Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4 THE FINALS: BOSTON CELTICS (3-0) vs DALLAS MAVERICKS (0-3)
Green and Exum finally showed up. Where was this energy in first three games. We will see in the next game, where Boston will definitely want to close the series, how much this game was about Boston being bad or Mavs being good.
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Exum played great and that was the Hardaway I was hoping to see at the end of game 3. Luka 0-8 from 3...only bad thing I see tonight.
Like Reply
Luka/Kai 1-16 from 3 and Mavs still win by almost 40. Means the bench and role players stepped up.
Like Reply
It was a human nature game for the Celtics. Sweeps are rare in the Finals...4 in the last 35 years. When you know you have a chance to win it all in game 5 at home, it's hard to not have a natural letdown in game 4.

I just hope game 5 is close...there's really no pressure for the Mavs at this point. When you go down 0-3, it's not even about playing for a championship anymore, now it's all about just trying to keep forcing an extra game just for fun.
Like Reply
I BELIEVE
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Finally got the Exum we saw all regular season and thought we would see in the playoffs. More, please, Dante.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
mavs just played the right way by speeding up and attacking the paint, and it paid off.
Like Reply
I posted in discord before the game but it was obvious before game 3. More Exum and no THJ & Hardy.

LuKai 42 min
DJJ 16
PJW 40
Lively 30
GaffGreenExum 18
Maxi 16

That’s the rotation that has a chance to succeed against Boston.
[-] The following 4 users Like Smitty's post:
  • Berknip, BigDirk41, KillerLeft, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Just one more win and there's going to be an insane amount of pressure on a choke heavy team
Going to have to forcibly take Game 5 but the other 2 may just be there for the taking
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, rocky164
Like Reply
(06-14-2024, 10:30 PM)Smitty Wrote: I posted in discord before the game but it was obvious before game 3. More Exum and no THJ & Hardy.

LuKai 42 min
DJJ 16
PJW 40
Lively 30
GaffGreenExum 18
Maxi 16

That’s the rotation that has a chance to succeed against Boston.

I haven’t checked, but it felt like Kleber played more than 16 tonight, and he was superb.
Like Reply
(06-14-2024, 10:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I haven’t checked, but it felt like Kleber played more than 16 tonight, and he was superb.

He played 23
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-14-2024, 10:42 PM)Jym Wrote: Just one more win and there's going to be an insane amount of pressure on a choke heavy team
Going to have to forcibly take Game 5 but the other 2 may just be there for the taking

Game 5 is going to be a tall order.  The pucker factor won’t have hit the Celtics yet and their energy will be high.  If the Mavs can steal that one then Boston will likely have some clinched booties in Game 6 in front of a crazy crowd. 

I’m just glad to get to watch another game at this point. 

Obviously the odds are still super slim but just like a 16 seed beating a 1 seed…eventually a 3-0 comeback is going to happen.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-14-2024, 10:54 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Game 5 is going to be a tall order.  The pucker factor won’t have hit the Celtics yet and their energy will be high.  If the Mavs can steal that one then Boston will likely have some clinched booties in Game 6 in front of a crazy crowd. 

I’m just glad to get to watch another game at this point. 

Obviously the odds are still super slim but just like a 16 seed beating a 1 seed…eventually a 3-0 comeback is going to happen.

In one game, anything can happen
I think we're going need 45+ points from Luka for it to happen
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • BolsDamols, Branduil
Like Reply
(06-14-2024, 10:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I haven’t checked, but it felt like Kleber played more than 16 tonight, and he was superb.

He did and he was good. This was just my post in discord prior to the game. Of course a few minutes can be adjusted. PJ only played 14 minutes tonight…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-14-2024, 10:56 PM)Jym Wrote: In one game, anything can happen
I think we're going need to 45+ points from Luka for it to happen

I think winning Game 5 will require another early Luka supernova yeah, if the Mavs don't punch them in the mouth and get them dizzy early it will be almost impossible to win in Boston.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I would start Lively next game and the rest of the series. He basically started tonight. He came in 2 1/2 minutes into the game.
Like Reply
(06-14-2024, 11:21 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I would start Lively next game and the rest of the series. He basically started tonight. He came in 2 1/2 minutes into the game.

Would still give Gafford his cameo to start the game/2nd half. Draw up the same postups that lead to two quick fouls on Tatum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • bubbler86
Like Reply
No one has come back down 0-3, but somebody did complete a 1-3 comeback.

Same as in the GS-Cavs series, we will need an all time great performance from Luka or Kyrie (maybe both) to win this game.

Role players have stepped up in this game, it will have to be Luka and Kyrie in Game 5 especially early in the game. Punch them in the mouth and put some doubt in their minds. This Boston team can and will fold.
Like Reply
https://x.com/DallasTexasTV/status/1801835054403899397

"Luka had Celtics fans beating the hell out of each other back at the watch party in Boston tonight"
Like Reply
If Kidd would have found this obvious rotation earlier in the series, we’d be 2-2 or 3-1. This finals will probably go down as a big missed opportunity, especially for Luka. But, now that the Mavs have finally figured out their best players, perhaps some history can be made.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply