Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread
(05-20-2024, 03:06 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Scoring splits for the Nuggets are brutal.

For the game:

Murray 35pts 13/27 FG
Jokic 34pts 13/28 FG
role players 21pts 8/28FG

2nd half:

Jokic 21pts 7/16 FG
Murray 11pts 5/12 FG
role players 5pts 2/11 FG

4th quarter:

Jokic 14pts 5/10 FG
Murray 6pts 3/5 FG
role players 3pts 1/5 FG

I think on average the Mavs can have at least four guys in double digits each game. And compared to the Nuggets they have more talent in the 7th-9th roster spot. Don't think the Mavs will have a game like this where no one except for Luka and Kyrie shows up. So far it has been the opposite. Kyrie and Luka had some really bad games and role players stepped up to make up for it.

They were really rough.  I like Braun and think Payton Watson is going to be fine.  He just is so young and not ready yet.   I am not sure what they do with Porter.   When they are really going, he is an excellent wild card player.   Where he scores 30, it is really hard to stay close to them.   It is different when they are counting on him to be consistent.

Denver invested on three young players in the draft last year.  It will be interesting if any of them can break through.   They need to find some depth pieces.  I am not sure if they will have the MLE, but I think a Buddy Heild would be great there.  Not the defender but a real nice heat check guy off the bench.   They also need to get some better bigger bodies.    Not much there behind the starters.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread - by raf - 05-19-2024, 09:47 PM
RE: Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread - by Chicagojk - 05-20-2024, 03:12 PM