Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-02-2021, 08:53 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Nice false equivalence. Last I checked pregnancies aren't contagious and don't affect society as a whole.

I think the area of comparison was on the issue of people having control and rights over their own bodies rather than government authorities and societies being empowered to do things to your body. 

In the case of abortion, there is a moral issue around the fact that TWO bodies are involved.  The child has a body as well but because the mother is the host body the argument has been that the states interest is all about the mother.  The my body my choice movement has made this a central point. 

In this case, taking an injection into your body, there is only one body, yours.  If you buy into the argument for women's rights to choose over their own body then shouldn't everyone have the right to make choices over their own body.  LIFE, liberty and pursuit of happiness. 

In terms of societal effects, there are easily a thousand ways children coming into the world affect the overall society.
[-] The following 4 users Like Dahlsim's post:
  • BasketballJones41, embellisher, luka_skywalker_77, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by Dahlsim - 10-03-2021, 09:45 AM