Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
Exclamation 
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status...85797?s=21
Like Reply
WHAT THE HECK
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 12:58 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status...85797?s=21

Ho. Lee. Sheet.
Like Reply
I hope we get an actual GM in charge now...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Guess that answers the question as to the Atlantic's source. Go get the Raptors GM to fix this mess!
Like Reply
Wow...he drafted Luka and that will always be on his record.  But the last two offseason have not been good at all.  Someone needs to answer for that.  Now do we have any confidence in Mark finding someone to build this roster correctly?  Will he even let someone do it?   

I didn't think they would get rid of Donnie, but I am ready for changes.
Like Reply
Voulgaris wins?
Like Reply
Wow. Does that sever the Euro pipeline..?
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Not complaining. But wow wow wow. Wonder if some of Donnie’s public after season comments that came across as taking a shot at Luka played some part in this.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:04 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Wow. Does that sever the Euro pipeline..?

I actually don't think it matters.  The Mavs have been viewed as a strong international presence team for years.   Although I don't think it is really deserved.  They drafted Luka who wasn't a secret to anyone.   Dirk was a lifetime ago.  Maxi was a real nice find.  

They never seem to identify a future pro who is overseas in the second round.   Or target overseas players in the draft.

I think they are living off their reputation for drafting franchise changing players such as  Dirk, Luka, and Wang Smile
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:05 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Not complaining. But wow wow wow. Wonder if some of Donnie’s public after season comments that came across as taking a shot at Luka played some part in this.

May be time for a change, but he wasn't wrong. It's the problem when your primary ballhandler/point guard is also your primary scorer., ball can stay in one guys hands too much.. still need to move the ball and keep others involved, even it is will come back to you at the end.
Like Reply
Ok then.

That certainly makes it sound like Donnie was the source for the article. Which also seemed obvious when you read it. And if true, I honestly can't blame Cuban for being forced to fire the guy. Although I'll hedge that by saying it'll be interesting to get the full story as more details come out.

In any case, thanks to Donnie for decades of running the team. It'll be really weird to not have a Nelson in the organization.

So who will get the job?
Like Reply
Whoa.
Like Reply
Someone got to interview Nellie.  That is going to be a doozy.
Like Reply
I hope they bring in a new GM, who will be in charge and can put his own people in place, ESPECIALLY FOR THE DRAFT.

This MIGHT be fantastic news, if we get a GM with a badass reputation, that will finally draw players.

What happens to the Texas Legends now. Sad
Like Reply
Rick GM, Bobguy coach?
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 01:10 PM)LifeAquatic Wrote: May be time for a change, but he wasn't wrong. It's the problem when your primary ballhandler/point guard is also your primary scorer., ball can stay in one guys hands too much.. still need to move the ball and keep others involved, even it is will come back to you at the end.

It wasn't wrong, but the wording was really subpar.
Like Reply
It ended ugly but it's much needed change that was probably 5 years overdue. No GM/front office should be the same for that long. Winning a championship is great and earns you some more time to do it again. But it doesn't buy you a decade of no results...same with Ainge and the Celtics and Dumars/Pistons.

Let's see what happens next though. We know Cuban isn't exactly the brightest mind too so does he actually fix this properly or fully embrace being the next Jerry Jones?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...88640?s=20
Like Reply