Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLM the official message of the NBA
(09-02-2020, 01:44 AM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 09:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: ....
We need accountability in this nation. Our police force has run for way too long without enough accountability. Our politicians have gone far too far without any accountability. After watching that video Dahlsim posted, BLM seems like they haven't been given enough accountability to stop the snowball that is rolling. NRA has no accountability. 

We need to get people into office that will boil all these grievances down to specifics so we can get to a state of accountability
Accountability and specifics.

Agree 100%.  That's actually what election time is supposed to be for accountability.  The system only gives us a binary choice in the end but people do have the ability to hold leaders responsible. 

Those elected leaders are the ones that get hired to spend full time hours working on the specifics of solutions. 
Everyday Americans realistically aren't going to have that time or take out that much time to figure out specific solutions even if they have the time.  Its not going to happen. 

So we the people are responsible for holding the right people accountable. That's why there's so much noise right now in the news about who is actually responsible for the carnage happening in so many US cities. If we hold the wrong political leaders accountable then there won't be solutions.
Well, like you say, there are only two parties from which to choose, and they are ideologically diametrically opposed to each other.  And the power of incumbency, for the most part, allows them to escape any accountability.

Sadly, at this point in time, the elected leaders of one party don't "work on the specifics of solutions", at all.  They spend full time hours working on how to undermine and even overthrow the president of the opposing party.  They make absurd budget demands($3 trillion for the next covid-19 relief package), and then when the other party balks at that, they paint them as not caring about the American people.  Never mind caring about the American people's children and grandchildren who will be required to pay off those $ trillions.  Meanwhile, big city mayors seem quite content to let their cities burn, rather than quelling the rioting and burning, because to put a stop to it would risk their being seen as being in agreement with Trump

(09-02-2020, 10:26 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 01:44 AM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 09:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: ....
We need accountability in this nation. Our police force has run for way too long without enough accountability. Our politicians have gone far too far without any accountability. After watching that video Dahlsim posted, BLM seems like they haven't been given enough accountability to stop the snowball that is rolling. NRA has no accountability. 

We need to get people into office that will boil all these grievances down to specifics so we can get to a state of accountability
Accountability and specifics.

Agree 100%.  That's actually what election time is supposed to be for accountability.  The system only gives us a binary choice in the end but people do have the ability to hold leaders responsible. 

Those elected leaders are the ones that get hired to spend full time hours working on the specifics of solutions. 
Everyday Americans realistically aren't going to have that time or take out that much time to figure out specific solutions even if they have the time.  Its not going to happen. 

So we the people are responsible for holding the right people accountable. That's why there's so much noise right now in the news about who is actually responsible for the carnage happening in so many US cities. If we hold the wrong political leaders accountable then there won't be solutions.
I'm so against both parties right now cause all both sides are doing is causing confusion. I don't like the way any of this is going. (Edit: I need to lump the media into this rant who is doing us absolutely no favors and needs to be held accountable too!!!)

I wish we had more elected officials that cared more about their constituents than the lobbyist whispering in their ear and buying from their shell company. 

I want people who truly care about America and are DOING (not talking about) the things they believe will better our lives. 

I can accept trying and failing, I have just grown so terribly tired of talking and not doing. Every election time we all get told what the vision is and what will happen if we elect them. Whoever it is gets elected (either party) on that platform and we're lucky if they get a couple of those bullet points accomplished.

Man, the single biggest thing I LOVED about Trump's platform was his vision for taxes. Everyone pays a straight whatever% (15-20? If I remember correctly). No more tax breaks, no more write offs, no ways to get out of it. If you earn money in America, you pay the government the same % as every other person making money in America. Makes tax season simple, no more putting together books-worth of ridiculous paperwork.

I didn't vote for either side that last election cause I didn't like either candidate and I can't stand the thought of picking the lesser of 2 evils, so I voted for the other guy that was on the ballot without knowing who he was or what he wanted. This next election I'm considering just finding a random guy that I agree with on this forum, asking him for his name and writing his name down, cause like last election I can't understand why both parties are gonna make us choose between the 2 candidates they're putting forth. 

I get more and more upset every year with the way our politicians are treating us, and while throwing away my single vote won't accomplish what I want to have happen, I know the path we continue going down doesn't work either.

Something's gotta change and we need to get down to specifics to give our system, leaders and civil servants accountability.
You may be confusing the flat tax with the Fair Tax.  I do like the flat tax idea, although I do believe the flat tax does exempt income below a certain level.  I strongly believe that it would really help the country if everybody has some "skin in the game".  When you have skin in the game, you are much more likely to care about how the government is spending your money.

But the Fair Tax(national sales tax) would be even better, IMO, because that would force those who operate in the underground economy to pay in to the government.  These would be people who work for cash and those people involved in the illegal drug trade.  When they go to spend their money at retail businesses, they would pay their federal tax at the point of sale.  But the only way I would support the Fair Tax is if the federal income tax was abolished, and if it is only applied at the point of final sales, i.e., not a value added tax.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: BLM the official message of the NBA - by mtrot - 09-02-2020, 12:12 PM