Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEWS: Donnie out | Nico Harrison (Nike) as Pres/GM | Fin as VP | Dirk as Advisor
(06-24-2021, 12:07 AM)omahen Wrote: I thought podcast was clear. It will be a "nobody" as nobody respectable would want to come. And even as it is, this guy will be third in line. So not important at all. Just a voice.

Former player, scout, front office worker? One of Cuban´s crypto friends? Reality TV star?
Like Reply
Chandler Parsons!!!
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 12:22 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Chandler Parsons!!!

Get it done, Donni...oh, wait.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 12:22 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Chandler Parsons!!!

I like it. Checks all the boxes. Former player. Reality TV star. And with Bob´s help he can get into crypto.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 12:25 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I like it. Checks all the boxes. Former player. Reality TV star. And with Bob´s help he can get into crypto.

He can also be in charge of wardrobe and photo shoots
Like Reply
Off topic. Any news on Chandler Parsons. Is he actually trying to come back? Retired? The car crash was really bad and they mentioned potential career ending injuries.
Like Reply
(06-23-2021, 10:26 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm sorry for saying this, but do you work for Cuban or what? Nobody is going to get behind this.

Thank you for saying the emperor has no clothes. so much this.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 12:36 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Off topic. Any news on Chandler Parsons. Is he actually trying to come back? Retired?

Aging is tough on models
Like Reply
(06-23-2021, 11:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Burke sucks...

Doesn´t care, did job well for 10 days in last 10 years, got 10M dollars.

[Image: 8744.jpg]

(06-24-2021, 12:25 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I like it. Checks all the boxes. Former player. Reality TV star. And with Bob´s help he can get into crypto.

Titan is already a bust. Parsons can create a new crypto currency. How does Glass sound? Big Grin
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 12:07 AM)omahen Wrote: I thought podcast was clear. It will be a "nobody" as nobody respectable would want to come. And even as it is, this guy will be third in line. So not important at all. Just a voice.

Job description for new GM:

You ever wanted to be the next Gerson Rosas. Here is your chance. You can think for yourself and resign in three months, or you can be our puppet, do as we say and when we fire you, you´ll get all the blame for all the decisions you didn´t make. 

Money at lower entry level, since I need to save money as YOU just gave THJ a $100M contract extension.  Big Grin
Like Reply
One question occured to me: Do we know, if Finley sits in the room with Dirk, Cubes and whoever to discuss the GM vacancy? Because that would be weird.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 05:20 AM)Thukydides Wrote: One question occured to me: Do we know, if Finley sits in the room with Dirk, Cubes and whoever to discuss the GM vacancy? Because that would be weird.

Cuban: So guys I have called you in here, because we need to discuss strategy about this franchise going forward. So about the new position of President/GM?
Finley: What about me?
Dirk: Yeah what about Mike?
Cuban: I like it. Good talk. Problem solved.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 05:34 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Cuban: So guys I have called you in here, because we need to discuss strategy about this franchise going forward. So about the new position of President/GM?
Finley: What about me?
Dirk: Yeah what about Mike?
Cuban: I like it. Good talk. Problem solved.

Cuban: ... but let's drag out the process until the draft so i look professional. And let's also involve an expensive consulting firm so it looks like an educated decision.
Dirk: i'm gone fishing ... 
Finley: as long as i do get the job in the end, i'm fine.
Like Reply
Well welcome to the Panic Zone everyone 
Kind of freaked-out and checked-out for the year after this past trade deadline. I didn't then and I still don't know why we gave up on long term building and a legit at the Finals just so we could have a few extra mil in capspace this summer 
Gotta give it to Luka for actually almost dragging this hodgepodge of random bits there anyway. 

I'm still a bit hopeful that there's been such a delay in making an announcement on a GM. Maybe we do get some kind of forceful outside voice here even if all signs point away from that. 
We're screwed if it's just internal promotion of Yes Men to Cuban though
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1408196737974497284
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...4325104642
Like Reply
Get ready for the Kidd Era
Like Reply
The GM Search firm barely had time to pack their bags to travel to Dallas.  I guess we aren't using them?  Weird.

I am not crazy about the Fin, GM, Cuban new triangle.  I don't know who the GM will be and don't know much about Finley's basketball management, but it just seems a little light.  We will see though.

I doubt Kidd is ever as good of a coach as Carlisle, but this team needed a change.  I would be fine with the hire if he connects better to the players, develops a more motion filled offense, and hopefully utilizes/gets better production from KP .   Not saying Rick was wrong in any of these, but maybe a change helps.  

I will be watching who he hires as assistants.  Mark needs to $ money to get a vet asst. coach or two.   Not sure who Kidd's guys are, but the assistant hires will be important.
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 06:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The GM Search firm barely had time to pack their bags to travel to Dallas.  I guess we aren't using them?  Weird.

I strongly believe that Cuban has had Forde Sportsology on the search for at least weeks and maybe months. Cuban had to have known at the TDL that this thing was broken.
Like Reply
Whoever the GM is, I hope he has the insight to improve the roster with shrewd decisions and moves. They need to as other franchises are pulling ahead of them.
Like Reply