to Cato. 
Athletic urgently prints before the ouster is made public.
Yikes.

Seems like RoboCop and the moment Cubes fired Donnie, he was no longer bound by the “No insider leaks” directive.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:19 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Especially if he is self medicated during the interview...

Pretty good chance he will be self medicated before, during and after the interview.
Like Reply