Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site Requests / Issues
One tiny little thing: could we somehow have the up-and-down  buttons bigger?  I find it quite a struggle to click on them, especially on mobile devices.
Like Reply
These are just my suggestions for desktop, I haven't tried the mobile version. Thank you so much for creating the site. 

1. I'd add hometown under username and make the avatar dimensions larger.

2. I'd also remove some of the features within a post and within the reply box to help give a cleaner design. 

3. I'd see if there's a way to get a notification when someone replies to your post. 

4. I'd see if there's a way where your post in a thread can be highlighted in someway. For example, I've seen on other forums where my post would have a different background color than others. It helps me identify it while scrolling.

5. I think a 13pt helvetica font would look cleaner and more legible.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 06:29 AM)TATU Wrote: These are just my suggestions for desktop, I haven't tried the mobile version. Thank you so much for creating the site. 

1. I'd add hometown under username and make the avatar dimensions larger.

2. I'd also remove some of the features within a post and within the reply box to help give a cleaner design. 

3. I'd see if there's a way to get a notification when someone replies to your post. 

4. I'd see if there's a way where your post in a thread can be highlighted in someway. For example, I've seen on other forums where my post would have a different background color than others. It helps me identify it while scrolling.

5. I think a 13pt helvetica font would look cleaner and more legible.

Avatar doesn't need to be larger. It's a gimmick that does not add relevant information.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 07:51 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: It's a gimmick that does not add relevant information.

Speak for yourself, mine is of my best friend in the whole world (him and Kevin James) and if that is not relevant to you, it is to me! 

However, I agree with you that it doesn't need to be bigger.
Like Reply
So what's behind the name qabick cents and what is the reason behind that almost all of the stuff have some esoteric or occult background?
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 04:38 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: So what's behind the name qabick cents and what is the reason behind that almost all of the stuff have some esoteric or occult background?

Qabick pronouned kah-bik

Qabick Cents: Change 4 Your Common Sense Jar. 

Qabick Cents Productions is the main mother production company. Qabick Cents is the blog/theringer-esque style site(not there yet obviously but this is the aim) 

Qabick Sounds is our Music and Podcast division which we have some people producing some podcasts now, as well as I have a few singles coming up from this one female singer-songwriter and she will be featured on my soundtrack. Qabick Vision is some of the Video produced things and/or the film department, of which I am releasing a movie under soon. 

Qabick is mostly a made-up word but it has various multiple meanings as most company logos do. 

The reason for the extensive occult things is simply a matter of the best quality writers I have onboard right now, favor these subjects. 

In the long term, we will have film, short videos, music, all sorts of entertainment, articles on entertainment: cinema, etc... articles on politics, philosophy, current events/news, occult/religious studies, to sports, to health, etc etc...

We will have all sorts of subject matter covered eventually but I am building a huge Media Production Company and my vision is one that won't occur over night. So we are in a Soft Launch Phase. Just building up content and content producers... the eventually we will have multiple topics and things we cover, so it will be more evened up and spread out. 

This Mavericks Forum is just one of many branches I intend to venture out into. It came natural as i am a Mavs fan and the opportunity came up, and I just saw a way I could help and put it on my servers, and sure enough it has been seeming to work out. 

I will eventually have multiple forums for various teams, sports, niche fandoms, etc... They will all just be under the mother company's umbrella, and this will help all of the sites thrive. So I have writers that guarantee a good amount of traffic per article because they have their own fanbases... but those fans come to see the articles from the people they know, but eventually, they will check out the site and read other people's work. So I am building a hub of sorts. A giant collaboration with various other content producers. They get a place to publish here and I do my best to promote them and their work, including providing links and ads to their other websites. 

This is what I offer to those authors now, but eventually, I can afford to pay the better ones and continue to grow. 

The only reason it is growing as slow as it is right now is that I am a full-time student working on my filmmaking skills so that I can be a better filmmaker and therefore produce better content. So I am just keeping the site going, slowly raising numbers and followers, and then with this site as well, and the other forums and things I will branch out into, it will all grow into a substantial size by the time I graduate, and then I can begin to focus more full time on the company and by then I have a few years of back cataloged content, and we have a nice ball rolling.
Like Reply
Citations need to have a different font or to be in italic or even better have a different backgroundcolor.

