Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread
All of the inside the NBA guys took the Wolves
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 09:50 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Yes, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't bc he lacks creative to get over short cummings.  But these are the types of changes Rick would make.

You think Rick would take a rook who barely played in the regular season and play him in the playoffs? I don't think you know Rick.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 10:32 PM)fifteenth Wrote: You think Rick would take a rook who barely played in the regular season and play him in the playoffs? I don't think you know Rick.

Don't look at the average age and experience of his Pacers team. He is a new RC. Or maybe he was always the same and just worked for an organization that always picked vets over young guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 10:35 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Don't look at the average age and experience of his Pacers team. He is a new RC. Or maybe he was always the same and just worked for an organization that always picked vets over young guys.

Regardless there is no way he would be playing Omax, especially considering the last I heard he was still in a boot.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 10:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Well Conley is 6ft and can't move at all with the same speed as DJJ. I'd put him in pick and rolls till his legs fall off. 

Attack the low man and have DJJ be the lob threat off the baseline

Wasn't DJJ's best offensive game against OKC when OKC took SGA off of PJ and put him on DJJ? Seems like the Mavs intentionally got the ball to DJJ because of that.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 10:35 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Don't look at the average age and experience of his Pacers team. He is a new RC. Or maybe he was always the same and just worked for an organization that always picked vets over young guys.

It's not that I don't think Rick plays young guys. Most of the young guys that didn't get play here hadn't really earned minutes. But some young guys did get played.

I'm just saying that Rick wouldn't be throwing Omax into the WCF's with how little NBA experience he has. Omax hardly played this season.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply

Or, maybe he now has an organization that picks the RIGHT young guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
Sure could use Maxi vs Minny. How quickly we went from a biggish team yesterday to a smallish team for this next round…..
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 10:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Wasn't DJJ's best offensive game against OKC when OKC took SGA off of PJ and put him on DJJ? Seems like the Mavs intentionally got the ball to DJJ because of that.

How I remember it is SGA guarded PJ for all his 20+ point games. Then switched to DJ for the last 3 when DJ went off. Just needs to guard guys without a J in their name and he’ll be fine.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Absolutely epic choke job by the Nuggets, worst game 7 choke in NBA history, 15 point halftime lead blown (NBA record), 20 point lead blown (NBA record). Jokic has still never beaten a 50 win team in the playoffs in his career, something Luka's already done twice this run. Hopefully the real MVP is feeling healthier for this upcoming series

Minnesota's defense is going to be a problem but their offense isn't as good as OKC's so I like our chances of really stifling them. If we keep the games close I like our chances in the clutch. This post Grant Williams version of the Mavs never played the T Wolves during the regular season so we'll have to feel out the matchups. We always lose game 1s with Kidd so no panic when that happens again
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 11:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Or, maybe he now has an organization that picks the RIGHT young guys.

I think that's it. Indy has picked some good young guys. Donnie had some great picks but then also had some serious question marks. Rick always played young guys that earn minutes. Brunson started 38 games and averaged 22 mpg in his rookie year under Rick.

As a side note, I couldn't be happier with Nico. He is doing a fabulous job.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
Scoring splits for the Nuggets are brutal.

For the game:

Murray 35pts 13/27 FG
Jokic 34pts 13/28 FG
role players 21pts 8/28FG

2nd half:

Jokic 21pts 7/16 FG
Murray 11pts 5/12 FG
role players 5pts 2/11 FG

4th quarter:

Jokic 14pts 5/10 FG
Murray 6pts 3/5 FG
role players 3pts 1/5 FG

I think on average the Mavs can have at least four guys in double digits each game. And compared to the Nuggets they have more talent in the 7th-9th roster spot. Don't think the Mavs will have a game like this where no one except for Luka and Kyrie shows up. So far it has been the opposite. Kyrie and Luka had some really bad games and role players stepped up to make up for it.
Like Reply
(1 hour ago)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Scoring splits for the Nuggets are brutal.

For the game:

Murray 35pts 13/27 FG
Jokic 34pts 13/28 FG
role players 21pts 8/28FG

2nd half:

Jokic 21pts 7/16 FG
Murray 11pts 5/12 FG
role players 5pts 2/11 FG

4th quarter:

Jokic 14pts 5/10 FG
Murray 6pts 3/5 FG
role players 3pts 1/5 FG

I think on average the Mavs can have at least four guys in double digits each game. And compared to the Nuggets they have more talent in the 7th-9th roster spot. Don't think the Mavs will have a game like this where no one except for Luka and Kyrie shows up. So far it has been the opposite. Kyrie and Luka had some really bad games and role players stepped up to make up for it.

They were really rough.  I like Braun and think Payton Watson is going to be fine.  He just is so young and not ready yet.   I am not sure what they do with Porter.   When they are really going, he is an excellent wild card player.   Where he scores 30, it is really hard to stay close to them.   It is different when they are counting on him to be consistent.

Denver invested on three young players in the draft last year.  It will be interesting if any of them can break through.   They need to find some depth pieces.  I am not sure if they will have the MLE, but I think a Buddy Heild would be great there.  Not the defender but a real nice heat check guy off the bench.   They also need to get some better bigger bodies.    Not much there behind the starters.
Like Reply