Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: How to quote in a clean and uncluttered way
(10-16-2019, 12:16 AM)robillionaire Wrote: it only seemed to work for me on the dark theme for some reason.

I only do light theme and it works for me. Keep playing with it. You might to click or scroll or something to get that little reply button to pop up.
Like Reply
Can't get it to work on Android, dark theme. All I get is the standard android options. Copy, paste, web search, etc. I don't have a Quote button either, just Reply.
Like Reply
(10-16-2019, 06:48 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I only do light theme and it works for me
I usually post on my desktop using Chrome because it has a 23" Ultra HD screen. I love watching videos this way. I do use I-Phone when I am out so I might try this there as well. Let's see how this looks.

Thanks all. I love learning useful stuff. I share the thought that excessive quoting becomes onerous.

Yes! It worked! We experienced Mav fans appreciate small technology victories. 

Now I am trying just typing in the quick reply box instead of hitting reply. I hope it just posts and does not requote anything.

That quoted everything so did not work. I guess I have to choose something small and to the point to reply to until I learn better. 

Question. Once I typed something but then wanted to cancel my reply because I didn't like it, I could not find a way to cancel or exit except to get completely out of the thread. I guess that is ok.

Anyway, Thanks again. At least I think I know how to minimally quote and respond. Here goes another trial.

(10-16-2019, 10:47 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Anyway, Thanks again. At least I think I know how to minimally quote and respond. Here goes another trial.

Oops. I messed something up. I promise to get better.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(10-16-2019, 10:47 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Question. Once I typed something but then wanted to cancel my reply because I didn't like it, I could not find a way to cancel or exit except to get completely out of the thread. I guess that is ok.
Mark everything and delete. Or just refresh the whole page.
Like Reply
(10-16-2019, 01:14 PM)WillE Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:47 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Question. Once I typed something but then wanted to cancel my reply because I didn't like it, I could not find a way to cancel or exit except to get completely out of the thread. I guess that is ok.
Mark everything and delete. Or just refresh the whole page.
Sounds good, Thanks.

I could not find the Thank button in this occasion though at other times I have.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(10-16-2019, 02:53 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: Sounds good, Thanks.

I could not find the Thank button in this occasion though at other times I have.

Having the same problem. Often cannot find the Thank button. And the Reply popup does work occasionally, but I usually have to scroll up and down several times after I highlight what I want to quote before it appears.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 07:30 AM)embellisher Wrote: Often cannot find the Thank button.

You can ONLY thank an original post. You cannot "thank" replies.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 01:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: You can ONLY thank an original post. You cannot "thank" replies.

Thanks?  Smile
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 01:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: You can ONLY thank an original post. You cannot "thank" replies.
Can't "thank" but therefore give a "+1" in the right below corner.
Like Reply
I've tried numerous times to get this to work. Still haven't seen a reply pop up.  Maybe it's the browser, or hell, maybe it's me.  It should work on Chrome or Explorer correct?
Like Reply
(10-19-2019, 04:36 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I've tried numerous times to get this to work. 
All I do is click in the box where the text I want to quote only is and delete the rest...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-15-2019, 11:18 AM)Kammrath Wrote: highlight ONLY the part of the message you want to quote

Nicely doneExclamation  By way of a techie comment, phpbb was one of the platforms I used and this platform looks to me like a very nice, easy to use update on that. 

Ain't tech grand!
Like Reply
BUMP!

This is for you guys in the game summary threads!
Like Reply
Doesn't work on mobile
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 04:39 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Doesn't work on mobile

true that
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 05:10 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:39 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Doesn't 

true 
True if you do follow the instructions posted in this thread...

What works for me on mobile is to highlight what I do not want to quote and then hit the back arrow on the keyboard...all of it disappears and only leaves what I want to quote...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 05:35 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:10 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:39 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Doesn't 

true 
True if you do follow the instructions posted in this thread...

What works for me on mobile is to highlight what I do not want to quote and then hit the back arrow on the keyboard...all of it disappears and only leaves what I want to quote...

Yeah of course that works, but it's not comfortable at all and especially during game threads is annoying.
Like Reply
(10-16-2019, 06:36 AM)WillE Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 11:18 AM)Kammrath Wrote: So instead of clicking the "quote" button, highlight ONLY the part of the message you want to quote and then a little box will pop up on the highlight that says "Reply." Click that reply pop up and you will only quote the relevant portion. 

Ahh! Great stuff, thanks a lot Kamm!

On my Android mobile I needed to scroll just a bit to reveive that "Reply" button.
Couldn't get the popup window to appear, after trying numerous times. Tried clicking, scrolling with no success. Both in Safari and Chrome. 

Would be a handy choice to have.
Like Reply
if you can not get your browser to have the tooltip popup show up after you highlight the text... there is an alternate method to make the Fast Quote feature work... 

is to highlight the text, and then on the bottom of the post you are quoting there is a small button that is a different size and shape than all of the other buttons and this button is the fast quote feature. 

Highlight text, press fast quote button. 

Same amount of easy steps just the code for the popup works on some browsers and not on others but the feature always still works
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 05:35 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: What works for me on mobile is to highlight what I do not want to quote and then hit the back arrow on the keyboard...all of it disappears and only leaves what I want to quote...

That's what I do...
Like Reply