Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I know we're not winning the chip this year...
(05-07-2021, 08:29 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Achiuwa minutes per game in March/April/May:  9.6/11/2.8

Green minutes per game in March/April/May:  6.8/9.3/13.3

This isn't directed at 21, but I think we might have a more nuanced conversation if we made rookie PT comparisons strictly for teams over .500.  I'm too lazy to look it up, but besides Achiuwa, I can think of Bane, Prichard, Quickley, Maxey and Flynn as non-lottery rookies contributing to .500+ teams.  All but Maxey are at least a year or more older than Green.  Green is playing more minutes in May than all but Quickley and Prichard.  Green at 13.3 compares well to Bane at 12.8, Maxey at 12.0, Flynn at 3.8 and Achiuwa at 2.8.
I think an important aspect of what 21 is saying is the total minutes they’re getting too. That shows (minus unavailability) how many DNP-CD’s these guys got. If Green averaged that many minutes in every single game he was available, one has to imagine how much further along he is because of it. 

We’ve talked about the FO not knowing how to build around Luka without seeing what he does on the court, I think this is a similar argument.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know we're not winning the chip this year... - by ItsGoTime - 05-07-2021, 08:38 AM