Sometimes it is hard to see what was actually posted by a user.

https://www.qabickcents.com/dallasbasketball/stats.php
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 01:36 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Citations need to have a different font or to be in italic or even better have a different backgroundcolor.

This one is the trickiest issue I am not sure how to fix... 

We have different color themes, and then different plugins... the plugins act a specific way, but then if the plugin uses a white font it works great in the dark themes, but then doesnt in the light... likewise the plugins that use a black or dark grey font make it hard to read on the dark themes...

I am trying to fix the cosmetic issues, like size of the buttons needing to be bigger, bigger fonts etc... but this particular issue I am not sure how to fix and also provide both options of light and dark to people when the board seems split on which it likes better...

the best news about all of this though? We are in 1.8 of this forum software... 1.9 is about to come out... that means that 2.0 is just around the corner. With a new full version release we will see a combined unified situation. Right now many of the themes are outdated and made by the community, but the official themes stink... so here soon we will be able to see the official forum matched up with new features, and a more consistent level of coding that will find community theme and plugin developers all on the same page again. 

Idk when this will be, it may be a few months at most... but then most of our theme issues will likely be easily resolved at that time. In the meantime, I will be fixing as many as I personally can, and then trying to hire a coder for a freelance job of just fixing the list of easier cosmetic issues we can address sooner.
Like Reply
Should be somewhere in a css file right? 
Maybe just make all citations italic. Should not be too hard.

Sadly I can't have a look at it as my computer is a broken.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 02:25 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Should be somewhere in a css file right? 

There are MULTIPLE css files for each theme... I am not an expert but I have been coding websites since the 90s, so I have been searching through the hundreds to thousands of lines of code already. It isn't as easy as just trying to find "citations" in the css file. I will keep looking though, but it takes some trial and error at times to find just the right instance within the code.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 02:25 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Maybe just make all citations italic

There... I fixed it within the Light Theme alone... do you like how it looks now? do people who use the two dark themes also want this or?
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 05:35 PM)admin Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 02:25 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Maybe just make all citations italic

There... I fixed it within the Light Theme alone... do you like how it looks now? do people who use the two dark themes also want this or?

Not different for me yet.

Mobile dark theme looks fine with the citations. They are popping out.
Like Reply
[Image: italic.png]

Try a HARD refresh on your browser. Shift and F5 if on Windows(don't know for Mac) if on a mobile browser just refresh multiple times in a row, or you may have to delete your cache

but in the image, it shows the new difference
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 05:44 PM)admin Wrote: [Image: italic.png]

Try a HARD refresh on your browser. Shift and F5 if on Windows(don't know for Mac) if on a mobile browser just refresh multiple times in a row, or you may have to delete your cache

but in the image, it shows the new difference

Now I can see it. I think it's an improvement! Thank you.
Like Reply
Thank you once again for the Italics Magick...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
just fixed the EMBED feature on the site... I added a max image size and used a different embed service and I think it looks a lot cleaner now. 

( I am looking through code and have been for a few hours now... will keep trying to find how in heck I change the +/- signs and font sizes for those )
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 06:54 PM)admin Wrote: just fixed the EMBED feature on the site... I added a max image size and used a different embed service and I think it looks a lot cleaner now. 

( I am looking through code and have been for a few hours now... will keep trying to find how in heck I change the +/- signs and font sizes for those )

Thanks for your effort. To be honest I liked the embed feature more before. The embedly did a much better job in my opinion. I was super satisfied with how it worked before. It was great using the light skin on mobile.

Furthermore the new embed feature breaks the dark mobile theme.

Old was more flexible and was using space that was available. Had better features as well. You could play the podcast linked right from the forum.

And it even had a PDF reader included.
Like Reply
okay I changed it back...

I did also add a Thank You Counter on the forum pages... so it can show how many thanks the initial post got, which helps for showing which posts are most popular (this feature will mean a lot more when we have more thanks and more posts/users that it adds up a lot more)
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:20 PM)admin Wrote: okay I changed it back...

I did also add a Thank You Counter on the forum pages... so it can show how many thanks the initial post got, which helps for showing which posts are most popular (this feature will mean a lot more when we have more thanks and more posts/users that it adds up a lot more)

Thanks, it still looks a bit messy because of the size limitation you put in I think. Was different before.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:38 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Thanks, it still looks a bit messy because of the size limitation you put in I think. Was different before.

it has already been fixed. I had to clear the cache for my safari on my iphone to get it to go back
Like Reply