Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I know we're not winning the chip this year...
(05-07-2021, 08:04 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The Heat approach is completely different to the Mavs approach.

Spoelstra gave Achiuwa bigger minutes early, which is basically the exact opposite approach. Achiuwa played in the first 20 games and never less than 10 minutes.

Spoelstra said I trust you. Here is your spot in the rotation. It is your spot to lose. Show me what you got at this level. Show me whether you are ready or not. Show me how quickly you can figure this level out. 

Also Achiuwa has played more minutes than all Mavs picks combined. Over 300 more minutes. That´s nearly seven full NBA games worth of experience.

Achiuwa minutes per game in March/April/May:  9.6/11/2.8

Green minutes per game in March/April/May:  6.8/9.3/13.3

This isn't directed at 21, but I think we might have a more nuanced conversation if we made rookie PT comparisons strictly for teams over .500.  I'm too lazy to look it up, but besides Achiuwa, I can think of Bane, Prichard, Quickley, Maxey and Flynn as non-lottery rookies contributing to .500+ teams.  All but Maxey are at least a year or more older than Green.  Green is playing more minutes in May than all but Quickley and Prichard.  Green at 13.3 compares well to Bane at 12.8, Maxey at 12.0, Flynn at 3.8 and Achiuwa at 2.8.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know we're not winning the chip this year... - by DanSchwartzgan - 05-07-2021, 08:29 AM