Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
46.67%
7 46.67%
Raptors
53.33%
8 53.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12: TOR (8-4) @ DAL (7-5) | 110-102 win
Rick got outcoached in the 2nd, simple as that. Plus Mavs players can't even hit open 3s now.

Raps picking up Luka with 2 players mid court in the 2nd.
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 09:45 PM)Jym Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 09:42 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Bad 2nd quarter. Toronto over 50% from 3. 

Finery Smith sadly misses wide open 3s.

Good adjustments and defense by Nick Nurse.

Curry luckily hitting a bad flat contested 3.

Luka sadly missing a lot of freethrows.

Porzingis with a worse quarter but plays fine overall.

Let's see how Rick adjusts.

We'd be pillowy but I want to see Jackson and Broekhoff on the court together when teams are doubling Luka hard
THJ shouldn't be part of the rotation, if we try to win games. Killing every momentum after leading by 10. And he is allowing dribble penetration as well.

Barea can't be worse on defense than him.

THJ 11 min
Brunson 5 min
Jackson 5 min
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 09:49 PM)sefant Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 09:45 PM)Jym Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 09:42 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Bad 2nd quarter. Toronto over 50% from 3. 

Finery Smith sadly misses wide open 3s.

Good adjustments and defense by Nick Nurse.

Curry luckily hitting a bad flat contested 3.

Luka sadly missing a lot of freethrows.

Porzingis with a worse quarter but plays fine overall.

Let's see how Rick adjusts.

We'd be pillowy but I want to see Jackson and Broekhoff on the court together when teams are doubling Luka hard
THJ shouldn't be part of the rotation, if we try to win games. Killing every momentum after leading by 10. And he is allowing dribble penetration as well.

Barea can't be worse on defense than him.

THJ 11 min
Brunson 5 min
Jackson 5 min

The lineup to start the 2nd was really weird with Powell at center and Jackson as small ball 4. Very bad defensively.
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 09:49 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Rick got outcoached in the 2nd, simple as that. Plus Mavs players can't even hit open 3s now.

Was he? I actually liked most of the shots the Mavs took. Obviously still 3-point heavy but less attempts of the dribble and more drive and kick.
If the Mavs are not able to make them we have to talk about an entire new scheme but right now the players are underperforming. A lot of them are shooting way below their career averages.
One thing that cannot happen is Powell as the sole big on the floor. The Mavs have two rim protectors on the roster. RC needs to make sure that one of them is on the floor at all times.
Like Reply
Mavs gone cold. Its not like they're getting bad shots, they're just not hitting them.

In other news, Seth Curry blocks the crap outta Powell!!

Curry with the drive! He's been SO much better tonight.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 09:49 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Rick got outcoached in the 2nd, simple as that. Plus Mavs players can't even hit open 3s now.

Exactly. Nurse sees Luka in the bench, he puts Siakam back in the game right away.
Like Reply
RC needs to ban the step back. If Luka cannot get rid of his bad habbits himself someone needs to force him.
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 09:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

Was he? I actually liked most of the shots the Mavs took. Obviously still 3-point heavy but less attempts of the dribble and more drive and kick.
If the Mavs are not able to make them we have to talk about an entire new scheme but right now the players are underperforming. A lot of them are shooting way below their career averages.
One thing that cannot happen is Powell as the sole big on the floor. The Mavs have two rim protectors on the roster. RC needs to make sure that one of them is on the floor at all times.

Yes he was, Nick Nurse made great adjustments and Rick weirdly started a new lineup in the 2nd never seen before this season tinkering along the way.
He took a weird risk to learn something.

Obviously it isn't Rick's fault when roleplayers can't hit their open shots. But the adjustments on defense Nurse made were great. I'm curious to see how Rick answers.

First quarter Rick set them up greatly, made some good adjustments in the way they played. Still would switch Hardaway into the starting lineup instead of curry.

When he plays with the starters he plays much more within himself. He is actually a good fit with Luka as he is our best spot-up shooter.
Like Reply
Holy Luka how did he find Maxi there!

THERE WE GO KP! 

Took his time and knocks down the 3

And then KP again with the mismatch!

AND THEN KP WITH THE BLOCK!

Did Siakam not step out of bounds there???

How was Luka not fouled on those multiple attempts???? Inconsistent officiating yet again.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I really, really like that Rick has made the adjustments to have Luka play some off the ball as well.
Like Reply
(11-16-2019, 10:00 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-16-2019, 09:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:

Yes he was, Nick Nurse made great adjustments and Rick weirdly started a new lineup in the 2nd never seen before this season tinkering along the way.
He took a weird risk to learn something.

Obviously it isn't Rick's fault when roleplayers can't hit their open shots. But the adjustments on defense Nurse made were great. I'm curious to see how Rick answers.

First quarter Rick set them up greatly, made some good adjustments in the way they played. Still would switch Hardaway into the starting lineup instead of curry.

When he plays with the starters he plays much more within himself. He is actually a good fit with Luka as he is our best spot-up shooter.
Curry might be in a shooting slump but he clearly is the best spot up shooter. i know that you are hoping for the magical transformation of THJ but it´s not going to happen. Knicks, Hawks, Knicks again and now the Mavs all had the same hopes and it never happened.
A great skill set isn´t enough if THJ isn´t using it to help the team. And it´s not like he only shows low bball IQ on offense. Might be even worse on defense.
Like Reply
KRISTAPS WITH THE BLOCK!

And then Kristaps again with the jumper! Dude has been INSANE these last few minutes.

Luka breaking down the defense and nearly got the poster. Now hit the FTs!

WOWOWO KP SHUTTING GASOL DOWN!

AND THEN THROWS DOWN THE DUNK 

LETS GO KP!!

AND LOOK AT THAT BALL MOVEMENT FOR THE CURRY 3!

This needs to be the starting lineup.
Like Reply
This is what we need from KP every game.
Like Reply
Kleber to DFS for the dunk! 

The offense is really clicking!
Like Reply
Good ball movement
Like Reply
The interior passing is pretty special right now.
Like Reply
I feel like the Mavs must lead the league in almost-steals which fail and lead to an open basket for the other team.
Like Reply
Some beautiful ballmovements right there last seen in the first quarter against Portland.

Although Finney doesn't hit his shots his passing definitely has improved.
Like Reply
Nice team play by this group.  Probably will be the main 5 with DP falling out of favor (I hope).  Bench needs to hold the lead.
Like Reply
Is it just me or do we look like an amazingly different team with Kleber playing 24 minutes and Dwight Powell playing 9?
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply